Sign in to follow this  
Making Plans

Expectations set too high

Too many people not living in the real World, still wallowing in th hype from last season & forgetting about the season before last.

Belief in the bookies odds and believing that promotion is going to be a mere formality.

Failure to realize that this is the The Championship & even the poorer teams, like Watford, do not lay down & roll over as easily as they do in League 1.

Conveniently overlooking that Watford are managed by Malky who surely, after being ignored by City on several occassions, had something to prove.

Blind faith that Lambert''s can do no wrong in the transfer market.

Over confident that tonights match against one of last years whipping boys was going to be a doddle.

I don''t think that expecting to beat Watford at home is setting expectations too high, I think it''s a reasonable expectation that we would beat a team with a small squad without any obvious star players.  You know it''s been a poor performance when John Eustace is made to look like Ronaldo.

Some were still sayiing top 6 on the phone in , what planet are they on , be lucky if we finish out of the bottom 6 on that performance. Far to many people thought the Championship wasnt going to be any harder than League1 , well you can all wake up now.

[quote user="Wxyz"]Some were still sayiing top 6 on the phone in , what planet are they on , be lucky if we finish out of the bottom 6 on that performance. Far to many people thought the Championship wasnt going to be any harder than League1 , well you can all wake up now.
[/quote]

you can''t predict  the season on one game

[quote user="nevermind"]our expectations aren''''t too high because watford are tipped to go down and we are not[/quote]Im not sure the OP was referring to just this game?I had us down as winning this game, but I dont have us finishing in the top half. I think some people are getting carried away with Blackpool, thinking we can repeat it, when theres 23 other teams in the division saying the exact same thing. Top half would be a fantastic result, and as disappointing as this defeat is, we are searching for our best formation and best starting lineup. It wont happen right away in my view.

Expectations may well be too high, but we should have been better than that and that is what is bitterly disappointing.

On the plus side, our defence was woeful when lambert arrived and he sorted it out, I''m sure he can do it again.

[quote user="nevermind"]

[quote user="Wxyz"]Some were still sayiing top 6 on the phone in , what planet are they on , be lucky if we finish out of the bottom 6 on that performance. Far to many people thought the Championship wasnt going to be any harder than League1 , well you can all wake up now.[/quote]

you can''t predict  the season on one game

[/quote] You dont need a crystal ball after watching that to know Norwich are going to struggle big time .

[quote user="nevermind"]our expectations aren''''t too high because watford are tipped to go down and we are not[/quote]

maybe we should after tonights game...Watford are going to win the league now [y]

Expectations too high? Certainly not. For God''s sake, this is ONE GAME. Expecting to win a home game is really not setting expectations too high. Neither is a top six finish.

One game of many. Watford simply did their homework and marked Hoolahan out of the game.

Expecting a whole new team to play pass and move slickly and pass every team off the pitch is expectations too high.

It will take time for the whole team to gel. We have time. We have an astute manager and plenty of experienced players.

However if you are talking about expectations of fickle panicking fans bleating about how awful we are after one showing, then sadly, that is exactly what I have come to expect from many fans. Hysteria and booing players after one game. Take a look at yourselves and remember what being a supporter is all about.