Sign in to follow this  
Ren

The extra seats....

What is the point of spending all that money on extra seats if you then price the fans out, so that they cant use them!

3000 empty seats last night - surely it would have been better to have them full at £25!

Yesterday I was in the mall shop and saw 2 fans walk out with no tickets for the Swansea game and I am not suprised when I heard the price £62 for the pair! There was a sale there and the club lost it by chasing an extra £12 or so.

Come on NCFC have we not learnt anything from South Africa 2010?

Oh and after last nights result, I cant see us shifting too many more for Swansea!

[quote user="Ren"]What is the point of spending all that money on extra seats if you then price the fans out, so that they cant use them!

3000 empty seats last night - surely it would have been better to have them full at £25!

Yesterday I was in the mall shop and saw 2 fans walk out with no tickets for the Swansea game and I am not suprised when I heard the price £62 for the pair! There was a sale there and the club lost it by chasing an extra £12 or so.

Oh and after last nights result, I cant see us shifting too many more for Swansea![/quote]You don''t know that it was because of price, though.  Friday night in August is a crap night for a football match, I bet the Saturday crowd is 25,000 plus.

I hope you are right mate. Just think that the club may have pushed it a little too far with these Cat A games.

[quote user="3pmkickoff"]They probably walked out ticketless as the mall store doesn''t sell tickets[/quote]Oh my god, doesn''t McNally know how to run a business?  [:@]

[quote user="3pmkickoff"]They probably walked out ticketless as the mall store doesn''t sell tickets
[/quote]   Really? I have got tickets from there before and was going in today for a Swansea one.

[quote user="Ren"]What is the point of spending all that money on extra seats if you then price the fans out, so that they cant use them!

Oh and after last nights result, I cant see us shifting too many more for Swansea![/quote]Nosey bugger ain''t ya! [;)]

Not quite sure where you get the £6 from there Ron?

Surely the point of football is to play to the fans, not to empty seats, just dont want us to become like the other clubs in this league who play to half full grounds week in week out.

I am with you, but it does not quite work like that does it as 20,500 are STs.

So there are only 6,500 tickets to sell, of which only just over half were sold.

£31 x 3500 = £108,500

£25 x 6500 = £162,500 + the extra that they may send in the bars, shops etc.

[quote user="3pmkickoff"]They probably walked out ticketless as the mall store doesn''t sell tickets
[/quote]

I need to scrutinise my Gillingham ticket I purchased from there the other day then.........Just in case it is counterfeit.

[quote user="Ren"]I am with you, but it does not quite work like that does it as 20,500 are STs.

So there are only 6,500 tickets to sell, of which only just over half were sold.

£31 x 3500 = £108,500

£25 x 6500 = £162,500 + the extra that they may send in the bars, shops etc.[/quote]Bang on with the sums. If £25 tickets then we''d have had to shift just under 1000 more to hit the same returns. plus, as you say, the potential for more money being spent in the ground.Mcnally has been right so far but he got this one wrong - and I hope he learns from it.

[/quote]

They do sell tickets in the Mall shop. They "experimented" with a policy of no ticket sales at the Castle Mall shop but quickly reverted to the status quo when it became clear that this was not the best decision they had ever made.

The new seats in the N&P pitchside are so low a child last night had to stand the whole match to see over the barrier, pretty good as it''s the family stand

If we perform on the pitch I think the extra seats will sell more often than not whatever the price, impossible to read to much into last nights attendance with it being on tv and a lot of people on Holiday.

The new seats in the front of the Jarrold look a bit low down.Mind you as the heavens opened last night those casuals lucky enough to have bagged one must have thought that for only £31 for a worms eye view and en-suite shower facility they''d grabbed a real bargain........

You realise having 3000 empty seats, at a more expensive price, probably makes them more money than having sold out at a cheaper price....

Having the capacity will earn them money even if empty in the short term for better advertising and sponsorship deals, but longer term they have to have them full at the highest possible price (same as theatres and gigs).

So th trick is to set the prices accordingly.

For me though to have to pay an extra £6 whilst the annoying kids that don''t watch and just kick my seat are there for a small fraction of that might make me consider if I am getting value for money.

I''m disgusted with this seasons pricing. Most loyal fans in the country - so we''ll rip off the non-season ticket holders.The greed all started with Super-members!!!If we are mid-table or worse this seaon there will be a constant 3000+ empty seats. Especially as the away end will be half empty with prices like £31.Why on earth is Swansea a Cat A game?

[/quote]

Yes it does again now.

I too think we''ve over priced our tickets but the crowd last night would also have been affected by lots of people being on holiday in August.

[quote user="Dan Druff"]

[/quote]

They do sell tickets in the Mall shop. They "experimented" with a policy of no ticket sales at the Castle Mall shop but quickly reverted to the status quo when it became clear that this was not the best decision they had ever made.

[/quote]

Blimey - are Francis Rossi & Rick Parfitt selling tickets in the Mall Canary store?

Bump as some of the points on this thread are being discussed on another.

[quote user="farley"]I''m disgusted with this seasons pricing. Most loyal fans in the country - so we''ll rip off the non-season ticket holders.The greed all started with Super-members!!!If we are mid-table or worse this seaon there will be a constant 3000+ empty seats. Especially as the away end will be half empty with prices like £31.Why on earth is Swansea a Cat A game?[/quote]You''re not possibly suggesting the most loyal fans in the world are glory hunters?

[quote user="Mello Yello"]

[/quote]

I need to scrutinise my Gillingham ticket I purchased from there the other day then.........Just in case it is counterfeit.

[/quote]

There are now UV detectors on every turnstile for Tuesdays game waiting for Mello to put in an appearance.