Sign in to follow this  
Clint

Why Did The Happy Clappers Clap Us Off???

Sorry but we were s**t and didn''t deserve to leave the pitch to a standing ovation.

I would never boo, just leave quietly and humbly like anyone else with self-respect would do.

As for the ''it takes time to gel'' crew, isn''t that why Lambert got them all in early?!?!

Unacceptable on so many levels, especially as it now costs me £3.50 for a bottled beer (nice rounding and not even a pint cos they ran out) and I still queued up for equally as long, funny that!

I sincerely hope this is one off, just like the same time last season.

Cant help but feel that your more upset about your beer, simple answer would be not to buy it i guess !

as for the clapping, yes we were poor, but lets remember that we had 6 players making their debut for us tonight and it does take time, i have no doubt that we will improve sooner rather than later so lets get behind them, and if that means clapping them off then so be it !  

Its called supporting your team come what may. Cant really see why you are taking the p*** at your own supporters. Based on the gate we managed to sell about 2000 - 2500 casual seats tonight which means in the main you are having a go at people that will be here every week and if they had not bought a season ticket this club would have been in the s***. What do you think people should have done walked away and destroyed the confidence rather than showing support ?  

Cheers Newboy but I got behind them all game.

If you clap something it means you''ve enjoyed it or the people you''re clapping have done something worthy of your appluase.

To my mind, it was neither tonight.

As for the beer, well I suppose thats a different topic!

[quote user="Clint"]Sorry but we were s**t and didn''t deserve to leave the pitch to a standing ovation. I would never boo, just leave quietly and humbly like anyone else with self-respect would do. As for the ''it takes time to gel'' crew, isn''t that why Lambert got them all in early?!?! Unacceptable on so many levels, especially as it now costs me £3.50 for a bottled beer (nice rounding and not even a pint cos they ran out) and I still queued up for equally as long, funny that! I sincerely hope this is one off, just like the same time last season.[/quote]DONT GO THEN!!!! SIMPLES...tuts and looks to the heavens

It''s called being a ''supporter''.

The players under performed but you can''t say that they lacked effort.

Supporters need to keep the team''s morale as high as possible and cheer them through the challenging times as well as the celebratory times.

Save your stony silence for the rare gutless performances.

[quote user="Lambert is King"]What do you think people should have done walked away and destroyed the confidence rather than showing support ?  [/quote]

Read the original post and there you shall find your answer.

[quote user="I am a Banana"]I thnk people were clapping to respect malky!![/quote]

That got quite tiresome. OK, respect to the guy for his time here but we have played his teams a few times in the 5 years since he left. He was the opposition manager in his technical area doing his damnest to beat us and fans kept paying homage to him during the game. By all means welcome him back before and after the game. But he got more support than Lambert when he was in direct opposition!

[quote user="Clint"]Sorry but we were s**t and didn''t deserve to leave the pitch to a standing ovation. I would never boo, just leave quietly and humbly like anyone else with self-respect would do. As for the ''it takes time to gel'' crew, isn''t that why Lambert got them all in early?!?! Unacceptable on so many levels, especially as it now costs me £3.50 for a bottled beer (nice rounding and not even a pint cos they ran out) and I still queued up for equally as long, funny that! I sincerely hope this is one off, just like the same time last season.[/quote]

We were not sh** at all,three mistakes cost us,FFS playing in a league game is totally different from training and we will need time to gel!!! We have some real quality players in our squad and without doubt we will push for a top ten finish.

I didn''t boo and I didn''t clap.....I just went for some ale, and then I came home.

I''m still trying to recall how many saves Watford''s  keeper had to make....?

I get round it by booing at half time then clapping vigorously at full timeMost of the vigor is on behalf of the two people near me who leave early and always ask if I could clap for them as well.One game a few years back the wife didn''t turn up for a game so I had to help out by asking him questions like " which of the ''blacks'' is that one ?, are we still winning ? " and even having to shout out '' sort it out Roeder '' every time the ball went out for a throw.I barely get time to go for a beer some games, so I just bring my own from Morrisons in a metal flask nowadays

[quote user="PhatCanary"]

[quote user="Clint"]Sorry but we were s**t and didn''t deserve to leave the pitch to a standing ovation. I would never boo, just leave quietly and humbly like anyone else with self-respect would do. As for the ''it takes time to gel'' crew, isn''t that why Lambert got them all in early?!?! Unacceptable on so many levels, especially as it now costs me £3.50 for a bottled beer (nice rounding and not even a pint cos they ran out) and I still queued up for equally as long, funny that! I sincerely hope this is one off, just like the same time last season.[/quote]

We were not sh** at all,three mistakes cost us,FFS playing in a league game is totally different from training and we will need time to gel!!! We have some real quality players in our squad and without doubt we will push for a top ten finish.

[/quote]

Not without a serious injection of pace we won''t.

[quote user="Shyster"][quote user="PhatCanary"]

[/quote]

Not without a serious injection of pace we won''t.
[/quote]

We have pace with Oli and Wes,and Crofts doesn''t look to slow to me,which speed demon would you like to see us sign then Shyster?