Sign in to follow this  
Chris.

Malkay's applause.

I could not care less if he was a legend in peoples eyes, why on earth was people applauding him at the end of the game? did you forget that he just put out a team that beat us?

Yeh let''s all boo him..

He acknowledged the city fans several times and would no doubt rather be manager of us than watford..

Stupid post

[quote user="Seth."]I could not care less if he was a legend in peoples eyes, why on earth was people applauding him at the end of the game? did you forget that he just put out a team that beat us?[/quote]I can only assume from this statement that you are a closet binner, and this is obviously how you expect your fellow binners to treat such ex-players should they return to Portaloo Road. Seriously, you are an absolute cretin for starting a thread about such a subject.

[quote user="Seth."]I could not care less if he was a legend in peoples eyes, why on earth was people applauding him at the end of the game? [/quote]Malky, whoah - Malky - whoahHe scored against the scum!He scored another one!

Spot on! As an ex Norwich legend I expected him to have his team lie down  and be walked all over. Come on Malky, don''t you love us. I bet Mark Robins will let us win

Totally agree would have been applauding Malky if he had just put us down or knocked us out of the Semi-final of the f a cup.

Same nicey nice Norwich fans cant believe kept hearing his name chanted.

Agreed a legend but Paul Lambert is our manager chant his name.

Teams love coming to play us as we are a niceclub.

Watford fans had great joy in ripping the p**s out of us, and THEY were favourites for relegation WHOOPS !!!!!!!!

Even after the defeat, City fans applauded Mackay off the pitch.

He said: “That''s the type of people they are. They''re fantastic for the people they think are their own. I have a great affinity with the people of this football club and this county. I lived here for nigh on 6½ years, my son was born in the Norfolk and Norwich and we had some good times and were promoted, so it''s always a club that''s close to my heart."

I think City fans showed their class tonight by applauding Malky. If the OP had his way, would we all ignore the fantastic service that a club legend gave us just because he has a new job (after we rejected him)?

God, there are some sad people around......Here''s a genuine guy who gave his all for City. The fans loved him for it. The Club repaid him by showing him the door as we entered the Premiership and that must have hurt. He brings his '' underdog '' team to Carrow Road and then they have the nerve to upset the odds by beating East Anglia''s answer to Real Madrid. Shame on you Malky !!With all the off-field c*ap that now comes with football I''d have thought that applause from a beaten team''s supporters would be a nice touch in honour of a true City legend. In the one-dimensional world of some people apparently not.Shame on you.

Seth - there is more to football than blind, narrow minded tribalism.

History, sportsmanship and integrity still have a place in the beautiful game.

Malky Mackay poured sweat and blood into a City shirt for almost seven years and played a major role in our Championship winning season. He only has warm and respectful things to say about this club and has rightfully earned our respect.

Am I right in thinking that you wouldn''t applaud Huckerby, Sutton, Iwan or Craig Fleming if they brought an opposing team here? If so that''s pretty sad and I''m relieved that you are in a fringe minority.

If hux came back to manager ippy and they beat us I''m sure the original poster would clap him!? Malky did as well as hux so deserves it!!!!!!!!

[quote user="Seth."]I could not care less if he was a legend in peoples eyes, why on earth was people applauding him at the end of the game? did you forget that he just put out a team that beat us?[/quote]Unbelievable.

[quote user="......and Smith must score."]God, there are some sad people around......Here''s a genuine guy who gave his all for City. The fans loved him for it. The Club repaid him by showing him the door as we entered the Premiership and that must have hurt. He brings his '' underdog '' team to Carrow Road and then they have the nerve to upset the odds by beating East Anglia''s answer to Real Madrid. Shame on you Malky !!With all the off-field c*ap that now comes with football I''d have thought that applause from a beaten team''s supporters would be a nice touch in honour of a true City legend. In the one-dimensional world of some people apparently not.Shame on you.

[/quote]Well said.

[quote user="Seth."]I could not care less if he was a legend in peoples eyes, why on earth was people applauding him at the end of the game? did you forget that he just put out a team that beat us?[/quote]Everybody applauds their ex-heroes when they come back - even Ipswich fans gave Bobby Robson a good reception when he went back there. Do you want people to think we are less sporting than they are?

[quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="......and Smith must score."]
God, there are some sad people around......

Here''s a genuine guy who gave his all for City. The fans loved him for it. The Club repaid him by showing him the door as we entered the Premiership and that must have hurt. He brings his '' underdog '' team to Carrow Road and then they have the nerve to upset the odds by beating East Anglia''s answer to Real Madrid. Shame on you Malky !!

With all the off-field c*ap that now comes with football I''d have thought that applause from a beaten team''s supporters would be a nice touch in honour of a true City legend. In the one-dimensional world of some people apparently not.

Shame on you.

[/quote]

Well said.
[/quote]

Well said for saying Well said Mister C.

[quote user="Seth."]I could not care less if he was a legend in peoples eyes, why on earth was people applauding him at the end of the game? did you forget that he just put out a team that beat us?[/quote]Seth, I can see where you coming from although I disagree with you.  Had everyone booed MM it would not have changed the result.  I gave him a cheer as he appeared to be a decent man who gave his all when playing for us. Can''t really see a problem here.

[quote]]Totally agree would have been applauding Malky if he had just put us down or knocked us out of the Semi-final of the f a cup.

Same nicey nice Norwich fans cant believe kept hearing his name chanted.

Agreed a legend but Paul Lambert is our manager chant his name.

Teams love coming to play us as we are a niceclub.

Watford fans had great joy in ripping the p**s out of us, and THEY were favourites for relegation WHOOPS !!!!!!!! [/quote]I can''t honestly tell if you are just taking the mick or whether you''re genuinely serious. If it''s the latter, you are a total and utter clown.

[quote user="Jimmy Smith"]I miss him, i haven''t been excited about us getting a corner since he left.[/quote]I''m not the only one. It always feels we''re more likely to concede than score from them these days. Yesterday case in point.If Seth is not one of "those" from south of the border, then I can only assume that he never saw Malky play. I won''t be forgetting those days too soon.

While I don''t agree with the OP I do feel all this Malky adulation while the game was going on was tiresome. In the LB Block E Malky chants were started time after time during the first half before Watford scored. More chants were directed at Malky than were at Lambert. Then some of the numpties assumed that Malky "loves us more than Watford". While this was going on Malky was doing a very good job of motivating the team he supposedly doesn''t love to beat us. Obvious to everyone that he was doing everything he could in his tech area to ensure we lost. By all means give him a good reception before and after the game. He was after all a very committed player for us during his time here. But during the game??? Why????

And while I''m here all this stuff about Norwich releasing Malky is a load of old pony. Nigel Worthington told Malky he couldn''t guarantee him a first team place so Malky engineered himself a tranfer to West Ham. The fee was around £300,000. All credit to malky for doing this, too many footballers are happy to draw the money in the reserves or on the bench. It was West Ham who released him a year later when he joined Watford on a free for the same reasons. Malky, to his eternal credit, probably prolonged his career by many many games by making these moves.

[quote user="......and Smith must score."]
God, there are some sad people around......

Here''s a genuine guy who gave his all for City. The fans loved him for it. The Club repaid him by showing him the door as we entered the Premiership and that must have hurt. He brings his '' underdog '' team to Carrow Road and then they have the nerve to upset the odds by beating East Anglia''s answer to Real Madrid. Shame on you Malky !!

With all the off-field c*ap that now comes with football I''d have thought that applause from a beaten team''s supporters would be a nice touch in honour of a true City legend. In the one-dimensional world of some people apparently not.

Shame on you.

[/quote]

Beautifully written (by ....and Smith must Score); it was a nice touch for Malky - he gave his heart and soul wearing yellow.