Sign in to follow this  
essexcanary

missing docherty

Was it wise to get rid of the doc so quick? he could organize defence, schoolboy defending is not good enough.Cant believe we paid all that money for surman, I know he needs time to fit in but looks 1st or 2nd div standard. How many times have the team let down the supporters during the years, we should be used to it by now.Lets hope things get better otherwise we will be back in the doom of the 1st div again.

doherty seriously couldn''t cut in the championship last time. why can''t you believe we paid that much for surman, u cleary didn''t see the last match he looked probably one of our best players out there. Besides its only one game give it time and he will come good.

By "paid all that money" I can assume you''re believing the rubbish that The Sun came out with when they said we paid £1.5m for him... that''s what Wolves paid for him, it''s reported to be around 500k we paid, a bargain for a player that will undoubtedly come very good.

Can I assume this is the first game you''ve seen this summer Essex? Because against Newcastle, Lincoln and everton he was looking pretty decent and our whole midfiel was looking even better than it did last season.

Surman is a quality signing and will show his true value more times than not this season.

I can''t necessarily claim to know more about football than you, but I think that it''s fair to say that the managers of the 23 clubs in the Championship do.  They all had the chance to sign Doc in the summer.  They didn''t even have to pay a fee.  None of them did.