Sign in to follow this  
CJ

In Lambert we trust - no

The difference between the sides tonight were we had eight players carrying three as we did against Everton.And this is not picking on players making scapegoats just plain factsWard Rarely have I seen such a poor defender, slow, poor in the air, fouls and is scared to face up to shots.He twice turned away from shots and deflected them into the net where if he had faced them may well have reacted and blocked, Sorry this is a simple defending skill.RuddyNothing about him gives me confidence, on the second goal he came out halfway and then stood stillallowing the Watford attacker to look up and pick his spot. I dont even want to mention his spill of a simplecross. I know he has a hard act to follow but he really is not also taking command of his box and organisinghis defense.JacksonI know he has little chance with high balls but that means he has to make up for that with speed, good ballcontrol etc. To date none of the above, he could not even hit the target when he did get free.If these three had been replaced by Askou, Rudd and Holt at the start I feel certain we would have won. Certainlynot to bring Holt on earlier seems crazy as he immediately started causing problems in the box and really we should have had a penalty at the end for blatant holding but by that time the ref had gone to the same standard as someof our players.Just in case I get some knockers I disagree with other posters and think in general our play was good however atthis level you can not afford too many weak links and three is way too many. I just have to say I can not see after theEverton game how  Lambert did not realise that at least one, Ward should be replaced. If he carries on with same blinkered view we are in deep trouble!

[quote user="Mini Jet Heeled Frontman"]Sack lambo, Sack the board, Sack the players, Fold the club![/quote]Agreed! Get one of these posters in! They know best!! [:|]

thought the two CB were terrible, nelson at fault for 2nd goal. however i didn''t think their headers were too bad, just ward''s clearances

[quote user="CJ"]The difference between the sides tonight were we had eight players carrying three as we did against Everton.And this is not picking on players making scapegoats just plain factsWard Rarely have I seen such a poor defender, slow, poor in the air, fouls and is scared to face up to shots.He twice turned away from shots and deflected them into the net where if he had faced them may well have reacted and blocked, Sorry this is a simple defending skill.RuddyNothing about him gives me confidence, on the second goal he came out halfway and then stood stillallowing the Watford attacker to look up and pick his spot. I dont even want to mention his spill of a simplecross. I know he has a hard act to follow but he really is not also taking command of his box and organisinghis defense.JacksonI know he has little chance with high balls but that means he has to make up for that with speed, good ballcontrol etc. To date none of the above, he could not even hit the target when he did get free.If these three had been replaced by Askou, Rudd and Holt at the start I feel certain we would have won. Certainlynot to bring Holt on earlier seems crazy as he immediately started causing problems in the box and really we should have had a penalty at the end for blatant holding but by that time the ref had gone to the same standard as someof our players.Just in case I get some knockers I disagree with other posters and think in general our play was good however atthis level you can not afford too many weak links and three is way too many. I just have to say I can not see after theEverton game how  Lambert did not realise that at least one, Ward should be replaced. If he carries on with same blinkered view we are in deep trouble![/quote]Disagree with some of this, replace Jackson & Ward with R.Martin & M.Nelson

[quote user="Unhinged Canary"][quote user="Mini Jet Heeled Frontman"]Sack lambo, Sack the board, Sack the players, Fold the club![/quote]Agreed! Get one of these posters in! They know best!! [:|][/quote]Well sacking the manager early in the season worked well last year!

[quote user="Unhinged Canary"][quote user="Mini Jet Heeled Frontman"]Sack lambo, Sack the board, Sack the players, Fold the club![/quote]Agreed! Get one of these posters in! They know best!! [:|][/quote]But I''ve seemed to have missed their tenure of England

Ruddy needs time, any gk will say it takes some time to get comfy between the sticks at a new club, and he needs it,

Ward and Jackson don''t offer anything we didnt previously have in The doc and cody mac.

Its 1 game but i thought Ward started brilliant. Chris Martin looks in top shape very strong. Fox looked whack. Jackson didn''t get the service. Surman made some good passes. Crofts looked superb. Korey Smith for our Holding midfielder. Not convinced by Russell Martin, neither Nelson.

[quote user="I am a Banana"]

Ruddy needs time, any gk will say it takes some time to get comfy between the sticks at a new club, and he needs it,

Ward and Jackson don''t offer anything we didnt previously have in The doc and cody mac.

[/quote]

What did Ruddy do right? And why don''t Ward and Jackson need time to fit in? Surely they need to get more used to the team than Ruddy?

On the note of Ward - I thought he was poor tonight too, but thought he did alright for the third goal really. Didn''t rush into the challenge, stood him up ok but the player just got lucky with the deflection.

[quote user="G"][quote user="I am a Banana"]

[/quote]

What did Ruddy do right? And why don''t Ward and Jackson need time to fit in? Surely they need to get more used to the team than Ruddy?

[/quote]

The gk needs to get used to the whole back four as does ward, but ward will train with the rest of the defenders so will get used to them quicker as ruddy will be having gk training.

Jackson will only play off a target man and martin isn''t that. Jackson just runs around aimlessly whereas cody mac and even olie johnson are direct [y]

[quote user="CJ"][quote user="Unhinged Canary"][quote user="Mini Jet Heeled Frontman"]Sack lambo, Sack the board, Sack the players, Fold the club![/quote]

Agreed! Get one of these posters in! They know best!! [:|]
[/quote]

Well sacking the manager early in the season worked well last year!
[/quote]Wake up CT. That is the most pathetic thing I have heard all day.

Suggesting Lambert should get sacked?

Yeah, it worked last year. That was after Gunn had done nothing good before, and we had just lost 7-1 in League 1. Slightly different. With a little bit of luck we could have won this game, and should have really got a draw.

Suppose with you in charge we would win the league though? [:S]

[quote user="G"]Its 1 game but i thought Ward started brilliant. Chris Martin looks in top shape very strong. Fox looked whack. Jackson didn''t get the service. Surman made some good passes. Crofts looked superb. Korey Smith for our Holding midfielder. Not convinced by Russell Martin, neither Nelson.[/quote]

Are you for real? He started poorly and went downhill from there! Our worst player by a mile.

[quote user="Brendo "]

[quote user="CJ"][quote user="Unhinged Canary"][quote user="Mini Jet Heeled Frontman"]Sack lambo, Sack the board, Sack the players, Fold the club![/quote]Agreed! Get one of these posters in! They know best!! [:|][/quote]Well sacking the manager early in the season worked well last year![/quote]Wake up CT. That is the most pathetic thing I have heard all day.

Yeah, it worked last year. That was after Gunn had done nothing good before, and we had just lost 7-1 in League 1. Slightly different. With a little bit of luck we could have won this game, and should have really got a draw.

[/quote]CJ NOT CT you noob....

[quote user="CJ"]The difference between the sides tonight were we had eight players carrying three as we did against Everton.
And this is not picking on players making scapegoats just plain facts

Ward

Rarely have I seen such a poor defender, slow, poor in the air, fouls and is scared to face up to shots.
He twice turned away from shots and deflected them into the net where if he had faced them may well have
reacted and blocked, Sorry this is a simple defending skill.

Ruddy

Nothing about him gives me confidence, on the second goal he came out halfway and then stood still
allowing the Watford attacker to look up and pick his spot. I dont even want to mention his spill of a simple
cross. I know he has a hard act to follow but he really is not also taking command of his box and organising
his defense.

Jackson

I know he has little chance with high balls but that means he has to make up for that with speed, good ball
control etc. To date none of the above, he could not even hit the target when he did get free.

If these three had been replaced by Askou, Rudd and Holt at the start I feel certain we would have won. Certainly
not to bring Holt on earlier seems crazy as he immediately started causing problems in the box and really we should
have had a penalty at the end for blatant holding but by that time the ref had gone to the same standard as some
of our players.

Just in case I get some knockers I disagree with other posters and think in general our play was good however at
this level you can not afford too many weak links and three is way too many. I just have to say I can not see after the
Everton game how  Lambert did not realise that at least one, Ward should be replaced. If he carries on with same
blinkered view we are in deep trouble!
[/quote]

Sadly you are prety close to the truth!

Ward was a liability, Nelson not much better, Ruddy was nervous, not helped by the before mentioned poor CB''s and Jackson needs to feed of a targetman otherwise hes inefective!  

[quote user="grantroederdisaster"]

[quote user="CJ"]The difference between the sides tonight were we had eight players carrying three as we did against Everton.And this is not picking on players making scapegoats just plain factsWard Rarely have I seen such a poor defender, slow, poor in the air, fouls and is scared to face up to shots.He twice turned away from shots and deflected them into the net where if he had faced them may well have reacted and blocked, Sorry this is a simple defending skill.RuddyNothing about him gives me confidence, on the second goal he came out halfway and then stood stillallowing the Watford attacker to look up and pick his spot. I dont even want to mention his spill of a simplecross. I know he has a hard act to follow but he really is not also taking command of his box and organisinghis defense.JacksonI know he has little chance with high balls but that means he has to make up for that with speed, good ballcontrol etc. To date none of the above, he could not even hit the target when he did get free.If these three had been replaced by Askou, Rudd and Holt at the start I feel certain we would have won. Certainlynot to bring Holt on earlier seems crazy as he immediately started causing problems in the box and really we should have had a penalty at the end for blatant holding but by that time the ref had gone to the same standard as someof our players.Just in case I get some knockers I disagree with other posters and think in general our play was good however atthis level you can not afford too many weak links and three is way too many. I just have to say I can not see after theEverton game how  Lambert did not realise that at least one, Ward should be replaced. If he carries on with same blinkered view we are in deep trouble![/quote]

Sadly you are prety close to the truth!

Ward was a liability, Nelson not much better, Ruddy was nervous, not helped by the before mentioned poor CB''s and Jackson needs to feed of a targetman otherwise hes inefective!  

[/quote]THANK CHRIST FOR THAT!

[quote user="Brendo "]On the note of Ward - I thought he was poor tonight too, but thought he did alright for the third goal really. Didn''t rush into the challenge, stood him up ok but the player just got lucky with the deflection.[/quote]Watch the replay for both the first and third goal he turned his back and put trailing leg in air, both times deflecting the ball making it very tough for the keeper.You can not see the ball or player with your back turned and I can assure you attackers will soon realise that dummy to shoot and then waltz passed him.He also played the attacker onside for the third did not close him down and then allowed him to go onto his right foot and shoot rather than push him down left channel.Apart from that splendid defending! Can never remember Doc turning his back on a shot no matter how hard.

[quote user="Quentin"]Hope Askou is fit soon as he''s our best cb for my opinion.
[/quote]YES!

Askou and Nelson are the best.

[quote user="Quentin"]Hope Askou is fit soon as he''s our best cb for my opinion.[/quote]Even a half fit Askou would be better than Ward

[quote user="Brendo "]

[quote user="CJ"][quote user="Unhinged Canary"][quote user="Mini Jet Heeled Frontman"]Sack lambo, Sack the board, Sack the players, Fold the club![/quote]Agreed! Get one of these posters in! They know best!! [:|][/quote]Well sacking the manager early in the season worked well last year![/quote]Wake up CT. That is the most pathetic thing I have heard all day.

[/quote]Some of these posters can not take sarcasm which I did in response to other post , and no I do not want Lambo sacked just hopes he wakes up and smells the coffee soonAnd yes I am confident with me in charge would win league since we have the players in the squad to do it

Gentlemen stop looking for a convenient scapegoat...Going up a division is always a tremendous challenge, it was in 04/05 it will be again in 10/11. Past seasons count for nothing, we''re coming back up from scratch... How many of these players have had much NPC experience? Lambert has never managed at this level before... It''s going to be a steep learning curve and plenty of hard work, if at the end of the season we stay up I say that''ll be a massive achievement.If we get on the players backs and destroy their confidence, booing like many did at the end, then the chances are we''ll be playing the likes of Dagenham and Shedbridge and Col Who again next season...

[quote user="Freethorpe Canary"]Gentlemen stop looking for a convenient scapegoat...Going up a division is always a tremendous challenge, it was in 04/05 it will be again in 10/11. Past seasons count for nothing, we''re coming back up from scratch... How many of these players have had much NPC experience? Lambert has never managed at this level before... It''s going to be a steep learning curve and plenty of hard work, if at the end of the season we stay up I say that''ll be a massive achievement.If we get on the players backs and destroy their confidence, booing like many did at the end, then the chances are we''ll be playing the likes of Dagenham and Shedbridge and Col Who again next season...[/quote]Wise words. It''ll certainly be a challenge, but to be fair I think it''s one we''ll rise up to and I''d still like to think we''ll steer clear of a relegation battle, though I think that''s just the optimist within me. It''s a fresh start and we just need to keep plugging away, but I''m pretty sure we''ll get there.