Sign in to follow this  
woody11

Fraser To Celtic

[quote user="pete_norw"]

[quote user="paul moy"]I can''t believe that Newcastle have let him go. He''s far better than Harper IMO.[/quote]

Word has it that he turned down 4 championship clubs first as he was hoping to come back here, and he went to Celtic because he didn''t want to play against us, ????????????

[/quote]

Hux did the same, but moving to america instead of some champ clubs

what a complete waste of time for Forster to go to Celtic. The Scottish Premiership is about the standard of the lower end of League 1 / upper end of league 2 (Robert Eagle moved to Inverness Cally - I say no more) - so no progression for him this season. He should''ve joined us - at least then he''d be playing at a higher level. Most of the best of Scotland (players and managers) tend to move to the Championship these days as they know it''s a step up from the Scottish Premier.

I''m just back from 5 days in Edinburgh and it''s all over the scottish papers. It says that he was highly recommended to Mr Lennon by a certain Mr Lambert!!!

[quote user="First Wazzock"]I''m just back from 5 days in Edinburgh and it''s all over the scottish papers. It says that he was highly recommended to Mr Lennon by a certain Mr Lambert!!![/quote]Welcome back Wazzy. Glad you found your pic again! [Y]

[quote user="Canary Poirot"]what a complete waste of time for Forster to go to Celtic. The Scottish Premiership is about the standard of the lower end of League 1 / upper end of league 2 (Robert Eagle moved to Inverness Cally - I say no more) - so no progression for him this season. He should''ve joined us - at least then he''d be playing at a higher level. Most of the best of Scotland (players and managers) tend to move to the Championship these days as they know it''s a step up from the Scottish Premier.[/quote]

Regardless of the standard of football in the SPL, Celtic as a club get massive exposure. Far more than any Championship club does.

It''s a good move for him. If he plays he should do well, and people will notice him, what with being at such a big name club, an'' all that.

Fraser for England!

[quote user="Canary Poirot"]what a complete waste of time for Forster to go to Celtic. The Scottish Premiership is about the standard of the lower end of League 1 / upper end of league 2 (Robert Eagle moved to Inverness Cally - I say no more) - so no progression for him this season. He should''ve joined us - at least then he''d be playing at a higher level. Most of the best of Scotland (players and managers) tend to move to the Championship these days as they know it''s a step up from the Scottish Premier.[/quote]

I think we all know that if Fraser had his way he would be here. For whatever reason us and the Geordie''s couldn''t reach an agreement so we''ve got Ruddy and Celtic have Forster. Let''s get behind big John and move on from Fraser whilst wishing him the very best up in Scotland.

[quote user="Lambo"]

I think we all know that if Fraser had his way he would be here. For whatever reason us and the Geordie''s couldn''t reach an agreement so we''ve got Ruddy and Celtic have Forster. Let''s get behind big John and move on from Fraser whilst wishing him the very best up in Scotland.

[/quote]

The money was the problem for us, unlike Burnley who could give no reassurances he would be playing week-in-week-out, hence they buy Grant who hasn''t really figured much.

I hope he gets a fair chance at Celtic and wish him all the best.

I think it''s a good move for him. And after last night''s poor performance by Zaluska, I''d be absolutely appauled if Frasier didn''t get a shot in goal up there. I think if he can do up there what he did here and not let the nerves get the better of him, you''ll see Forster come back a far, far better keeper.