Sign in to follow this  
shortfatb

Lee Croft

If it''s already been covered to death then I''m sorry but I can''t find it, Lee Croft going to Huddersfield on a 6 month loan leads me to ask 2 questions, would he have lasted under Lambert if he had stayed and what did Lee Clarke see in him while he was here that I missed?   

I don''t know...He can run the line alright, he can beat a player alright and provides a bit of excitement but just doesn''t have the quality for this level of football - however for League One that might be different. He did work really hard here - some fat podger soon became a faster, more athletic player (didn''t lose that baby face though). Not a fantastic winger by any means but i doubt too many League One clubs would turn down his services.

Anyone notice that he looks like Buzz Lightyear? [IMG]http://i36.tinypic.com/21o22ok.jpg[/IMG]and...[IMG]http://i34.tinypic.com/2vkm8ud.jpg[/IMG]?

Massively over-rated, his goal against the scum aside.

I only think Croft got the attention he did due to playing in a very, very poor side. Hardly set the world alight at Derby and I''d forget he even existed were it not for that rubbish piece on Soccer Saturday

[quote user="shortfatb"]what did Lee Clarke see in him while he was here that I missed?   
[/quote]

Just that he''s a good player, I guess.

Although i agree that Lee Croft never performed consistantly in the championship, he was still capable of the rare good moment. I for one cant think of many better right midfielders in league one and think that is the main reason why Lee Clark has signed him!