Sign in to follow this  
Excited Canary

What. The. Hell. Is. Happening?

The brilliant Crofts looks poor, Fox is no-where, Jackson shocking first touch, Ward slow, Nelson Slow, Wes ?, Surman not getting involved, Ruddy imo should have done better for 2nd...I could go on.Bring on Korey for Fox and Holt for Simeon.

FFS I had so much belief, sort it out Lambert [:@]

[quote user="Excited Canary"]The brilliant Crofts looks poor, Fox is no-where, Jackson shocking first touch, Ward slow, Nelson Slow, Wes ?, Surman not getting involved, Ruddy imo should have done better for 2nd...I could go on.Bring on Korey for Fox and Holt for Simeon.

FFS I had so much belief, sort it out Lambert [:@][/quote]Yup.There''s no getting away from it, Champs is a big step up. Much less forgiving of defensive cock-ups.

Very poor so far, but it''s still early days - just 45 mins into the season.

Some fundemental issues need addressing though - lack of pace at the back, for starters, and the lightweight midfield.

Wes in particular is having a shocker, but he''s not alone.

Welcome back to the Championship - not as easy as League One I fear

3 -1 now & were stuffed. Still, it''s a big improvement on 7-1

[quote user="Mister Chops"]I thought Crofts was genuinely good tonight whereas Hoolahan, Ward and Surman all failed to deliver big time.[/quote]Crofts was much better 2nd half.

+2

Well the issues of the first half where partly addressed as PL pulled crofts and Surman in a bit and we got more joy "winning" the second half 2-1.

Problem is we made graham look like Kaka since he trotted along and had time to make clean stikes of the ball not really sprinting (makes it harder to strike) or with a player putting him off.

Watford where not that good at all but their chances where clear and came from lack of pressure, I hate that slow motion feeling of goals where the opposition has too much time and space.

Fox looks like a tidy player but at this level if your anchoring the midfield you need to ber very dynamic or a superb reader of the game. From this performance he looked light-weight and needed someone with bite next to him.

At the other end of the midfield Hoolahan looked light and slow also he needs to be further up the midfield when he receives the ball if we are not going to dominate possession we either need to play him upfront or ...drop him for a more dynamic and strong player.

Having a weak top and bottom of the diamond meant a thankless task for the sides and I thought that Surman and Crofts though not wonderful looked a bit lost in space and will get murdered when we play a side which uses the width better.

Defence slow but with a new cb and a new goalkeeper you cannot expect the earth, Ruddy was a bit unlucky for the deflected shots but then again a super gk would maybe had had a hand on one and possibly stronger wrists to plam further the save which surved up the sitter for watford. I reserve judgement not wonderful but with no midfield it was going to be difficult.

Attack Martin looked strong and mobile as did Jackson but no service and being swamped with defenders means like the defence your on a hiding to nothing. I was happy Jackson got the assist as really we have too higher expectations for 600k, watford brought on the walsall lad who cost 500K so we are not the Man city of this league and potential needs support Jackson looks good and i expect 10-15 goals this season.

The most worry thing for me was the lack of changes it was like we waited for things to happen which i did not think was the case last season. We needed a plan B the formation we played was very attack minded and i think it was a little disrespectful of the opposition look at germany for example their formation is with one man up front with Surman, Hollahan and fox I would have been happier to have another grafter in there from the start.....and definitely now I have seen Fox in action.

We are not as good as we thought we where so time to refocus.