Sign in to follow this  
Bethnal Yellow and Green

Lambert interview in the Guardian

Excellent, ta for that. Some good Norwich related links at the bottom too, including a photo gallery of the Leeds game.

Interesting that Lambert wont say what his target is for the season. I think that is code for "we want promotion, but  I dont want to appear arrogant by saying so".On the other hand there are 23 other managers all thinking the same thing.

The Guardian have started a Football League blog and have promised for more coverage on the games outside of the Premiership (although they have promised this before and failed to deliver). One of the sports writers at the Guardian is a Norwich City fan and talks about them with good knowledge on the Football Weekly Podcast when he is on it.

With the BBC''s Championship games and Football League show there has finally been more coverage and interest taken in the Championship, and it is by far a more exciting league than the Premiership. Leeds being in the Championship will also bring more attention (as Newcastle did last year), which although is frustrating it will boost the entire league (like it or not).

The Guardian blog looks interesting. Particularly that the introductory article by Sean Ingle states that they have struggled to find readers for their Championship stuff in the past. I wonder whether what we are looking for is stuff on our own club, which is obviously covered better in the pink un, rather than ''stuff on the lower leagues''. If there was an interview with the manager of Leicester in today''s Guardian, would you read it?

[quote user="Bethnal Yellow and Green"]

One of the sports writers at the Guardian is a Norwich City fan and talks about them with good knowledge on the Football Weekly Podcast when he is on it.

[/quote]

I think it''s Paul McInnes (sp?) who is The Guardians resident City fan. He does the music podcast but occasionally turns up on Football Weekly as you say.

Their Championship preview has us as outside bets for the play-offs and Ipswich to go down [:D]

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/football-league-blog/2010/aug/05/football-league-preview