Sign in to follow this  
I am a Banana

Cureton Gets a New Team

Actually he isn''t late. Cureton only signed yesterday. He has played twice for Exeter on a non-contract basis but has now signed an actual contract

How long till he once again comes out and starts moaning about how he wassnt given a chance and how if he was given one he would have scored more goals

Why do you have to moan at Jamie? He was one of the most committed players we have had in years, and yes he was past his best last year but he still scored a handful of important goals. He was our top scorer not too many seasons ago and always gave everything for the cause. Instead of lambasting players who cared for the club and moaning at ex players and even current players for nothing do something more constructive. I wish him all the best personally, he was a great guy as well. Instead of jumping on people''s back which is standard for this forum, such as the beginning of last season I remember when Doherty and Wes were getting the brunt of abuse and somehow Wes has become a fans favourite, as a club fanbase we need to stop being so fickle.

[quote user="Viva_Marc_Libbra"]Why do you have to moan at Jamie? He was one of the most committed players we have had in years, and yes he was past his best last year but he still scored a handful of important goals. He was our top scorer not too many seasons ago and always gave everything for the cause. Instead of lambasting players who cared for the club and moaning at ex players and even current players for nothing do something more constructive. I wish him all the best personally, he was a great guy as well. Instead of jumping on people''s back which is standard for this forum, such as the beginning of last season I remember when Doherty and Wes were getting the brunt of abuse and somehow Wes has become a fans favourite, as a club fanbase we need to stop being so fickle.[/quote]

2nd[Y]

[quote user="Viva_Marc_Libbra"]Why do you have to moan at Jamie? He was one of the most committed players we have had in years, and yes he was past his best last year but he still scored a handful of important goals. He was our top scorer not too many seasons ago and always gave everything for the cause. Instead of lambasting players who cared for the club and moaning at ex players and even current players for nothing do something more constructive. I wish him all the best personally, he was a great guy as well. Instead of jumping on people''s back which is standard for this forum, such as the beginning of last season I remember when Doherty and Wes were getting the brunt of abuse and somehow Wes has become a fans favourite, as a club fanbase we need to stop being so fickle.[/quote]

true, but Cureton went on loan to a league 2 team last season and didn''t achieve anythink so why will he achieve something in the league above. I would lvoe him to do well but he just wont!

Good for him. I was pretty sickened by our ''big time Charlie'' attitude towards him while he was here and I hope he does well.....Again it just shows how we as a club have lost our respect for the ''trier''...........

If he has been given another chance in League One, good luck to him. He was one of only a few committed players during the Roeder period when most of our teams comprised of loanees who underperformed and couldn''t care less.

[quote user="Viva_Marc_Libbra"] He was one of the most committed players we have had in years,

and always gave everything for the cause.

[/quote]

I can''t say I ever really saw that in his performances. I think he talked the talk about how much he loved being at Norwich but on the pitch he rarely delivered anything that was more than "just doing enough".

He wasn''t a player who busted a gut for the cause.

Fair enough if somebody could get the ball to him in a dangerous area and he didn''t have to do too much running to do then he might have been able to score you a goal, but that was it. He strolled through most games waiting for someone else to make something happen for him.

[quote user="Cluck"]Again it just shows how we as a club have lost our respect for the ''trier''...........[/quote]

Your only partly right. Lee Croft won the POTS the season before last and he was certainly a "trier" and will forever be remembered for that one time he succeeded aganinst Ips***.

I wish Curo all the best for the last few years of his career. Hopefully he can get a couple of goals to regain his confidence as with out that he''s 1/3 of the player he is compared to when he''s got it.

Davo

I am amazed he has picked up a decent league 1 team. I thought he might have to drop into non league football to pick up a club. But Paul Tisdale is an excellent young manager so congratulations to Jamie, he has clearly done well in training and the matches he has played in. I don''t have anything against the guy to be honest and I hope he does really well for them. It wasn''t his fault that Peter Grant paid the best part of £1 million for him and decided to give him a big 3 year deal when he wasn''t up to it. I think if any of us were offered that opportunity to play for Norwich we would have taken it.

[quote user="ncfc4life"]How long till he once again comes out and starts moaning about how he wassnt given a chance and how if he was given one he would have scored more goals[/quote]

I expect you are one of the Lambert = All Good but Gunn, Cureton = All Bad brigade on here. Roeder f*****d Cureton up, even playing him as a lone striker with balls being "up and undered" to him. With the right partner up front (Iwelumo, Akinbiyi, Roberts) Curo was an excellent striker and a frequent scorer. hence the Golden Boot at Colchester a few season ago in the Championship. For my part, I wish him all the best at Exeter.There is no reason for any Norwich supporter to slate him or moan about him as so many have done on here over the last year or so.

[quote user="Bogbrush1"][quote user="ncfc4life"]How long till he once again comes out and starts moaning about how he wassnt given a chance and how if he was given one he would have scored more goals
[/quote] I expect you are one of the Lambert = All Good but Gunn, Cureton = All Bad brigade on here. Roeder f*****d Cureton up, even playing him as a lone striker with balls being "up and undered" to him. With the right partner up front (Iwelumo, Akinbiyi, Roberts) Curo was an excellent striker and a frequent scorer. hence the Golden Boot at Colchester a few season ago in the Championship. For my part, I wish him all the best at Exeter.There is no reason for any Norwich supporter to slate him or moan about him as so many have done on here over the last year or so.[/quote]All the best Jamie, fingers crossed for you.[Y]

best wishes Jamie, hope it comes up trumps for you..........amazes me how he never gets any credit for the 14 goals he scored the season before we went down to league 1...without these goals i am pretty sure we would have been relegated, always tried his best and bleeds yellow and green

Credited with the myth of ''exemplary work ethic'', more than probably built upon the premise that he came from our youth academy and donned the ''yellow & green'' hairstyle on one derby day.I never saw him bust a gut over the duration of the full 90 minutes for the shirt, personifying the "goal poacher" tag, with his only impact being made on the rare occasions he found the ball. Simply wouldn''t fit into a Lambert style system, far too much of a case of "feeding off the team" than "working for the team".For the times he managed to find a good opportunity, scarcely supplemented by an extreme lack of pace, his finishing was nothing other than woeful. It''s gut-wrenching just thinking of the chances he missed, least the amount.Worthy of no more of our appreciation than the likes of Lee Croft in my estimation.

[quote user="John"]Credited with the myth of ''exemplary work ethic'', more than probably built upon the premise that he came from our youth academy and donned the ''yellow & green'' hairstyle on one derby day.I never saw him bust a gut over the duration of the full 90 minutes for the shirt, personifying the "goal poacher" tag, with his only impact being made on the rare occasions he found the ball. Simply wouldn''t fit into a Lambert style system, far too much of a case of "feeding off the team" than "working for the team".For the times he managed to find a good opportunity, scarcely supplemented by an extreme lack of pace, his finishing was nothing other than woeful. It''s gut-wrenching just thinking of the chances he missed, least the amount.Worthy of no more of our appreciation than the likes of Lee Croft in my estimation.[/quote]Mmmmmm...... Not too keen on him then?

Another reason to like Exeter. At this rate I could have a second team. And I just don''t do second teams.

Why don''t people just leave Jamie lad in peace you miserable tosspots?

[quote user="Cluck"][quote user="John"]Credited with the myth of ''exemplary work ethic'', more than probably built upon the premise that he came from our youth academy and donned the ''yellow & green'' hairstyle on one derby day.I never saw him bust a gut over the duration of the full 90 minutes for the shirt, personifying the "goal poacher" tag, with his only impact being made on the rare occasions he found the ball. Simply wouldn''t fit into a Lambert style system, far too much of a case of "feeding off the team" than "working for the team".For the times he managed to find a good opportunity, scarcely supplemented by an extreme lack of pace, his finishing was nothing other than woeful. It''s gut-wrenching just thinking of the chances he missed, least the amount.Worthy of no more of our appreciation than the likes of Lee Croft in my estimation.[/quote]Mmmmmm...... Not too keen on him then?[/quote]You couldn''t not be more wrong.

At least he is doing better than Alan Smith... who hasn''t scored in FIVE years I believe

[quote user="John"][quote user="Cluck"][quote user="John"]Credited with the myth of ''exemplary work ethic'', more than probably built upon the premise that he came from our youth academy and donned the ''yellow & green'' hairstyle on one derby day.I never saw him bust a gut over the duration of the full 90 minutes for the shirt, personifying the "goal poacher" tag, with his only impact being made on the rare occasions he found the ball. Simply wouldn''t fit into a Lambert style system, far too much of a case of "feeding off the team" than "working for the team".For the times he managed to find a good opportunity, scarcely supplemented by an extreme lack of pace, his finishing was nothing other than woeful. It''s gut-wrenching just thinking of the chances he missed, least the amount.Worthy of no more of our appreciation than the likes of Lee Croft in my estimation.[/quote]Mmmmmm...... Not too keen on him then?[/quote]You couldn''t not be more wrong.[/quote]Ohhhhhh.... I could.I could have said he had a sausage for a nose and supported Ipswich as a young girl........

[quote user="AJ"]At least he is doing better than Alan Smith... who hasn''t scored in FIVE years I believe[/quote]

To be fair to Smith... most of that period he''s been played as a holding midfielder.

Well, I hope Jamie Cureton gets regular football, scores fifteen-twenty goals and retires so he can at least go out on a high note of sorts.  He should be helped by the fact Exeter''s ground is too small to have a "Row Z".

I really wanted to like Cureton but his constant moaning in the press put me off him. I think he took the biscuit when having done sweet fuck all for us the season we went down he came out saying he had to be first choice.

"Its at Exeter, When will he learn he just can''t cut it anymore?!"

yep - that''s true...

oh wait - did you see he got a brace against Yeovil (away) on Tuesday night? I bet Exeter are really wishing they''d listened to you Banana...

[quote user="Cluck"]Good for him. I was pretty sickened by our ''big time Charlie'' attitude towards him while he was here and I hope he does well.....

Again it just shows how we as a club have lost our respect for the ''trier''...........

[/quote]

"Triers" got us nowhere.  Jamie in his latter years was a "Trier".  So was Hooooozey.  So was Bryan Gunn.

I''d rather have "Succeeders"

[quote user="Barclay hero"]

[quote user="Cluck"]Good for him. I was pretty sickened by our ''big time Charlie'' attitude towards him while he was here and I hope he does well.....Again it just shows how we as a club have lost our respect for the ''trier''...........[/quote]

"Triers" got us nowhere.  Jamie in his latter years was a "Trier".  So was Hooooozey.  So was Bryan Gunn.

I''d rather have "Succeeders"

[/quote]I wish Jamie Cureton the best. I am glad he is not still at the club. Some may argue that Michael Nelson''s fan club is testament to the fact that there are enough people following the club who still love "a trier". Football fans will always have players they love to bash. To some Doherty could never do any right. The last season Roberts played for NCFC there were plenty who put the amount of money his wages were costing per goal scored above past glories and what he''d contributed to the club. There are two guys behind me who SLATE korey smith at any given opportunity. I''m sure there''s someone who has a season ticket who just doesn''t rate Holt. I don''t personally think footballers need you to come out and defend them, whilst some of the more sensitive ones may feel it''s touching that you want to. They get paid handsomely for the entertainment industry they perform (or don''t) in, and getting grief off fans is one of the very few negatives that go along with their lifestyle. If you ever shared a pint with a current city star, hung out with Dion/Hucks or bumped into Roberts on a night out a few times, more than likely you won''t have a bad word said about them. I think with Cureton that is particularly a case in point.