Sign in to follow this  
Weve (no longer) Got Angus

Tonights Game...

I''m not going to be a huge whiner as i thought first half we were much the better side, although as Watford proved that was nothing to do with it, it''s all about taking your chances!

One thing i didnt agree with though was the long ball tactic being used well over half the time, I just wanted to see the likes of fox ( who had a very quiet game ) come and offer the defence a way out as he''s meant to be a ball playing midfielder, and interlink the play all the way through the team like wesley hulahoop seems to!

Surman showed glimpses tonight of what a player i think he will be, and by the looks of it he''s pretty good over free kicks!

Am looking forward to seeing the possibility of Holt and Jackson up top together, see how the Powerful target man figure and the nippy striker partnership goes...

Don''t know if anyone would agree or disagree with anything i''ve said?!

[quote user="I am a Banana"]we were better in the 1st half?! did you go to the game...we created 1 chance, and that was a free kick.[/quote]Its all about opinions...I agree with your point about the long-ball, it was painful to watch long-balls being sent towards Jackson. I personally wasnt convinced by Surman, didnt seem to put his foot in, Watford did a good job of closing us down so I dont he had much chance to show his attacking qualities.For now Id have Holt and Martin as they should be used to each other by now, and let Jackson earn his place in the team.

I just thought little bits surman did, like the odd pass and the free kick, showed he could be a better player once properly settled.

I agree with the Holt martin partnership, as they know eachothers game inside out as well, which i think at championship level is needed!