Sign in to follow this  
Lewie - Holt Our Saviour

Poor attendance, and 2 other reasons why we lost tonight.

Firstly 24 and a half thousand out of 27000 is rather poor seen as we always proclaim to be able to fill pretty much any stadium.Secondly We were on sky hence why we lost.Thirdly it''s the first game of the season so don''t expect much :D

24 and half thousand isnt bad for a friday night, the game is on TV, many people are on holiday/at work and so on...

It was never going to be close to 27,000 given the amount of people on holiday, watching on SKY and maybe put off by the high prices.

[quote user="Mr. Bump"]It was never going to be close to 27,000 given the amount of people on holiday, watching on SKY and maybe put off by the high prices.[/quote]Yes i realised that but with the seat increase I would atleast expect it to sell more tickets than and average population of last season.

[quote user="I am an Apple"]Firstly 24 and a half thousand out of 27000 is rather poor seen as we always proclaim to be able to fill pretty much any stadium.

Secondly We were on sky hence why we lost.

Thirdly it''s the first game of the season so don''t expect much :D
[/quote]

Friday night, on sky, £31 for a ticket, that says it all!

Not a great ATT by our normal standards but a combination of fans on holiday and other fans choosing to watch on TV somewhere rather than pay he overpriced £31 I''m sure were major contributors to the lower than expected ATT. In fairness I couldn''t see where the near 3000 empty seats were.

We lost cause we were poor, up front minus Holt and had 2 weak CB''s 

Early days yet!

[quote user="ryan1992"]24 and half thousand isnt bad for a friday night, the game is on TV, many people are on holiday/at work and so on...[/quote]24,500 is fantastic support seeing the game was live on sky...spot on Ryan[Y]

[quote user="I am an Apple"]Firstly 24 and a half thousand out of 27000 is rather poor seen as we always proclaim to be able to fill pretty much any stadium.

[/quote]Really??????????? get a grip!!!! some prem teams dont get that on a Saturday game FFS...please dont slag the support we get its bloody awesome

Not sure of Watford''s numbers, but doubt that they brought 100% of their allotted capacity, so that would also bring the total attendance down from 27,000. As stated earlier, there are well-documented factors involved, and 24,500 is not to be sniffed at.

I wish that birmingham had this sort of attendance each week, norwich support is one of the most loyalist fan bases around.

[quote user="city-till-i-die"][quote user="I am an Apple"]Firstly 24 and a half thousand out of 27000 is rather poor seen as we always proclaim to be able to fill pretty much any stadium.Secondly We were on sky hence why we lost.Thirdly it''s the first game of the season so don''t expect much :D[/quote]Really??????????? get a grip!!!! some prem teams dont get that on a Saturday game FFS...please dont slag the support we get its bloody awesome[/quote]Exactly.

Its nothing to do with being on TV.

Its nothing to do with the fans

We gave away two early goals and had to play catch up.

AS others have said, the attendance was very good considering it was on TV, hols, price etc.

[quote user="kelvyn18"]I wish that birmingham had this sort of attendance each week, norwich support is one of the most loyalist fan bases around.[/quote]I think there are some Republicans amongst us as well

Sky commentator said it was our biggest attendance since CR became an all-seater stadium??Oh but wait, it''s Sky, I should have realised it was drivel...

[quote user="Evil Monkey"]Sky commentator said it was our biggest attendance since CR became an all-seater stadium??Oh but wait, it''s Sky, I should have realised it was drivel...[/quote]I think they said it was potentially the biggest. Might be wrong though.As for Sky, while we do generally lose, we had 6 new players tonight. Im sure they are not aware of any ''Curse''

[/quote]You are a tit, sorry, but you are.

A great turn out.

[quote user="Mr. Bump"] put off by the high prices.[/quote]that is the only reason.. its the championship.. not Formula bloody 1! we need to look at our ticket prices as its becoming an exclusive club!

[/quote]

You won''t see a 27,000 figure this season - provided I have done my sums right. Our "useable" capacity last year was just over 25,500 out of about 26,000 seats. We have added about 1000 seats, so therefore when Ipswich come to Carrow Road this year, and usually there isn''t a spare seat anywhere in the house, you can expect an attendance around the 26,500 mark.

The number of useable seats is affected by the number used for segregation, hence we will never see full capacity.

[/quote]

Dear oh dear.  Give me strength lol

[quote user="dreamteam"]Last nights attendance now looks even better when you look at the other Championship crowds from today.[/quote]Your spot on, look at this link, Only Dirty Leeds missing and that certainly wasn`t fullhttp://stats.football365.com/dom/ENG/D1/attend.html

I don''t know what you''d consider a GOOD attendance for a friday night during holiday season whilst it''s being shown on sky. You sir, speak nonsense.

[quote user="splutcho"]I don''t know what you''d consider a GOOD attendance for a friday night during holiday season whilst it''s being shown on sky. You sir, speak nonsense.[/quote]Who?

[quote user="WOTB"][quote user="splutcho"]I don''t know what you''d consider a GOOD attendance for a friday night during holiday season whilst it''s being shown on sky. You sir, speak nonsense.[/quote]

Who?
[/quote]

Original post. Should have made that clear really!