Sign in to follow this  
mrs miggins

matt gill

To be honest I don''t know much about him, I don''t know if he''s a good passer, tackler. I can''t see him making the bench to many times tho

I''d like to have a GK on the bench too.

Rudd, K.Smith, Askou, Lappin, McNamee, Hughes, Jackson.

wouldn''t quite go as far as banana but McNamee hasn''t quite grasped his role as an outfield player - perhaps the club could save some of the pitch side seats so as to provide somewhere for him to rest after the odd strenuous effort of putting in a crossGill looks ok, nothing spectacular but looks to be able to do the job, will certainly be needed to cover any injuries and could develop as the season goesas Lambert seems to be having a first X1 and a second XI then Gill will stay

[quote user="I am a Banana"]macnamee is $h!t [y] Gill is a more important player when we are playing the diamond and should take his place.[/quote]That is the biggest load of shoite I''ve EVER read.McNamee is the only player who offers us any width and seeing as how we cantwont  play the dimaond every game he is essential.His cross for Martins 2nd v the Toon was a great bit of play.

[quote user="I am a Banana"]macnamee is $h!t [y] Gill is a more important player when we are playing the diamond and should take his place.[/quote]I think McNamee is pretty good actually and has received quite a bit of criticism when the whole team didn''t play their best football towards the end of the season. At the Orient away

game I thought he was the only player who offered us an attacking outlet but nobody got the ball to him or got in a good position when he did. His crossing ability will definitely come in useful as the season progresses.

[quote user="NeonYellow"][quote user="I am a Banana"]macnamee is $h!t [y] Gill is a more important player when we are playing the diamond and should take his place.[/quote]

I think McNamee is pretty good actually and has received quite a bit of criticism when the whole team didn''t play their best football towards the end of the season.

At the Orient away game I thought he was the only player who offered us an attacking outlet but nobody got the ball to him or got in a good position when he did. His crossing ability will definitely come in useful as the season progresses.
[/quote]

no he didn''t, well i dont think so anyway! Every cross he made went straight to the keeper. Thats why we lost 2-1!

[quote user="nevermind"]Who else would you have on the bench? K. Smith Johnson Askou Whitbread Lappin Hughes Jackson[/quote]

Two centre backs and two strikers!!   really???

I think Lambert is more likely to have

Steer/Rudd, K Smith, a centreback, Gill/Hughes, Lappin/Smith and two from McNamee/Jackson/Johnson

Matt Gill didn''t disgrace himself when he captained the "B" team in the first half at Lincoln - ran his heart out, tackled - and tried to pass the ball forward. I thought he had more possession than any other city player. Similarly Hughes can have a good claim for a bench position and probably a few starts too. I''d like to see McNamee do well (because I like to watch genuine wide players who can cross the ball) but it remains to be seen if he can do the business in this league. I see him as a sub to add some pace against tiring defences. Johnson has come a long way in a short time and despite the competition, I think he will get games and goals for us this season. I think all this means we have a very good squad this season with the possible exception of central defence - the likes of Fotheringham and Croft would not even make Lambert''s bench now IMO.

If you don''t have McNamee on the bench then all the opposition need do is pack the midfield and they stifle the game to a potential 0-0. You have to at least have the option of width as a Plan B.

I thought Gill looked decent enough when I saw him play pre season. Not decent enough to start mind.

[quote user="I am a Banana"]macnamee is $h!t [y] Gill is a more important player when we are playing the diamond and should take his place.[/quote]

MacNamee is shit ?! how very dare you, he was brought in by Lambert and lambert does no wrong. Please do not post such heresies on this MB again.

[quote user="I am a Banana"]

[quote user="NeonYellow"][quote user="I am a Banana"]macnamee is $h!t [y] Gill is a more important player when we are playing the diamond and should take his place.[/quote]

I think McNamee is pretty good actually and has received quite a bit of criticism when the whole team didn''t play their best football towards the end of the season.

At the Orient away game I thought he was the only player who offered us an attacking outlet but nobody got the ball to him or got in a good position when he did. His crossing ability will definitely come in useful as the season progresses.
[/quote]

no he didn''t, well i dont think so anyway! Every cross he made went straight to the keeper. Thats why we lost 2-1!

[/quote]

So your saying that cause Macca misplaced a couple of crosses thats why we lost?! What a load of tosh you really do talk some sh1t!

I would agree with that Banana that Gill is a better player than Macca. I would rather see Surman, Hoolahoop or Lappin in ahead of Macca. I just dont think you can risk a player who only turns up once every four matches. Gill isnt at all spectacular but he always does a steady job, that said I think he will go in the next couple of weeks. Macca will probably stay as he is a Lambert signing.