Sign in to follow this  
Brendo

Changes for Scunnthorpe?

What would your first choice 11 be, if fully fit? Against Gillingham we wont need a full strength team, so against Scunny, who would you play? If fit, Holt would straight in for me, Jackson out. Not saying he wont be a good player for us, but having him as the target man last night was hopeless quite frankly. I woud like to see Korey Smith back into the side. Not sure where though. I think Russell Martin wasn''t as bad as many thought last night, so not sure if I would try him right back. I like Fox, and I like Crofts. I thought Fox did well last night actually. Terrific passer of the ball, and did well covering the inept Ward. One time I remember Graham was 1v1ish, in for his hatrick, and Fox managed to track back and force him wide. Askou is the change we need most I feel. Ward was just poor in every aspect last night. Couldn''t clear the ball, rarely dominant in the air, not great tackling. Oh, and if Ruddy plays the same way in the next 2 or 3 games, get Rudd in. I think Rudd is quality and see no real problem in playing him in the champ, even though he''s 19. well, my 11 would be (if fit) :              RuddyMartin Askou Nelson Drury              CroftsSmith                   Surman             Hoolahan         Holt Martin

you?

i think its a tough one to call, would expect to see K.Smith and Holt on Tuesday and possibly Francomb but have a feeling only holt will make saturdays team in place of jackson.

Ruddy

Martin  Askou  Nelson  Drury

Crofts

Smith (if fit)       Surman

Hoolahan

Holt               Martin

Subs: Rudd, Ward, Fox, Lappin, McNamee, Johnson and Jackson

Ruddy

Martin Askou Nelson Drury

Korey

Crofts Surman

Wes

Martin Holt

RuddyK.Smith    Ward      Askou   Drury                      FoxCrofts                                Surman                   Hoolahan                          Martin      Holt

[quote user="Mello Yello"]My first change for Scunnthorpe, would be to remove an ''n''.....[/quote]Could you maybe grow up, and add something useful to the thread rather than pick up on an accidental typo?

[quote user="Brendo "][quote user="Mello Yello"]My first change for Scunnthorpe, would be to remove an ''n''.....[/quote]Could you maybe grow up, and add something useful to the thread rather than pick up on an accidental typo?[/quote]It''s called tounge in cheek humour.

[quote user="Brendo "][quote user="Mello Yello"]My first change for Scunnthorpe, would be to remove an ''n''.....[/quote]Could you maybe grow up, and add something useful to the thread rather than pick up on an accidental typo?[/quote]

Bless.

[quote user="Brendo "]What would your first choice 11 be, if fully fit?

Against Gillingham we wont need a full strength team, so against Scunny, who would you play?

If fit, Holt would straight in for me, Jackson out. Not saying he wont be a good player for us, but having him as the target man last night was hopeless quite frankly.

I woud like to see Korey Smith back into the side. Not sure where though. I think Russell Martin wasn''t as bad as many thought last night, so not sure if I would try him right back. I like Fox, and I like Crofts. I thought Fox did well last night actually. Terrific passer of the ball, and did well covering the inept Ward. One time I remember Graham was 1v1ish, in for his hatrick, and Fox managed to track back and force him wide.

Askou is the change we need most I feel. Ward was just poor in every aspect last night. Couldn''t clear the ball, rarely dominant in the air, not great tackling.

Oh, and if Ruddy plays the same way in the next 2 or 3 games, get Rudd in. I think Rudd is quality and see no real problem in playing him in the champ, even though he''s 19.

well, my 11 would be (if fit) :

Ruddy
              Crofts
Smith                   Surman
             Hoolahan
         Holt Martin

you?
[/quote]

So you think that Ruddy deserves another chance but not Fox, Ward or Jackson. Bloody hell I can''t believe people are writing players off already.

Can''t believe how many people are replacing Ward with Askou. Nelson is far slower, poor distribution, poor at reading the game and no experience at Championship level. Ward will come good and it would be foolish to have 3 out of 4 defenders with little/no Championship experience as some are suggesting.

GK - Ruddy - doesn''t fill me with confidence though

RB - Martin (see below for options)

LB - Drury

CB - Askou

CB - Whitbread (if fit, Nelson if not)

DM - Crofts

RM - Smith (unless you put Smith at RB.  If so, Crofts at RM and Fox at DM)

LM - Surman

AM - Hoolahan

CF - Holt

CF - Martin

Ruddy
Martin    Ward      Askou   Drury

Fox
Crofts                                Surman
                   Hoolahan

Martin      Holt

[quote user="Brendo "][quote user="Mello Yello"]My first change for Scunnthorpe, would be to remove an ''n''.....[/quote]Could you maybe grow up, and add something useful to the thread rather than pick up on an accidental typo?[/quote]

[quote user="Crofts Number 1 Fan"]

[quote user="Brendo "]What would your first choice 11 be, if fully fit?

Against Gillingham we wont need a full strength team, so against Scunny, who would you play?

If fit, Holt would straight in for me, Jackson out. Not saying he wont be a good player for us, but having him as the target man last night was hopeless quite frankly.

I woud like to see Korey Smith back into the side. Not sure where though. I think Russell Martin wasn''t as bad as many thought last night, so not sure if I would try him right back. I like Fox, and I like Crofts. I thought Fox did well last night actually. Terrific passer of the ball, and did well covering the inept Ward. One time I remember Graham was 1v1ish, in for his hatrick, and Fox managed to track back and force him wide.

Askou is the change we need most I feel. Ward was just poor in every aspect last night. Couldn''t clear the ball, rarely dominant in the air, not great tackling.

Oh, and if Ruddy plays the same way in the next 2 or 3 games, get Rudd in. I think Rudd is quality and see no real problem in playing him in the champ, even though he''s 19.

well, my 11 would be (if fit) :

Ruddy
              Crofts
Smith                   Surman
             Hoolahan
         Holt Martin

you?
[/quote]

So you think that Ruddy deserves another chance but not Fox, Ward or Jackson. Bloody hell I can''t believe people are writing players off already.

[/quote]Of course they deserve chances. Jackson from the bench. If you could read, you''d realise I haven''t ''wrote off'' Fox, as I clearly stated he has impressed me. Ward, ppffftt  he has been poor for me in the two games I''ve seen him.

[quote user="Mello Yello"]

[/quote]I might get one of those... If I can be bothered.

I know I can spell it. I will post some links to previous threads of my correct spelling of the word ''Scunthorpe'' if you''re that petty...

[quote user="Brendo "]I know I can spell it. I will post some links to previous threads of my correct spelling of the word ''Scunthorpe'' if you''re that petty...[/quote]Have you done something to your avatar to make Nelson''s neck thicker, or is that an actual photo?

[quote user="Brendo "]What would your first choice 11 be, if fully fit? Against Gillingham we wont need a full strength team, so against Scunny, who would you play? If fit, Holt would straight in for me, Jackson out. Not saying he wont be a good player for us, but having him as the target man last night was hopeless quite frankly. I woud like to see Korey Smith back into the side. Not sure where though. I think Russell Martin wasn''t as bad as many thought last night, so not sure if I would try him right back. I like Fox, and I like Crofts. I thought Fox did well last night actually. Terrific passer of the ball, and did well covering the inept Ward. One time I remember Graham was 1v1ish, in for his hatrick, and Fox managed to track back and force him wide. Askou is the change we need most I feel. Ward was just poor in every aspect last night. Couldn''t clear the ball, rarely dominant in the air, not great tackling. Oh, and if Ruddy plays the same way in the next 2 or 3 games, get Rudd in. I think Rudd is quality and see no real problem in playing him in the champ, even though he''s 19. well, my 11 would be (if fit) :              RuddyMartin Askou Nelson Drury              CroftsSmith                   Surman             Hoolahan         Holt Martin

you?[/quote]If you thought Fox done so well then why do you choose to drop him for the next game?Forced somebody wide?  lol.He was playing at the base of the diamond ffs... did you actually see him win just one tackle last night???  [:$]

On the basis of the last three games, I''d have Ward over Nelson any day. I''m surprised at how many want to drop Ward but are happy with Nelson playing.

I''ve said that Nelson deserved to be playing in pre-season and to start the league but if he carries on like this he''ll be out.

[quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="Brendo "]Changes for Scunnthorpe?[/quote]I''d definitely drop one of the "n"s, I don''t think it contributes much.[/quote]Do you read the entire thread or do you think if you say it it has greater value?[*-)]

2 changes to the starting 11 from saturday, Russell Martin out for Korey Smith at right back, I felt nervous every time Martin touched the ball and Grant Holt for Simeon Jackson/Chris Martin. He just has the presence about him and the leadership that we missed on saturday!!

[quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="Brendo "]I know I can spell it. I will post some links to previous threads of my correct spelling of the word ''Scunthorpe'' if you''re that petty...[/quote]

Have you done something to your avatar to make Nelson''s neck thicker, or is that an actual photo?
[/quote]Actual photo lol.

Have a lookie here - [url]http://www.pinkun.com/content/pinkun/norwich-city/stats/2010-2011/appearances-goals.aspx[/url]

Also mentions to the photos of Steer and MacNamee.

Same as friday but Holt in for Martin. Holt and Jackson will be good up top together as Holt will bring out Jacksons best.