Sign in to follow this  
Fraz

Not Good enough!

Defence looks very poor, goal keeper doesn''t look to sharp, and we were 2nd to the ball. It might just take us a few games to get used to the league but also each other as we had 6 new players playing, which maybe too many.We need another right back, can''t believe we sold spillane, hes soooo much better than Russell Martin at full back.Diamond didn''t work either.Roll on the next game, I have every confidence lambert will sort it

Didn''t think there was anything wrong with the diamond per se, not saying our midfield was great, but i blame the defence and the keeper. 2 goals at home should be enough.

I agree about Spillane, he was a decent player. But there is a long way to go.

[quote user="Downloads"]Didn''t think there was anything wrong with the diamond per se, not saying our midfield was great, but i blame the defence and the keeper. 2 goals at home should be enough.[/quote]

Did I miss something, whihc goal was the keepers fault?

There were moments where Norwich looked a good team, with crisp passing and good ideas, unfortunately the centre of our defence looked poor. The midfield is very neat and technically good, but a little short and weak meaning Watford bullied us off the ball too many times. With Martin and Jackson starting Watford knew they could sit deep and soak up long balls and a bit of pressure and hit on the counter, which they did with great affect.Their 3rd goal had at least two fouls in the build up and the Norwich defence just switched off. I would say it was an off day rather than fundamental problems throughout the team.

I really think you need Korey in midfield. He''s got the right ability & terrier like attitude to unsettle the opposition.

Yeah, Fox is neat, but to me (albeit after only one game) that is it, Korey seems to have a bit more about him.

got to agree, we need more metal in the team, the championship is such a physical league and we had to many creative players not creating and to little Defensive players not there to defend.

I was shocked that Korey was not playing, he was one of the reasons we went up.

I think we missed rusty a little today. But I think give it a few games and things will be very different to how they were tonight. You wouldn''t have had Watford down as the young team tonight.

I think we''ll be a bit patchy for a while, but that we''ll really get things going once we settle down.

i thought the midfield got totally caught out which was the main problem as well as giving the ball away to much-especially in the first half. the jackson-martin partnership didn''t work(especially jackson)

the defence were disjointed, as was the midfield e.g watfords 2nd goal where nelsonn at fault

the first goal was crofts fault for not heading it out and ruddy should have done better

their third goal made us look like idiots; it wasn''t even a foul, he hardly touched him

POSITIVES    - both our goals were well worked

ruddy made a really good save at 0-2(i think)               i am still optimistic about the season as we have a fantastic manager and i think we have good attacking players

My initial state of fury/misery/depression is wearing off.

It was individual errors that cost us, and I''m sure we will settle down over the course of the next few weeks.

The main thing to cling to for now is at least we look potent (ish) going forwards, compare that to the roeder/grant side we had a couple of years ago.

Calm down! It''s only one game!

We''re not in League One any more. We won''t create 20 chances a game nor see 20 chances against us flying over or wide.

PATIENCE!

[quote user="Fraz"]

We need another right back, can''t believe we sold spillane, hes soooo much better than Russell Martin at full back.

[/quote]

Utter tosh.

Spillane is weak and hugely overrated.

If he was half the player he''s been made out to be by some of you lot he wouldn''t have had to go to Brentford.

[quote user="Broadstairs Canary"]Calm down! It''s only one game!

We''re not in League One any more. We won''t create 20 chances a game nor see 20 chances against us flying over or wide.

PATIENCE![/quote]Oh shush.  Where''s the fun in that?  This is the Pink''un we''re talking about.

What a disaster for you lot. Im only being honest. You have a donkey of a goalkeeper, I thought that when I saw them goals against Everton. Nothing compared to Forster who looked to be fair brilliant for you lot. Hoolahan is with the big boys now and looked out of his depth. No service to Jackson who doesnt look too convincing anyway. Gaps everywhere. I have to laugh cos some of you fans had us down as relegation fodder. For a start Casper Ankergren who we let go was better than Cruddy.!!

Yes, lets see how Leeds do tomorrow but all I do know is that we looked better than both teams on that pitch tonight and win or lose we  wont play like Norwich did tonight. You looked out of your depth in this league and you cant blame it on ´what happened last year´´ cos u have a better manager dont ya???

Really dissapointed after tonight, but its only 1 game, Just trying to think back to last season to realise theres plenty of games to go, U really notice the difference from League 1 to the championship especially in the finishing.Crofts looked fairly decent (a gary holt type player) Really gets around the pitch, only worry was how central he was playing, leaving R.Martin exposed. (on tonights performance bad thing to do!!)Was a bit dissapointed in Surman looked a bit afraid to get ''stuck in''R.Martin gets dragged out of position so easily and leaves massive holes at right back. But the defence in general looked like they had never met each other.Hoolahan got on the ball, but there was a lack of movement up front to give him anoutlet on a few occasions.OTBC!!

[quote user="Spain-boy"]

What a disaster for you lot. Im only being honest. You have a donkey of a goalkeeper, I thought that when I saw them goals against Everton. Nothing compared to Forster who looked to be fair brilliant for you lot. Hoolahan is with the big boys now and looked out of his depth. No service to Jackson who doesnt look too convincing anyway. Gaps everywhere. I have to laugh cos some of you fans had us down as relegation fodder. For a start Casper Ankergren who we let go was better than Cruddy.!!

Yes, lets see how Leeds do tomorrow but all I do know is that we looked better than both teams on that pitch tonight and win or lose we  wont play like Norwich did tonight. You looked out of your depth in this league and you cant blame it on ´what happened last year´´ cos u have a better manager dont ya???

[/quote]U really should wait until you''ve played before making comments like this!!

[quote user="Fraz"]
Defence looks very poor, goal keeper doesn''t look to sharp, and we were 2nd to the ball. It might just take us a few games to get used to the league but also each other as we had 6 new players playing, which maybe too many.

We need another right back, can''t believe we sold spillane, hes soooo much better than Russell Martin at full back.

Diamond didn''t work either.

Roll on the next game, I have every confidence lambert will sort it
[/quote]

God!

Someone else highlighting Russell Martin when in fact the centrebacks were the real problem at the back!

Ruddy didn''t have much chance with any of the goals and was nevrous in his 1dt competitive game not helped by Laurel and Hardy (Nelson and Ward) in front of him!

We could do with another right back and was disapointed when Spillane left but Spillane spent so long out injured last season that Martin overall was better. No world beater thats for sure but hes always there and steady!

So many new players starting was possibly a factor.

The Diamond was irrelevent to the performance. When you''ve got Martin and Jackson up front not working and Ward and Nelson very poor at CB you''d strugglw with any formation!