Sign in to follow this  
Nicholls

The Ball

Is it just me or does anyone else think the one ball and ball boy situation is ridicoulous?! Every other club every single ball boy has a spare ball so that as soon as the ball goes out of play another ball is there waiting so that players can utalise the quick throw in, Quick long goal kick etc etc. Us, Our players, At carrow Road everytime the ball goes out are left standing for quite long periods of time, Just waiting for a ball because we only have one out there and only if one is lost another one will be brought out. Throughout the leauges in the course of a season numerous goals come not just directly through a quick throw in but also from a quick build up from a quick a throw in, By the time we''ve recieved a ball everyones marked up!!

Anyone no why we do this?? I realy think it needs to change!!

Is this true? [:O] I know we used to just have 1 ball for reserve games, but we always had plenty of spares...

And to make matters worse our ball boys barely leave there seats!! I thort this is the hole point in them?!

I believe (or the case was last season) that clubs can choose between using the same ball throughout the game, or use the ''multi-ball system''.

Of course if one ball flies over the City Stand we won''t have a prolonged period whereby a steward has to fish it out of a shopping trolley......

We used to have the multi-ball system from what I remember. The problem is the ballboy hands a new one to the player taking the throw-in. Man in the stands chucks the original back as far as he can in an effort to impress his mates, it gets on the pitch, and we have to wait as theres two balls in play. Im sure theres other reasons too it though. I would like to see it, but it requires common sense from the fans for it to work, which cant be guaranteed.

[quote user="Trent Canary"] The problem is the ballboy hands a new one to the player taking the throw-in. Man in the stands chucks the original back as far as he can in an effort to impress his mates, it gets on the pitch, and we have to wait as theres two balls in play.

[/quote]Unless I am dreaming things, but I am quite sure this happened last night? [^o)]

[quote user="Brendo "][quote user="Trent Canary"] The problem is the ballboy hands a new one to the player taking the throw-in. Man in the stands chucks the original back as far as he can in an effort to impress his mates, it gets on the pitch, and we have to wait as theres two balls in play. [/quote]Unless I am dreaming things, but I am quite sure this happened last night? [^o)][/quote]Possibly, I missed a small chunk of the game here and there. To be honest I cant remember the last time we didnt use the multi-ball, but then I havent been to a home match since January - I just went on the OP''s comments!Agree it definitely should be implemented though, particularly at home when we are likely to be doing the bulk of the attacking.