Sign in to follow this  
Mr Brownstone

Do we all feel better now?

After seeing some of the results today are we feeling any better about last night? I''ll put money on the Scum finishing below Middlesbrough, Reading finishing above Scunthorpe, Bristol City finishing above Millwall and maybe Pompey finishing above Coventry. I also think we''ll be above Watford by the time we head to Vicarage Road.

The 1st game always throws up plenty of odd results as players get up to fitness and get used to their new team mates.

[quote user="Mr Brownstone"]After seeing some of the results today are we feeling any better about last night? I''ll put money on the Scum finishing below Middlesbrough, Reading finishing above Scunthorpe, Bristol City finishing above Millwall and maybe Pompey finishing above Coventry. I also think we''ll be above Watford by the time we head to Vicarage Road. The 1st game always throws up plenty of odd results as players get up to fitness and get used to their new team mates.[/quote]NO because it doesnt change the fact we lost

[:(]

Middlesborough are clearly going down, and probably have a useless right back and goalkeeper whp are responsible for every defeat. Oh, and I bet the players they got rid of from last season would have been so much better than the new ones.......

[quote user="Beauseant"]Middlesborough are clearly going down, and probably have a useless right back and goalkeeper whp are responsible for every defeat. Oh, and I bet the players they got rid of from last season would have been so much better than the new ones.......[/quote]Face it, they found their level in League One.

[quote user="CallsignViper"]Do we all feel better now?

No! I''ve got a stinking hangover... STILL![/quote]Yes, I over did the Peroni''s at lunchtime too.

[quote user="Mr Brownstone"]Do we all feel better now?[/quote]Ipswich won, we lost, every time I''ve put the test match on England have lost a batsman, I''m down to drinking the bottles of Magners my in-law brought round because I''m out of beer and wine, and baby Chops won''t stop crying.  Frankly, even the thought of my woes versus those of the Pakistani flood victims doesn''t make me feel any better.  I think I''ve reached total self-absorbtion point.

Yeah, I do feel a bit better.And am currently being greatly amused at how much of a pub team Leeds look.[:)]

Ipswich won and we lost, of course we''re all still fed up [:)]

I''m not very interested in other results at this early stage.  I think last night showed it''s going to be a long hard season. I think the sad thing is £10 mil could quite easily buy the players to get automatic promotion. Do clubs deal in millions anymore...........? :O)

Think some on here have been taken in by City 1sts posts claiming Ipswich are in trouble and will go down , in truth what they have in a very expensive squad of players and are still looking to add to it with a big money striker , they will be thereabouts this season.

In fairness, City1st posts a bunch of bull. I''d love to see what he says about us now. I wouldn''t get too worried about the first game, you lot looked good going forward, although still suspect at the back.I also wouldn''t get to confident about us being thereabouts. Our squad honestly hasn''t changed much, couple of youngsters have slightly improved it imo. We beat a Boro team who are still yet to settle. There is a very long way to go, but it definately gives me alot more confidence.It shows what belief and confidence can do to a team. We have two very key players out, and faced the League favourites with a squad only minorly tweaked. Somehow we pull out a performance that probably tops everything of last season, the X-factor if you will.Anyhow, don''t get too worked up. It''s only the first game afterall!

[quote user="CT"][quote user="cityangel"]Ipswich won and we lost, of course we''re all still fed up [:)][/quote]

You seem rather happy that Ipsw**h won, anything you want to tell us?
[/quote]

Guess who her best friend supports who works in the ticket office at Portman Road?[:P]

[quote user="TIL 1010"]

[quote user="CT"][quote user="cityangel"]Ipswich won and we lost, of course we''re all still fed up [:)][/quote]You seem rather happy that Ipsw**h won, anything you want to tell us?[/quote]

Guess who her best friend supports who works in the ticket office at Portman Road?[:P]

[/quote]If she supported Ipswich she''d try harder to sell more of their tickets  [:)]

[quote user="TIL 1010"]

[quote user="CT"][quote user="cityangel"]Ipswich won and we lost, of course we''re all still fed up [:)][/quote]

You seem rather happy that Ipsw**h won, anything you want to tell us?
[/quote]

[/quote]

Oh dear [:|] lol

[quote user="morty"]Lol Tilly,shameless bit of stirring.

[:)]
[/quote]

Not at all Morty as CA has posted several "facts" on here recently surrounding Ipswich season ticket prices and pre season attendances in which she openly said what i posted.Mind you the term "friend " and "ipswich" sticks in the back of the throat with me and surely is a contradiction in terms?[;)]

Having watched most of the match yesterday, anyone else think that both ourselves & Watford were miles better than Leeds or Derby? I know it''s just the beginning, but it looks like this league is going to be highly unpredictable (as predicted!)

[quote user="ron obvious"]
Having watched most of the match yesterday, anyone else think that both ourselves & Watford were miles better than Leeds or Derby?
I know it''s just the beginning, but it looks like this league is going to be highly unpredictable (as predicted!)

[/quote]

I agree and predict that it is going to be highly unpredictable as predicted[:D]