Sign in to follow this  
Paul Green

You can stick this league

Well after watching 13 games I have come to the conclusion that this league is a load of crap with only 2-3 teams with any chance of winning it and we are going the same way as the scottish league.
As far as I am concerned give me the fizzy league any day, A league where any team from the top half (with a little bit of luck)stands a good chance of gaining a little succsess.
What is the point chasing promotion? when you achive the golden goose you spend no or little money trying to stay in this crappy league?
I am sorry but today I witnessed such a One sided game with no work or commitment from a city side that I have followed for the last 30 years that I have finally said enough is enough.
You can hammer me as much as you like and call me a part time supporter but the real truth is I have only missed a handfull of games in the last 20 odd years.
I guess I am really mad after watching the events of today but I really think what is the point of going each week scraping around for the odd points and classing success by just staying in a league were all it is about is money,money money.
Well stick it up your ar*e.

This is probably the best league in the world.  Maybe there are only 2-3 teams with a realistic chance of winning the league, but thats no different to anyother sport in any other country, and they are not the clibs that were dominating the old Division 1 fifiteen or twenty years ago.

If you are an Everton, Villa, Bolton or Charlton with a realistic chance of seeing your club playing in Europe is what makes playing in this league special.

After 13 games the only c**p I''ve seen in this league come running out at 3:00pm wearing yellow and and green.  City have got a gutless board which lacks the ambition or desire to keep the club in the Premier League, and a Manager who thinks a bunch of c***p Divison One players are good enough to play in the Premier League.

I seriously doubt Norwich will win league game all season, so get your map book out, you''re off to Plymouth next year!

I totally agree with you Paul Green. It took me less than 10 games before I started to feel nostalgic for Division 1. And not just because we''ve been a decent Div 1 team for 3 years (we''ve been a pretty poor team down there too) But I miss the competitivness of every game.

If we''d got off to a flyer and were in the top half I might not be saying this, but I can''t help but feel that the Premiership is not all it''s cracked up to be.

Paul, you are going to get a lot of responses to this telling you to stop being so negative and be a proper supporter. Well not from me. Whilst I do think that we should be a premier outfit, what has happened over the most recent matches has left me feeling the despair that you clearly are.

I guess I should have recognised the signs in the summer when I was forced to enter the names of our four signings into Google to see who they actually are. I''m not an anorak so I didn''t have much info on our Scandinavian chums, nor Doherty or even for that matter Charlton. With due exception to Simon, the other three have been nothing short of disastrous.

So we try and stay in the Premiership with the same players that got us up. Impossible.

Then there is a belligerent refusal to change the team. I didn''t make the trip to Charlton. Like you I simply couldn''t be arsed, but it sounds as if I came to conclusion one match before you. As the team was text to me I was baffled to see Mr Jonsson had kept his place.

Before anyone starts on me let me add some facts.

I am and have been for many years a season ticket holder.

I paid for two tickets to Charlton yesterday. I am an away season ticket holder.

I''m on the waiting list for two more season tickets in the ridiculously unfinished corner infill (if you had got this finished Mr Doomcaster we may have completed the signing of Mr Scowcroft- someone I have heard of- in the summer after we agreed the fee with Leicester AND personal terms with James . OH YES WE DID. And then pulled out.)

We are going down. And the shitty binners are coming up.

I''m fed up too Paul. And to anyone who tells us we are whinging tossers I say this. I have spent the best part of Â£1,500 this year already following City. So I can say exactly what I like. 

I couldn''t agree more, what gets me are all these ''Where would you rather be playing Old Trafford or Crewe'' scenarios. Well actually Crewe. We are a national embarrassment we can''t defend (Countless crosses come in from the left) ''best left back outside the premiership'' send him back there because he''s been woeful both defensively and as a captain in this league.

Flem and Charlie are not working and Flem must be dropped if we are to have any hope. We cannot create, tackle or pass in midfield and in Mckenzie have a CF way out of his depth.

We have a board who expected to be relegated even before a ball was kicked, and a manager who is about as tactically aware as a house brick. A man who thinks he''s bigger than the club itself and freezes players out beyond hope.

I have given up my season ticket as I cannot bare to see us go down with such a whimper. THIS IS NOT GOOD. 

Was it really that bad ?  The defending they showed on match of day looked terrible

I am glad I have cancelled my chelsea away ticket

It''s easy to see why you feel like you do, PG

However, the whole point of the "Championship" is to get promoted to the Premiership - unfortunately, right now, we are not good enough to compete. Right from the outset I think it was generally accepted that we would have to do a Charlton, or a Bolton, and accept that we would probably go straight down and hope that the extra money that we had made would enable us to build a squad that would take us up again and allow us to consolidate.

It doesn''t make results like the last couple of weeks any easier to bear though

must agree with paul green not really enjoying this season and before anyone says fickle supporter i have followed city for 34 years and seen many downers before. its not such a good day out anymore, pubs full of cocky glorry hunters, whingers at the ground, police treating every game as if millwall are in town, trains overcrowded. see you all in the championship

At last Im not a lone voice anymore !

I really haven''t enjoyed this season at all, being competitive in any league is all we can ever hope for. After all this is what sets us aside from the glory hunters. Those who support teams in the lower leagues with little or no chance of ever being in the premiership all success is relative.

I have enjoyed the div 1 years and I don''t really see whats so good about the prem. Of course I would have liked to see us succeed and compete in this league but our gutless attempt to put together a premiership team really has left a sour taste in my mouth.

Perhaps the board should have reduced season ticket prices rather than increasing them this season to reflect value for money. I would dearly like to know where the money has gone. If it has gone to wipe out the debt and we can afford to go back down without fear of insolvency ok but that can be the only reason to have to put up with this.

Roll on Crewe !

I''m sorry but i just can''t believe what i am reading. How can anyone say that they would prefer to be in Div one, that is truly unbelievable. If that is the case then we really are living up to conservative Norfolk tag.

Yes Division one might be where we are heading, but i know i would love to stay in the prem.

Question

How do players improve?

Answer

By playing against the best.

This club will only improve by staying in this Division, or doing what Bolton and Charlton have done in previous years.

I''m sorry but i am a season ticket holder, and i have enjoyed most of what i have seen. Yes i was terribly disappointed at the Blackburn game, but even Jo average must see already improvements in most of the players.

I watched alot of rubbish in Div one, some truly awful games, Theirry Henry at Carrow Road or Brian Deane,

please come on people you need to become alot more positive.

I am going to explain this post to some of my friends and i know they would be fuming at this. This post and the worthy out rants, what is going on.

If we had a team to compete and actually win some games(not just one) this league would be far more enjoyable than the chumpionship. If we go down with barely a whimper many fans will become disillusioned with the clubs policies and season tickets will certainly not be in such demand. Imo the club have underestimated how difficult it is to get results in the prem and the transfer window will be to late to rectify the situation. Even in the unlikely event they make some real money avaliable who in their right mind will come to a club destined for the drop other than some has been like Dion Dublin who I saw driving his jaguar in Thorpe a couple of weeks ago, sadly there may be some truth in the rumours that he is arriving in January. To much prudence and not enough ambition has been shown and the board had us relegated before we even kicked a ball.

I''m not going to join the love in of doom on the thread, but I am still enjoying the experience of being back in this league. OK so we cannot compete for the title, but we could  have expected to be competing for positions and to be building on the achievements of the past few years. However even this is fast slipping away as a realistic target.

What does frustrate me is not that we are bottom as this is probably not a surprise. What I am getting annoyed about is the lack of the win and the increasing inability to compete properly. Its actually now quite embarrassing- you can sense the footballing media ready to pounce if we break the record lack of victories of Swindon Town.  Palace who were everybody''s favourites are genuinely giving the likes of Liverpool and Arsenal a close game. Yet there are not many in their side who I would slot in to City''s side.

Promotion was the dream we had been waiting for, its not too late but even though I do expect us to do down unless something radical happens, at least lets go down with our heads held high.

Top comedy value:

"After 13 games the only c**p I''ve seen in this league come running out at 3:00pm wearing yellow and and green. City have got a gutless board which lacks the ambition or desire to keep the club in the Premier League, and a Manager who thinks a bunch of c***p Divison One players are good enough to play in the Premier League."

"City have got a gutless board " - OK, so you''ve got ''guts'', what would you do? What does ambition look like to you?

"a Manager who thinks a bunch of c***p Divison One players are good enough to play in the Premier League" - no, the fact that we won Div One last year at a canter meant the players were good enough to play in the Premier league. Whether they are good enough to stay there is another matter though. When did Worthy say that the players we had/have were good enough to compete with the best? I must have missed that.

I don''t mind people having a go, but they must come up with serious suggestions. Saying we must sign a 20-goal a season Prem striker is fine... just name one that we can get for £1m and I''m sure Nige will go and have a look. Go on, just name one.

I have to say this is a bloody depressing thread, to say the least.

Not that the Canaries have been providing any thing to be happy about.

Is the City squad any worse than the squad from Crystal Palace? Is it any more of a Premiership squad?

Look at the number of internationals that City now have in their squad - sure some of them are part of the lesser home national sides, but their supposedly internationals nonetheless. Green, Helveg, Jonson, Mulryne, McVeigh, Holt, Doherty, Brennan. Fascinatingly only three of those listed are playing.

If the City and Palace are equal in terms of talent to hand what is the difference between the two?

To coincide with their run of form Palace have tightened up across the park, being a bloody sight more organised than City have looked of late. To me that organisation comes from two places: the manager and a repeated drilling of the players to make sure they know what their tasks are; and an on the field leader who can take the manager''s organisational thoughts on to the park and make sure they happen. At the moment City don''t appear to have either.

Saturdays result is going to have given the squad a real blow to their confidence and Worthy needs to be brave enough to make some changes before the home game on Saturday. I don''t think he needs to make sweeping changes but he needs to change enough to give the team a shake-up.

Oh dear.

Just because we''re not winning anymore the Premiership is rubbish?!!

Seriously mate, that''s the most childish response I''ve ever heard, I can totally understand your disappointment but don''t use such a silly argument to show it.

We have been rubbish most of this season and quite frankly I''m embarrassed about our form. But the premiership has some of the best players of all time currently at the top of their game and I like to watch them. Just to have seen Henry visit Carrow Road was worth getting promoted alone.

If you are feeling let down don''t blame the board, or the manager, or the players. Just be positive and get behind the team. Becoming negative is contagious and can only affect the players negatively, what good does this do? Positve thought is also contagious and is what I believe motivated the players to get us promoted.

I agree with you Morph, but to say Mulryne, McVeigh, Holt, Doherty, Brennan are all "Internationals" makes it sound a lot more glamourous than it is.In that list is one Scot, one Irish reserve, one Canadian reserve, one Northern Irishman who hasn''t been picked for a year and another Northern Irishman who has retired because he can''t get a game!I think that is more significant than just saying they are internationals.

Come on on people.  Lets have a bit of b****y ambition here.  Yes we could stay in the 1st Div for the next X number of years and comfortably win a fair few games.  Or we could test ourselves against superb oppo and improve as a club. 

If we want this club to be the next Charlton we have to take the rough with the smooth.  At the moment it''s tough and yes, a bit demoralising.  But this season is a learning curve for players, management and us fans.  Lets enjoy it and build on it

Well as I said earlier I agree with the sentiment of this post. I am not having fun and I rarely go to a football match to watch the opposition play. One of my major disappointments is the fact that with the possible exception of Arsenal and Liverpool all the other teams have looked very average and yet we still cannot compete.

Of course I would like us to be in the premiership but not like this. We don''t look like winning a game midfield is a major problem , we cannot hold the ball up consistently putting the defence under too much pressure although someone surely has to take responsibility for the number of goals we are leaking. Upfront we don''t have anyone who can hit a cows a**e with a Banjo. (although I do love that phrase !!)

Things could be worse (although im not sure exactly how)

I have to agree that we want and need to be in the premier league - the quality of our support demands we are heard in the best grounds, not the second best ones. I want to see Henry, Rooney, Robben, not Blake, Ellington and Bent thanks very much.

Just cos the going has got tough do we really quit that easily? If it means a relegations season to bounce back stronger then I will endure that pain, but with some small changes I am sure this squad can battle for survival and avoid relegtion - but we will undoubtedly have far darker days than the one on saturday along the way.

Sing loud and sing proud.

OTBC