Sign in to follow this  
First Wazzock

Do we sack Lambert and get Malky?

Norwich don''t do first games of the season, we don''t do live on Sky either. So the misplaced optimism was there for the world and his wife to see.

It was a very poor performance, against a team most people are predicting will struggle (and i think they are right).

Perhaps this is a knee jerk reaction, but my disappointment reading is nearly off the scale tonight

Perhaps teams are now counteracting our diamond and Shyster is right, it is cracked, we seem to lack a plan B.

The goalkeeping left a lot to be desired, as did a lot of the other play. We were guilty of Hoofing the ball downfield on several occaisions to the very lightweight Jackson. When we did get to the edge of their penalty area we saw flicks, farts and fannies - which are OK when you are 3-0 up but not when you are chasing the game. We were playing terribly narrow tonight, which meant that when Drury and Martin had the ball there was often no-one in front of them leading to the aforementioned hoofing.

I know it''s the first game, but if that is an indication of what we have to come...

But perhaps as I said it''s just a knee jerk reaction.

The diamond was ok in league 1 because you could kind of afford to leave your full backs exposed. I think the Championship will be a different kettle of fish and R.Martin in particular will need a second outlet rather than keep going inside each time. I don''t want to say scrap the diamond but I definitely think we need to be a little more defensively organised and if it means going 4-4-2 so be it.

fox will get outmuscled for fun as the back of a diamond. he can get the ball and pass it, but you have as much chance of him breaking up an attack as seeing delia going teetotal.

[quote user="eddy melito"]fox will get outmuscled for fun as the back of a diamond. he can get the ball and pass it, but you have as much chance of him breaking up an attack as seeing delia going teetotal.[/quote]

Agreed; he can pick out a pass going forward but is seriously lightweight in defending. We will miss Darel Russell defensively.