Sign in to follow this  
CHIRPING CANARY

best away day!!!!!!!

best away day experiance, not just the result but the whole day. mine was sheffield utd away 10 years or so ago and i got lost in the city, i looked over my shoulder and behind me was blue flashing lights and 2 police motorbikes followed by the norwich team bus, so i followed the team bus straight to uniteds ground, we lost 2-1 that day but was quality. any other good stories?

Charlton away last season not only getting promoted  but some cocky chavs before the game acting all hard thern when game finished and all of us coming out they stopped being cocky looked at there ''watch'' prtending there late for something and ran off lol also we went up [:D]

The playoff final defeat to brum. Brilliant atmosphere, never been to a stadium as big as Cardiff, had the best seats too! The journey home was the best on the tube as the back of the train was over loaded so everyone in there was getting pushed forward and then back - BRILLAITN!

[quote user="I am a Banana"]The playoff final defeat to brum. Brilliant atmosphere, never been to a stadium as big as Cardiff, had the best seats too! The journey home was the best on the tube as the back of the train was over loaded so everyone in there was getting pushed forward and then back - BRILLAITN![/quote]Yeah absolutely brilliant. Losing in the play-off final. Quite possibly the worst and sourest moment supporting the canaries.

[quote user="Excited Canary"][quote user="I am a Banana"]The playoff final defeat to brum. Brilliant atmosphere, never been to a stadium as big as Cardiff, had the best seats too! The journey home was the best on the tube as the back of the train was over loaded so everyone in there was getting pushed forward and then back - BRILLAITN![/quote]

Yeah absolutely brilliant. Losing in the play-off final. Quite possibly the worst and sourest moment supporting the canaries.
[/quote]

the brum fans were brill shaking hands on the way out, although would they have done that if they lost?

I  really  enjoyed   bristol  away  last  season after  being  asked  to leave  the  bristol rovers  club house as  it  was  for  my  "own safety" I walked  into  town met up with some norwich fans and came  across the annexe which is  used  by the home fans  as well, well both norwich and  bristol rovers  fans had  a great time  singing  songs and  talking  football (its  not  easy when the rovers  fans are  dressed  as  pirates) some   great lads though  the day  was  complete with a  3 -0  win, a  very  enjoyable  day 

was  anyone  else there  at the  annexe ?

[quote user="I am a Banana"]

[quote user="Excited Canary"][quote user="I am a Banana"]The playoff final defeat to brum. Brilliant atmosphere, never been to a stadium as big as Cardiff, had the best seats too! The journey home was the best on the tube as the back of the train was over loaded so everyone in there was getting pushed forward and then back - BRILLAITN![/quote]Yeah absolutely brilliant. Losing in the play-off final. Quite possibly the worst and sourest moment supporting the canaries.[/quote]

the brum fans were brill shaking hands on the way out, although would they have done that if they lost?

[/quote]living  in  brum  and  knowing  what the  bluenoses  are  like I doubt  it very much, not  all are  like  it though

[quote user="canarycol"][quote user="I am a Banana"]

[quote user="Excited Canary"][quote user="I am a Banana"]The playoff final defeat to brum. Brilliant atmosphere, never been to a stadium as big as Cardiff, had the best seats too! The journey home was the best on the tube as the back of the train was over loaded so everyone in there was getting pushed forward and then back - BRILLAITN![/quote]

Yeah absolutely brilliant. Losing in the play-off final. Quite possibly the worst and sourest moment supporting the canaries.
[/quote]

[/quote]

living  in  brum  and  knowing  what the  bluenoses  are  like I doubt  it very much, not  all are  like  it though
[/quote]

Well my grandad was one of the nice ones [y]

[quote user="I am a Banana"][quote user="canarycol"][quote user="I am a Banana"]

[quote user="Excited Canary"][quote user="I am a Banana"]The playoff final defeat to brum. Brilliant atmosphere, never been to a stadium as big as Cardiff, had the best seats too! The journey home was the best on the tube as the back of the train was over loaded so everyone in there was getting pushed forward and then back - BRILLAITN![/quote]Yeah absolutely brilliant. Losing in the play-off final. Quite possibly the worst and sourest moment supporting the canaries.[/quote]

[/quote]living  in  brum  and  knowing  what the  bluenoses  are  like I doubt  it very much, not  all are  like  it though [/quote]

Well my grandad was one of the nice ones [y]

[/quote]

I remember  coming out  of  st andrews one tear  aftwe  we had drawb 1-1 and as  the  fans  was  merging  together I was  approached by a  bluenose  of  middle  age and  was  asked   "wheres your  boys  then " he  obviously   wasnt  going  to  ask  them for  a drink all his  mates   were there waiting to jump in  but  thankfully the police came (before I had  chance  to  lay them out lol)

A couple spring to mind, the play off final against brum, the whole day apart from the result was so memorable, when we scored i stood there and thought to myself i''ve never heard Norwcih fans make so much noise.  Also my son at the end who was 8 then had a tear in his eye and i knew then that he had become a real Norwich fan.

The other goes back to the 85/86 season, well two games actually, trips to Carlisle which seemed to take days to get too and looked like we were heading for a ptich on a farm and also at Bradford but at the Odsal stadium where if my memory is right we clinced promotion or went top one or the other.  The camaraderie of the fans on those trips was truely memorable. Also Sir Arthur giving us a free trip for going to Carlisle was a kind gesture

[quote user="canarycol"]I  really  enjoyed   bristol  away  last  season after  being  asked  to leave  the  bristol rovers  club house as  it  was  for  my  "own safety" I walked  into  town met up with some norwich fans and came  across the annexe which is  used  by the home fans  as well, well both norwich and  bristol rovers  fans had  a great time  singing  songs and  talking  football (its  not  easy when the rovers  fans are  dressed  as  pirates) some   great lads though  the day  was  complete with a  3 -0  win, a  very  enjoyable  day 

was  anyone  else there  at the  annexe ?[/quote]

I loved Rovers away, great day [:D] I also enjoyed Brighton last season, nice city, crappy ground in the middle of no-where, good atmosphere, Norwich win from 1-0 down keeping us at the top. What more could you want?

me and 2 pals (1 NCFC 1 Millwall (long story)) Man Utd away - our last prem season - we lost 2-1 but the 3000 of us out sung the mancs by far. Probably the best away day for me as me and my pals crashed at my company''s northern accounts office (random I know) on oldham street and didnt sleep for 36 hours due to some rather accomodating manc girls that me & mine clunged at a rather messy night in sankey soaps (google it)...the girls weren''t up for sleeping so we partied till sunday afternoon. then went to the pub. the only down point was we maybe should have tidied up before we left as the accounts dept were not happy bunnies come monday am. dont ask.

,,,oh, and the actual game was ok too. McVeigh scored!? [;)]

too many to mention

Arsenal 92 4-2 (probably my favourite ever match)

Last game of the 86 season at Sheffield Wednesday so many city fans , I seem to remember there were nearly as many city fans as wednesday fans.

Boxing day Man U 0 Norwich 1

Stuck in traffic after beating Wolves in the play offs and hanging out of the sun roof.

Barnsley away I think this was the play off year, 4500 of us having bought tickets prior to us looking out of the play offs we win and relegate Barnsley and then one of our rivals loose and suddenly a home win against ?? - bugger I hate old age!  -but Hans Saggers was their keeper and got sent off in the first few minutes. (Stockport i think?)  was all we needed to get into the play offs. We did this then beat Wolves in the play off semi finals with Little WLY scoring the perfect header at the River End before Malky got two.- oh happy days!

[quote user="Excited Canary"][quote user="I am a Banana"]The playoff final defeat to brum. Brilliant atmosphere, never been to a stadium as big as Cardiff, had the best seats too! The journey home was the best on the tube as the back of the train was over loaded so everyone in there was getting pushed forward and then back - BRILLAITN![/quote]Yeah absolutely brilliant. Losing in the play-off final. Quite possibly the worst and sourest moment supporting the canaries.[/quote]have to cringe at you referring to us as ''the canaries''

Hundreds if not thousands of Norwich fans on the underground crossing London on the way to the play off final, and one poor sod in a Norwich shirt on the tube going the other way lol.

Arriving at the station in cardiff and about 100 or so norwich fans walking out of the station singing on the ball city, only to look up and see about 30,000 brum fans haha.

An amazing day, i''ve watched the dvd over and over. Only i normally stop it after Iwan scores.

Anfield, last game of The Kop.

1-0 Jerry Goss.

It was a fanstastic drunken weekend spent in Liverpool and Blackpool, only spoiled by news of Ayrton Senna''s death.

Good memories chaps, good memories.

My personal faves are the 2-0 win mentioned against Barnsley in Play off season and the 2-0 win at Portman Road where Iwan Roberts scored twice.

On a personal note, had a great weekend in Exeter last year. Got there on the Friday, went out for drinks and heard about Gunny''s sacking. Met up with loads of Norwich and Exeter fans pre-game for drinks in a lovely city (Exeter!) and met some friends who have been good friends for a year now. Had a few more drinks pre and post match and went out in Exeter in the evening. It wasnt a great game, 1-1, but also a baking hot sunny day and the excitement of knowing Gunn wasnt gonna manage us any longer!

[quote user="The Great Drinkell"]Barnsley away I think this was the play off year, 4500 of us having bought tickets prior to us looking out of the play offs we win and relegate Barnsley and then one of our rivals loose and suddenly a home win against ?? - bugger I hate old age!  -but Hans Saggers was their keeper and got sent off in the first few minutes. (Stockport i think?)  was all we needed to get into the play offs. We did this then beat Wolves in the play off semi finals with Little WLY scoring the perfect header at the River End before Malky got two.- oh happy days![/quote]Totally agree - great atmosphere that day

I''ve not done too many but Huddersfield last year was pretty special, more than made up for being at Charlton when we were relegated!

It has to be when I took my Georgian girlfriend to Pride Park, Derby at Xmas 2003 in our promotion season to see her first ever live game. We won 4-0 and she loved it as much as I did !!!  [<:o)]  

[quote user="Nolly"]

A couple spring to mind, the play off final against brum, the whole day apart from the result was so memorable, when we scored i stood there and thought to myself i''ve never heard Norwcih fans make so much noise.  Also my son at the end who was 8 then had a tear in his eye and i knew then that he had become a real Norwich fan.

The other goes back to the 85/86 season, well two games actually, trips to Carlisle which seemed to take days to get too and looked like we were heading for a ptich on a farm and also at Bradford but at the Odsal stadium where if my memory is right we clinced promotion or went top one or the other.  The camaraderie of the fans on those trips was truely memorable. Also Sir Arthur giving us a free trip for going to Carlisle was a kind gesture

[/quote]We clinched promotion that day Nolly, I was there as well, had many good away days in the 80''s, did a lot of them in a mini bus full of lads who used to stand at the back of the centre pen in the Barclay.

[quote user="dhickl"][quote user="The Great Drinkell"]Barnsley away I think this was the play off year, 4500 of us having bought tickets prior to us looking out of the play offs we win and relegate Barnsley and then one of our rivals loose and suddenly a home win against ?? - bugger I hate old age!  -but Hans Saggers was their keeper and got sent off in the first few minutes. (Stockport i think?)  was all we needed to get into the play offs. We did this then beat Wolves in the play off semi finals with Little WLY scoring the perfect header at the River End before Malky got two.- oh happy days![/quote]Totally agree - great atmosphere that day[/quote]

your favorite ever goal drinks [y]

Sunderland Away 2004, lost 1-0 but won the league. rolled into newcastle after and about 100 city fans took over a pub great fun. then got an over night train back home. was at uni in leicester at the time, pulled into the station at 8.30 still drunk rolled into my first lecture of the day!

[quote user="The Great Drinkell"]Barnsley away I think this was the play off year, 4500 of us having bought tickets prior to us looking out of the play offs we win and relegate Barnsley and then one of our rivals loose and suddenly a home win against ?? - bugger I hate old age!  -but Hans Saggers was their keeper and got sent off in the first few minutes. (Stockport i think?)  was all we needed to get into the play offs. We did this then beat Wolves in the play off semi finals with Little WLY scoring the perfect header at the River End before Malky got two.- oh happy days![/quote]

It was Andy Dibble that was sent off, but yes, a great day, albeit not an away day! Barnsley was ace too

The play-off final was just incredible, result aside. I was fairly young back then, but even games since then have paled in comparison to the moment Iwan put us ahead. Never heard that much noise in my life. A cherished memory.

Southampton/Palace away in the Prem were great for most of the match too, as it felt like we were about to pull off an amazing escape. Late goals in both cost us big time.