Sign in to follow this  
DumbleDelia is Magic

Am I the only one who's finding this a little ridiculous?

I could be in a dream today.  I really could.  In a matter of days a large number of people on this board have formed a Worthy out camp.  Now don''t get me wrong, everyone''s entitled to their opinions.  But this is IMO ludicrous

Look where the man has brought us.  From the basement of Div 1 to the best league in the world in a pretty short space of time.  He''s the best manager we have had since Martin O''Neil.  FACT

Who would replace him? 

How would the players react?  If Worthy had lost the dressing room and lost player respect I could understand people calling for his head. But I don''t think he has. 

He is the best man for the job.  And he needs our support  

I think fans are just disappointed and are looking for the answer. The buck stops with the manager. I don''t think he should go BUT he must look at his team selection and performances.Time is slipping away. A couple of wins now, well who knows!!!

I agree with all you say, Worthy needs our support, but we need his supreme effort.

I think he is not seeing "the big picture" well enough at the moment, and at this time, in this league he needs to have everything covered.

Why are we not scouting abroad?
Why are our youth team players seemingly not as good as everyone elses?!
Why did he sign Gary Doherty?
Why haven''t we played in the first 45 mins of every game?
Should he look into Psychological help for the players?
Why can our players not pass to each other?
Why do our players not make runs into space?
Why can Leon McKenzie not understand the offside rule?

The answers to all these and more is HIS responsibility and he needs to address these issues pronto.

Bananaman: What have you got against Leon? You hate him almost as much as I hate Hendo.

DDiM: I always like your posts, and I agree with this one. Yes Worthy is making some mistakes and his signings have been particularly poor (I actually think they''ve all been rubbish bar Charlton who has been average but still not exactly great) but he is learning as is everyone else. I won''t be calling for his head even if we do go down and finish bottom, but if we don''t challenge to go straight back up again is when the question should be asked.

Quote: Should he look into Psychological help for the players?bananaman: classic mate... all time classic I''ve haven''t laughed like this since friday night Although I''m sure you didn''t mean it like that, and it is a valid point...I just love it?........"Should he look into Psychological help for the players?".......

I''ll tell you why!I am a striker, and I work really hard on making space for my strike partner. I move cleverly to the flanks drawing the centre backs away from their position. When the ball comes to me I concentrate deeply to make sure I get the BLOODY thing under control!I don''t stand offside, behind my marker, pointing at my feet.In all truth, I love leon, I''m just disappointed with him. I thought that he would be a " up through the lower leagues" gem, but he really looks out of his depth. It''s all very well closing your defender down, but if you don''t know what to do with the ball after you have it it''s all rather academic!In short, we need to put Huckerby and Leon in a teleporter together thus blending Huckerby''s talent with McKenzie''s workrate.

Agree with you DD, I think that disappointment is clouding the judgement of our posters at the moment.

Agree with Bananaman''s FAQs too, but for goodness sake mate, don''t talk up any more players from abroad, they just can''t adapt to the bracing Norfolk air it seems. Well not the ones we get anyway !

As for good youth team players, they are like grapes, always seem to come in bunches, i:e Man.U. with Beckham, Butt, Neville Bros, Scoles, Giggs, Mulryne(oops sorry). Ipswich also seem to be going through a fruitful period being able to replace departing stars with budding youngsters.(sulk)

Unfortunately the continuity of our vine suffered in the frosts of the Chase era, and has yet to recover.

But I still think our fruitful days will come and we will sip the finest wine again. I M V H O

O T B C

bananaman: sorry mate... couldn''t be there, but I''ll take your word for it

I reckon they would, there''s a lot of pressure on them... and although they''re Norwich City Players... they are only human...

I dare say there are a lot of people on this board, that would suggest that I do to!! ... and I wouldn''t dispute it mate...

Cheers for my new signature

Its not just this board its happening to. The boos rattling around after the final whistle over the last 2 weeks. reflect alot of city''s fan opinions. Get behind the team not on top of them.
You want a win then we have got to continue our top o the league form as fans!

No you''re not the only one DDIM. Get real people. Worthy will be here next season whether we stay up or sink back to the fizzy league. Even Wolves and Leicester stuck with Jones & Adams  last season (until this season didn''t start well enough, and then the time for change was/is right).

Sure we can complain and moan, but anyone who though this would be a cake walk was living in woop-woop land. We are still only 3 points off safety (+ goal difference), and call me a dreamer but we WILL have our run of good fortune and results at some point - even hapless Wolves beat Man Utd last season. A little more luck, some confidence arising and who knows. I''ll still focus on 17th until it''s mathematically gone. and then we''ll plan for next year!

In the meantime 7 points from the next 3 games and life could be very different!

OTBC - and don''t forget the next line too: NEVER MIND THE DANGER!!!!!