Sign in to follow this  
pennywise

would you like a robbie savage type character at norwich ?

just been watching the leeds derby match and i think he does a bloody good job for derby.. he may be old  and not what he was but he''s dropped down a level and his attitude is top class .. also he seems to really care hence his run ins with reporters and the phone in host  who critisized his team last year.. i think someone like him with the right attitude can only be good for a dressing room [:D]

Yes, gets about them. Must be horrible to play against. We lack experience from our central midfielders, Savage would do just the job.

[quote user="CDMullins"]Yes, gets about them. Must be horrible to play against. We lack experience from our central midfielders, Savage would do just the job.[/quote][Y]

Coventry have Lee Carsley. Another example of a player who can play well into his 30s. [Y]

The last player we had like this was Dion Dublin - who clearly has a great footballing brain.

Installs confidence in the side and makes up for lost pace with the great ability to read the game in front of him.

I have had a love/hate relationship with him all his career and after his 5live show lovin him again.

Funny enough laying in the bath listening to him now. 90 mins and now on the radio, a gent.

Cracking listen that Cloughy made them get of the coach and walk the last 200m to the ground though the Leeds fans. Chip off the ole block one thinks.

In answer......yes would be great to have him

I was thinking someone like him is just what we need.

The midfield weren''t too bad yesterday but I felt lacked a bit of "bite". Don''t think Russell would have been the answer because he is not the greatest technically.

So an ex-Premiership player like Savage would be excellent. Can''t see it though - maybe Lambert should come out of retirement :-)

what i really like about him is the way he stands behind nigel clough who hasn''t had the easiest time of it and is inexperienced at this level ..it would be easy for someone like savage to undermine him but he won'' t hear a word against him and has always come out fighting his corner.. trouble is there aren''t many of his type about  [:D]

The fact of the matter is that we have a very young squad. Only Drury and Nelson are in their 30s (and Nelson has only just turned 30). To me this is a squad built for consolidating this season and pushing on over the next couple of years. If we wanted to compete this year then I think we would need a couple of experienced heads to bolster the squad (this may still happen when the Premiership clubs have decided on their 25 players).

Most successful teams have had a ''Savage'' in thier teams. From Vinnie Jones to Robbie Savage. Savage has actually only ever been sent off once I think, and that was contested. Could be wrong.

In answer I would love a ''Savage'' here.

YES

I used to hate him, but grown to like him now and he would be an asset in any team at this level

There''s a reason he is loved by the fans at every club he plays for and hated by clubs that he doesn''t play for. He''s always given his all and doesn''t care what anyone else thinks about him. He''s there to win and he''ll do anything in his power to do it.

He''s booed because he does well for his team and winds up anyone he plays against. 5 years ago I hated him. Truly hated him almost as much as I have always hated Roy Keane. But while Roy Keane did everything with malice, Savage has tried to do it with a cheeky smile.

He has calmed down and I believe is a better player for it. I also like that someone has picked up on his loyalty to Clough. It is refereshing to see a player that will show that dedication and loyalty to his employer.