Sign in to follow this  
Renegade Snare

You know you're on the Pinkun forum when...

People have almost written us off already.

We scored two goals, two of their goals were deflected.

If you realllllly want to, you could argue their third goal should have been a free kick.

We had periods of play where we looked promising, however we need to stop passing the ball... to no one.

It''s bound to take us a few games to get going and feel the pace, you saw this by how sharp Watford were on the ball at times, however like I said, there were moments we were too.

Hoops looked a lot more comfortable in the second half, I thought Martin was generally ok. Defence, made some cock ups, not quite sure there but come on, it''s the opening game.

7-1?

Well, that''s your view.Mine was that Watford were better than us tonight and deserved to win.  Our defence looks slow and leaden-footed.  We play with such little width that many times teams on the break can have an overlap whenever they like.  Our goalkeeper barely looks competent and our centre backs played like two strangers in a dark room.

Watford were better than us yes and if anyone deserved the win it was them. However, a draw wouldn''t have been tooooooo unfair on either side.

And yes, we were caught several times at the back.

There were positives.

Thought that occurred to me after the 2nd goal went in: this looks just like last time in the Championship - give the opposition a 2 goal start & then start playing! It''s a habit we''ve got to break, pronto!

Watford looked as if they would score everytime they came forward , when you think we were at home and Watford are thought to be one of the favourites for relegation we are going to have to improve leaps and bounds. If theres no improvement in those players playing tonight then god help us .

Ron, you are right. It''s a habit we had often last season too. How many times have we come back or have to come back from behind.

Premiership season 04/05 - we had a temporary period known as'' "the come back kings" and that was then.

[quote user="Mister Chops"]Well, that''s your view.

Mine was that Watford were better than us tonight and deserved to win.  Our defence looks slow and leaden-footed.  We play with such little width that many times teams on the break can have an overlap whenever they like.  Our goalkeeper barely looks competent and our centre backs played like two strangers in a dark room.
[/quote]

Oh good someone watched the same game as me.

RB highly suspect, I finally agree with that!

Perhaps we can get feet back on the ground and enjoy the games when we do win and NOT expect to walk the league.

Don''t worry Nevermind, we''ve got Zac Whitbread! Errr, hang on a minute, who is Zac Whitbread....errr, nevermind!

i hope all this hype about whitbread being good is true coz when i''ve seen he has not been very impressive, tho not fully fit