Sign in to follow this  
PhatCanary

Its the end of the World

My God,some fans are already wanting to hang the players and PL after 1 game,we lost tonight because the two central defenders played poorly,we let Watford in three times and they scored three times,also i think Ruddy could have done better for their second goal,there are positives to take from the game,Surman and Crofts both look like good buys and Jackson will do well if the ball is played into his feet and not his head,also at times Wes looked back to his best and drifted past players without to much effort,we will win more games than we lose this season but we look like we need some time to gel,i still think we will be in the top 10 come the end of next April.

Just also had to add a well done to the guy behind me who kept moaning that PL hadn''t got Mac and me on early enough,and also questioned not playing Russell from the start,he also had a good boo at the end of the first half,honestly some folk are unreal!!!

I usually have a good old boo at half timemind you it was more a case of boo hoo hoo this time last yearstill, as you say onwards and upwards

[quote user="Freebie City F.C."]Gel , theres a nice handy excuse , i am sure Nelson and Ward will be an exceptional centre back pairing once they have gelled .[/quote]

I wouldn''t hold your breath or bet on that prediction!

Nelson while I love the work ethic looks like the Championships a step too far and Ward was all over the place!

[quote user="Freebie City F.C."]Gel , theres a nice handy excuse , i am sure Nelson and Ward will be an exceptional centre back pairing once they have gelled .[/quote]

I don''t believe Nelson will be in the side when Askou and Whitbread are fit,Ward looked nervous but he is only human after all,the rest of the team do need to Gel when it comes to playing in competative matches,Wes played 2 or 3 good through balls for Jackson but he wasn''t ready beacuse he''s not used to Wes and the way he plays,all players need time to work out how their team mates play,even Norwich players.

[quote user="PhatCanary"]

My God,some fans are already wanting to hang the players and PL after 1 game,we lost tonight because the two central defenders played poorly,we let Watford in three times and they scored three times,also i think Ruddy could have done better for their second goal,there are positives to take from the game,Surman and Crofts both look like good buys and Jackson will do well if the ball is played into his feet and not his head,also at times Wes looked back to his best and drifted past players without to much effort,we will win more games than we lose this season but we look like we need some time to gel,i still think we will be in the top 10 come the end of next April.

Just also had to add a well done to the guy behind me who kept moaning that PL hadn''t got Mac and me on early enough,and also questioned not playing Russell from the start,he also had a good boo at the end of the first half,honestly some folk are unreal!!!

[/quote]lol its funny isnt it  PC... some people...only 45 games left to save ourselves from league 1

[quote user="city-till-i-die"][quote user="PhatCanary"]

[/quote]lol its funny isnt it  PC... some people...only 45 games left to save ourselves from league 1[/quote]

I can''t get over how stupid some fans are CTID,as we walked out one bloke was loudly slagging of PL, and comparing us to brown human waste, he went on to tell all around him how we have all been let down again![:|]

[quote user="PhatCanary"][quote user="city-till-i-die"][quote user="PhatCanary"]

[/quote]lol its funny isnt it  PC... some people...only 45 games left to save ourselves from league 1[/quote]

I can''t get over how stupid some fans are CTID,as we walked out one bloke was loudly slagging of PL, and comparing us to brown human waste, he went on to tell all around him how we have all been let down again![:|]

[/quote]I bet this fellas football knowledge is awesome[:|] lol      i bet he was one of the morons on Canary Call lol

Yes it wasnt our best performance but its the 1st game and 6 new players played tonight.... do people think it will all click in one go...jeezz lol

It goes with the territory sadly. By the same token, we could beat Gillingham and Scunthorpe and those same people will be calling him God again, only for us to to lose another game shortly after and he''ll be condemned to the depths of hell. The thing with tonight, is that it was the first game of the season and as usual I think we all got a little overexcited and hyped up about it. I honestly don''t think even a 1-0 win would''ve been good enough for some people tonight, there would still be people saying we should''ve battered Watford and put five past them. But in reality, I think Lambert is one of the brightest, strongest young managers in the game. His presence alone is a massive factor and it showed again tonight as we came out much stronger in the 2nd half. I''ve still got every faith in him, and I will maintain this stance even if we lose to Gillingham and Scunthorpe, and even if we don''t pick up a single point in August. I honestly think he''s that good. We weren''t shocking tonight by any means, we can obviously do better but by no means did we disgrace ourselves.

[quote user="Superflash"]It goes with the territory sadly. By the same token, we could beat Gillingham and Scunthorpe and those same people will be calling him God again, only for us to to lose another game shortly after and he''ll be condemned to the depths of hell. The thing with tonight, is that it was the first game of the season and as usual I think we all got a little overexcited and hyped up about it. I honestly don''t think even a 1-0 win would''ve been good enough for some people tonight, there would still be people saying we should''ve battered Watford and put five past them.

But in reality, I think Lambert is one of the brightest, strongest young managers in the game. His presence alone is a massive factor and it showed again tonight as we came out much stronger in the 2nd half. I''ve still got every faith in him, and I will maintain this stance even if we lose to Gillingham and Scunthorpe, and even if we don''t pick up a single point in August. I honestly think he''s that good. We weren''t shocking tonight by any means, we can obviously do better but by no means did we disgrace ourselves.
[/quote]Great post[Y] agree with everything you have said 100%          

The mentality of these sort of supporters will always be there sadly

[quote user="city-till-i-die"]

[quote user="Superflash"]It goes with the territory sadly. By the same token, we could beat Gillingham and Scunthorpe and those same people will be calling him God again, only for us to to lose another game shortly after and he''ll be condemned to the depths of hell. The thing with tonight, is that it was the first game of the season and as usual I think we all got a little overexcited and hyped up about it. I honestly don''t think even a 1-0 win would''ve been good enough for some people tonight, there would still be people saying we should''ve battered Watford and put five past them.

But in reality, I think Lambert is one of the brightest, strongest young managers in the game. His presence alone is a massive factor and it showed again tonight as we came out much stronger in the 2nd half. I''ve still got every faith in him, and I will maintain this stance even if we lose to Gillingham and Scunthorpe, and even if we don''t pick up a single point in August. I honestly think he''s that good. We weren''t shocking tonight by any means, we can obviously do better but by no means did we disgrace ourselves.

[/quote]

I agree 100% with your 100% aggreement. Good post superflash.

[quote user="PhatCanary"][quote user="city-till-i-die"]

[quote user="Superflash"]It goes with the territory sadly. By the same token, we could beat Gillingham and Scunthorpe and those same people will be calling him God again, only for us to to lose another game shortly after and he''ll be condemned to the depths of hell. The thing with tonight, is that it was the first game of the season and as usual I think we all got a little overexcited and hyped up about it. I honestly don''t think even a 1-0 win would''ve been good enough for some people tonight, there would still be people saying we should''ve battered Watford and put five past them. But in reality, I think Lambert is one of the brightest, strongest young managers in the game. His presence alone is a massive factor and it showed again tonight as we came out much stronger in the 2nd half. I''ve still got every faith in him, and I will maintain this stance even if we lose to Gillingham and Scunthorpe, and even if we don''t pick up a single point in August. I honestly think he''s that good. We weren''t shocking tonight by any means, we can obviously do better but by no means did we disgrace ourselves. [/quote]Great post[Y] agree with everything you have said 100%          

[/quote]

[/quote]

And I 100% agree with your 100% agreements of me. Cheers [B]

Feel free to hold me to my comment about Lambert if we don''t actually pick up a point in August too. As I said in another thread, what tonight basically did was reinforce the point that no team in this division will either be a walkover or can be ruled out of a play-off push. I keep using Scunthorpe and Portsmouth as examples of this, because like Blackpool last year everyone and their gran tipped them for the bottom three of the Championship. Actually, not the bottom three, but the bottom of the bottom three. Now, they''re going to Old Trafford and Stamford Bridge, despite having the most threadbare of squads and a transfer budget you couldn''t even consider to be shoe-string. I still think those two will struggle, but won''t completely rule anything out until around Christmas time when the picture starts to clear up a little. But even then teams can spark a late push and surprise people. 

We''ve got 45 games to go and I''d still be really, really surprised if come the end of the season, the Lambert naysayers were still getting on his case. Either that, or we''ll win the next 45 games, set an all-time record of points gained, sign Messi, Ronaldo and bring Darren Huckerby and Iwan Roberts out of retirement, lose a highly competitive game to Man United or Chelsea by a goal to nil in our first game back in the Premiership, and they''ll still be grumbling because Lambert didn''t sign Steven Gerrard as well.

[quote user="Superflash"][quote user="PhatCanary"][quote user="city-till-i-die"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

And I 100% agree with your 100% agreements of me. Cheers [B]

Feel free to hold me to my comment about Lambert if we don''t actually pick up a point in August too. As I said in another thread, what tonight basically did was reinforce the point that no team in this division will either be a walkover or can be ruled out of a play-off push. I keep using Scunthorpe and Portsmouth as examples of this, because like Blackpool last year everyone and their gran tipped them for the bottom three of the Championship. Actually, not the bottom three, but the bottom of the bottom three. Now, they''re going to Old Trafford and Stamford Bridge, despite having the most threadbare of squads and a transfer budget you couldn''t even consider to be shoe-string. I still think those two will struggle, but won''t completely rule anything out until around Christmas time when the picture starts to clear up a little. But even then teams can spark a late push and surprise people. 

We''ve got 45 games to go and I''d still be really, really surprised if come the end of the season, the Lambert naysayers were still getting on his case.
Either that, or we''ll win the next 45 games, set an all-time record of points gained, sign Messi, Ronaldo and bring Darren Huckerby and Iwan Roberts out of retirement, lose a highly competitive game to Man United or Chelsea by a goal to nil in our first game back in the Premiership, and they''ll still be grumbling because Lambert didn''t sign Steven Gerrard as well.

[/quote]lmfao[Y]