Sign in to follow this  
Toby Newton

Time to keep it real?

I am now concerned by follow supporters losing there sense of the real world! So when we got up last year did no one else think that come the new season there may be dark match day''s ahead? that we may not win evey game or 17th position would be good?

I think some people have lost sight...so we are playing Man utd or Charlton no matter what formation Worthington play''s that it still depends on the quality of the 11 players on the pitch.

The only thing we can do is get behind them because it was always going to be hard..i dont see us giving up!Worthington works with a squad with certain talent..Worthington out ..Come on..did we forget the last 9 years...was there a mind-blackout in MAY.

Money ..did that help Wolves..No...West Brom..No

Keep it real!

I completely agree with you Toby!! (By the way good name!!!!) I do wish sometimes Worthy was a bit more quick to make tactical changes!!!!

I would like to see mulryne in the starting line-up!!

I do not really see a place for Henderson until he gets some real first team experience at another club!! He is far too light weight, the same can be said for Jarvis!!

I understand why people are getting annoyed, it is because we came out at the start of the season and really put ourselves about (Palace excluded!!) and once you set that kind of stall out people''s expectation level rises!! Mine included!!

I also understand that they get paid a hell of alot of money to play football, and in any other proffession some of them would be recieving thir p45''s!!!!

But there is alot of psychology involved in the game that we cant account for, but can help with!!!!

In my opinion we have the neccessary ability to stay in this league, however I am with you in that we need the belief!! And you are right it starts with us and the support we need to provide!!!!

OTBC!!!!

You''re not alone-I completely agree.I can''t be too disappointed because I never expected much. I''m definitely still enjoying the ride-wherever it ends up! It''s not even as if we''re whipping boys, we''ve mostly held our own and not been outclassed... just lacking the extra ten percent to get us over that winning line.

The big debate will be January. Forme there are two distinct options that we could take. They are:

1) Spend all our money on existing Prem reject player(s) in the hope they''ll keep us up, but because they11 be older we will have little to show for it at the end of the season and will have to start again or

2) spend our money on upcoming players _ the next Francis or Drury, and accept that they might not keep us up but they''ll make us much stronger in the future.

For me there is no third option. we cannot buy big to secure our future. we''d need a £5 million striker to increase our chances and we would haveto borrow big to finance that-something the club quite rightly won''t do.

if we''re serious abort going ''the Charlton route? then we must remember how they did it...

Well said.

Full support required from all this Saturday. Anyone who thinks the game is lost and relegation is assured, sell your ticket on here now.

I dont think anybody has lost touch of what we r facing but people have the right to get frustrated and hope for more. I do like the fact that u put "that we may not win every game" - one would be nice, is that too much to expect!!!

Too right At Last!

I''d be happy to buy any whingers season ticket and make good use of it cheering on the lads.

I''ve only been to the Real Mallorca friendly and the Bristol City cup game. Wish I could get a ticket.

We''ll still be making our 400 mile round trip to home games at the end of the season - whatever''s at stake! 3 points next Saturday will make the journey home better than it''s been for a while though: could have heard a pin drop on the A14 last week!

To everybody above and the comments, thank you, couldn''t have put it better myself. This has nothing to do with ambition, our board is ambitous, it just happens that they are realistic aswell, thank god. I defo believe in this board and the manager. To all those who are saying Worthy out. How can anyone back the worthy out statement.

Do the math, no worthy, mid table div one side.

People above, thank you for keeping it real.

Just because people come on here and critisicise it doesn''t mean that they will not give the team support when they''re at a game. I have not missed a single home game for 32 years and when I''m at the games I support the team as passionately as anyone in the ground. We have done well in many of the games we have played but the fact is we still haven''t won a game. We have 25 games left and will probably need to win 9 and draw 3 or 4 to survive, the odds do not look very favourable when u consider that we haven''t won any in 13 so far. Imo relegation would be an absolute disaster as theres no guarantee we''ll bounce straight back. The confidence of the whole club and fans will be affected big time if we carry on in the current vein, look how it has knocked Wolves back after the torrid season they endured in the prem.

No, its precisely because the board are smart that relegation would not be a disaster, they have made sure of that.Not getting promoted would have been a disaster, the way the finances were. At least the club is secure for the next couple of years whatever happens. And that''s a big plus for me, so long as I can keep going to CR and watching football nothing else much matters.