Sign in to follow this  
anselin007

New Boys

Ruddy, not his best game but i truly think he will come good. Good pedigree and is highly rated from a top half premier league side.

Ward, this is the biggest question mark. Really want to like this guy, looks the package but performance wise during pre-season and especially tonight.... looks like he is nursing a hangover. Flat footed and never sharp enough on his toes. Plenty of pointing and blaming but never in the forefront of the action. Expect better.

Croft, happy this guy has the steel to break up play. Thought he was hard in the challenge and work ethic was evident, a good performance tonight.

Surman, a suprise signing but going on performances and not by name i really cant see what this lad has done to better lappin so far. Dont get me wrong , i think he will come good but thought he would be one to play his way into the side. OK but nothing special.

Simeone Jackson, Feels he needs certain players around him to bring out the best. Proved tonight that without the right type of balls, he struggles. Think the urge to want to do well is there but can he perform week in and week out, we will see.

Fox, some passes were great and others were slack. When at his feet i think this guy is effective but could be suspect to stronger ball winning players.

Overall im not downhearted. New players will take time to bed in. Periods of good play were there to be seen. Give watford credit, first half hour they played well but 90 minutes showed they couldnt keep this up. Defensive mistakes caused us the bulk of problems tonight but i doubt the partnership is a prefered choice by the manager.

[quote user="anselin007"]Ruddy, not his best game but i truly think he will come good. Good pedigree and is highly rated from a top half premier league side. Ward, this is the biggest question mark. Really want to like this guy, looks the package but performance wise during pre-season and especially tonight.... looks like he is nursing a hangover. Flat footed and never sharp enough on his toes. Plenty of pointing and blaming but never in the forefront of the action. Expect better. Croft, happy this guy has the steel to break up play. Thought he was hard in the challenge and work ethic was evident, a good performance tonight. Surman, a suprise signing but going on performances and not by name i really cant see what this lad has done to better lappin so far. Dont get me wrong , i think he will come good but thought he would be one to play his way into the side. OK but nothing special. Simeone Jackson, Feels he needs certain players around him to bring out the best. Proved tonight that without the right type of balls, he struggles. Think the urge to want to do well is there but can he perform week in and week out, we will see. Fox, some passes were great and others were slack. When at his feet i think this guy is effective but could be suspect to stronger ball winning players. Overall im not downhearted. New players will take time to bed in. Periods of good play were there to be seen. Give watford credit, first half hour they played well but 90 minutes showed they couldnt keep this up. Defensive mistakes caused us the bulk of problems tonight but i doubt the partnership is a prefered choice by the manager.[/quote]

Agree, although I think he does have more quality than lappin, but I think lambert had changed the  team far to much to soon.

possibly he has changed things too soon but he has had the majority of them at the start of pre-season so probably thought they had enough games together to put them into the season opener