Sign in to follow this  
Greg Downs Hairpiece

What were the positives?

[quote user="Mister Chops"]Crofts looked the part.  Jackson looked lively.  Surman showed flashes of quality.  Whitbread won''t be injured forever.  I might win the lottery tomorrow.

[/quote]

erm...when? I never saw that...

Crofts looked good but, is he any better than Korey Smith?

Fox looks like a good player aswell.  He can play a good pass or two however we need a different type of player to sit in front of the back four.

Jackson looks like he will be a threat.  I know he done pretty much nothing, but we really weren''t playing to his and Martin''s strengths.  We were asking them both to hold the ball up which is just not their game.  Jackson consistently got in good positions were a ball could be slipped through but no one found him.  Once we start playing to his strengths and not Holt''s he will get into goal scoring positions whilst Holt is out.

They for me are the three main positives.  There has been a few bits said about Hoolahan on this thread so here is my opinion.  He was his usual self being busy and creative but he really needs to learn to get his head up.  There was many a time when the full backs R.Martin and Drury were out wide in a good position and Hoolahan had the oppurtunity to spread it out to them but he didn''t and instead tried to play the ball through the eye of a needle to Jackson or Surman and ultimately lost the ball.  He loses us possesion far to much.

As for someone saying R.Martin showed he can do job, well me and that person must have been watching two different right backs.  Another poor show by him tonight but, he wasn''t the weakest link by far. 

Keeper should of saved first goal all though it was a mistake from Crofts. Hoolahan looked very lively just wasn''t on the same wavelength with the strikers, Surman looked good, calm, quality, confident. Fox didn''t impress me. Simeon Jackson struggled with what we played. Martin looked very strong, worked hard for most of the game. I thought Ward made some good challenges at the start. Drury his usual self.

Going forward I thought Crofts looked better than Korey but I wouldn''t mind seeing him play the Holding midfielder role.

I thought we played good flowing football (when Nelsinho wasn''t hoofing it.) for good periods of the match.