Sign in to follow this  
Yorkshire  Canary

Too Early to Panic

Here we go again one bad result and some poor individual performances and we are all doom and gloom.

Only the deluded though this season was going to be any more than consolidation, half way at the end of the season will be fine

This team needs to bed down and get used to each other. Holt did not start because he was not fit, normally he will. The midfield by and large looked pretty good, particularly Crofts

The defence was poor. Ward is clearly not match fit and is rusty but he has played well at Championship level for several seasons so reasons to be optimistic. Drury we know is good, jury out on Nelson at this level. Ruddy looked nervous but who could blame him with the back 4 last night. He is no Forster but we could not afford him. I also remember Brian Gunns early games years ago they were awful and he went on to be a legend.Its up to Ruddy over the next dozen games to settle in and win over the crowd. Too early to panic though

[quote user="Yorkshire Canary"]Here we go again one bad result and some poor individual performances and we are all doom and gloom.

Only the deluded though this season was going to be any more than consolidation, half way at the end of the season will be fine

This team needs to bed down and get used to each other. Holt did not start because he was not fit, normally he will. The midfield by and large looked pretty good, particularly Crofts

The defence was poor. Ward is clearly not match fit and is rusty but he has played well at Championship level for several seasons so reasons to be optimistic. Drury we know is good, jury out on Nelson at this level. Ruddy looked nervous but who could blame him with the back 4 last night. He is no Forster but we could not afford him. I also remember Brian Gunns early games years ago they were awful and he went on to be a legend.Its up to Ruddy over the next dozen games to settle in and win over the crowd. Too early to panic though[/quote]I agree with you about Ward, as you say he''s clearly not match fit and i think he should play against Gillingham on Tuesday night to get another 90 minutes under his belt. I hope Lambert starts with Holt against the Gills to give him more game time before the next league game, I still think we look much better with a big lump in the side and hope Lambert recognises this and tries to bring another big striker in.

[IMG]http://i869.photobucket.com/albums/ab257/mortymccarthy/448665548_b4537c7c0d.jpg[/IMG]

I''m afraid I am panicing!. Forget about how Watford played last night they WILL struggle this season and I believe we will finish higher than them but there is going to be far better sides than them that come to Carrow Road this season (let alone away) and plenty of them.

I said before the season that we would get a good indication of where we can expect to be featuring in this division this season as early as our first two matches. Watford and Scunthorpe both narrowly avioded relegation last season and have weaker sides this time around.  

If we lose at Scunthorpe next week, prepare for a long hard winter.