Sign in to follow this  
Duncan

Keep Onside

Two messages here. Firstly to the fans. Stay onside. The club are having a tough time, not helped by the difficult fixture start, and we need to be there in the hour of need fully behind the manager and players.  Great support at Charlton and lets keep that going because it will help so much. 

Secondly to the forwards, please look along the line and keep onside since we need to have as many chances as possible and not waste our opportunities by straying into an offside position.

Keep onside, all is not yet lost!

Good post - it is essential that the players get a wall of sound come saturday - whoever starts - that lifts them and intimidates soton.Secondly while worthy is coaching the defence another coach needs to show Leon and Hux what the offside rule is again as they appear to be having a ''blonde'' season with the number of times they have been caught.OTBC

Did anyone notice on the MOTD highlights that for the second offside goal at Charlton, Huckerby was indeed standing offside but it was McKenzie, who was onside, that stuck the ball in? Clutching at straws I know, but thought I''d mention it anyway.

It was but a striker standing in the six yard box is hardly not interferring with play and he made himself active by going for the ball unfortunately.OTBC

An excellent point Dunc.  The players need to look across the line more.  Players like Hucks and Leon have the pace to beat defenders and don''t need to stray offside.  I don''t know if we don''t practise this enough in training but we are guilty of it game after game

Doesn''t matter though does it. Hucks was not interfering with play or in anyones line of site (except IMO that of our own players) therefore, under the rules of offside, he technically wasn''t

Under the new rules Hux movement towards the ball means he was an ''active'' player so offside.

ZLF, I often love your posts but could you please not use the reference to people having ''blonde moments''?  I would feel just the same if I had ginger hair and you alluded to that colour instead, for example.  I may be lots of things, and not all of them pleasant to all people, but I''m far from dizzy or stupid despite having that cursed blonde hair I was born with!!!  Agree with the comments about staying onside though, and I''ll bet we head the Prem table for the most offsides so far this season!