norfolkbroadslim

City 0 - 2 Watford

[quote user="norfolkbroadslim"]

, I so hope I am wrong.  What''s left, about 10 mins

[/quote]

Well you were but not in a good way :(

Come on City claw one back pleaasse

[quote user="norfolkbroadslim"]

I told my Dad earlier tonight that I thought it would be 2-1 to Watford.  Not that I was being negative or anything, I just had a feeling, I so hope I am wrong.  What''s left, about 10 mins

[/quote]

Well done you were wrong LOL.

Its only the first of 46 games, lets not get carried away with depression, and people booing is ridiculous. I will say Ruddy {That ''great'' save in the first half, well, ive seen snails move faster than that ball, christ he made a meal of it}looks suspect as does the Nelson/Ward partnership, but give them 15+ games at least for gods sake.

[quote user="Boogle"][quote user="norfolkbroadslim"]

I told my Dad earlier tonight that I thought it would be 2-1 to Watford.  Not that I was being negative or anything, I just had a feeling, I so hope I am wrong.  What''s left, about 10 mins

[/quote]

Its only the first of 46 games, lets not get carried away with depression, and people booing is ridiculous. I will say Ruddy {That ''great'' save in the first half, well, ive seen snails move faster than that ball, christ he made a meal of it}looks suspect as does the Nelson/Ward partnership, but give them 15+ games at least for gods sake.

[/quote]

You''re a dosey, hairy, bear, rofl

[quote user="norfolkbroadslim"][quote user="Boogle"][quote user="norfolkbroadslim"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Not the 1st person to say that lol.

[quote user="Boogle"][quote user="norfolkbroadslim"][quote user="Boogle"][quote user="norfolkbroadslim"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Not the 1st person to say that lol.

[/quote]

I love you

We''ve done well to score two goals at home, and ordinarily that ought to be enough to get at least a point (would''ve got 3 last season), but our defence is soooo fragile.  Let''s hope Lambert shores it up.

Another long season ahead of us... judging by tonights performance it won''t be a pleasant one [:(]

What a load of rubbish, if we can''t do better than that against Watford, what will happen when good teams come to Carrow Road?

Our midfield looked fine... Jackson cant hack it... I watch Gillingham a lot and he never looked happy. The issue was the defence... i feel that they rely on Fox to cover too much... the amount of times that Nelson was out of position was just SILLY

What did we learn?1. Nelson and Ward can''t play together.2. We need more width and more bite in midfield, we aren''t going to be able to pass it through teams like we did in League 1.3. A bit more luck. Two of the goals were deflected, Graham''s second was never going in till it hit Ward. The ref was a joke, should have had a penalty, and their third should never have stood for the foul on Fox.

[quote user="Willmeister"]What did we learn?

1. Nelson and Ward can''t play together.
2. We need more width and more bite in midfield, we aren''t going to be able to pass it through teams like we did in League 1.
3. A bit more luck. Two of the goals were deflected, Graham''s second was never going in till it hit Ward. The ref was a joke, should have had a penalty, and their third should never have stood for the foul on Fox.
[/quote]

And England would have won the World Cup but for the fact that they were rubbish

Nelson and Ward = Rubbish

Will we ever find a good centre back again! Ruddy looks so dodgy and nervous lets hope he can get it together or else give rudd the chance he deserves.

Always Sh*te when I get to see them play (live in Ireland)

[quote user="Raedwald"]What a load of rubbish, if we can''t do better than that against Watford, what will happen when good teams come to Carrow Road?[/quote]

i knew this would happen after 1 game. People with no posts moaning if we didn''t win. A new league, a new season, 6 new players, the pressure of being at home and on tv - let''s wait a few games before talking toss.

Long term i dont think this will hurt us, it keeps over confidence in check and makes the players realise the task in hand. We nearly always lose on the first day of the season and i think the team looked like a new team with players trying to learn each others games, often they were going for the same ball or didnt seem on the same wavelenght the the areas they were running into for passes, i''m confident that it will come together. The defence did worry me and we didnt seem to be picking up the second ball which might be that we''ve sacrificed the energy of Smith and Russell for the passing of Surman and Fox. No reason to panic yet though.

I agree re fox and surman, both good players but not together, needs one of them and one of Smith and Hughes to put the workrate in. I think that just shows there is a gap between championship and league 1, last year we would probably have won that second half against most league 1 teams, watford had nous when they needed it.

[quote user="Making Plans"]

[quote user="Willmeister"]What did we learn?

1. Nelson and Ward can''t play together.
2. We need more width and more bite in midfield, we aren''t going to be able to pass it through teams like we did in League 1.
3. A bit more luck. Two of the goals were deflected, Graham''s second was never going in till it hit Ward. The ref was a joke, should have had a penalty, and their third should never have stood for the foul on Fox.
[/quote]

And England would have won the World Cup but for the fact that they were rubbish

[/quote]

LOL.

Defence needs more pace, the championship has got quicker and quicker, and we will play quicker teams than Watford.

Warning, that not everything Lambert touches turns to gold, hes only human.