Sign in to follow this  
Canaries Utd

Clean sheet for the Ginger Pele

Talking about another person who left in the summer! Darel Russell already managed to get himselves booked tday for preston

[quote user="Canaries Utd"]Well done the Doc [:P][/quote]

What is it with this message board? Docherty and Russell have gone and both have been replaced. Deal with it and move on.

http://drinkingduringthegame.blogspot.com/2010/08/charlton-athletic-1-v-afc-bournemouth-0.html"The

most encouraging thing about the performance was how solid our back

four looked and the fact that our midfield had the freedom of the park.

Dailly and Doherty were imperious in the middle and Jackson was

untroubled at left-back."

http://www.cafc.co.uk/newsview.ink?nid=36388&newstype=m

"Therry Racon entered the fray as the hosts regrouped and

Elliot made to smart stops with the impressive Chris Solly, Christian

Dailly, Johnnie Jackson and the excellent Gary Doherty a solid presence

in front of him."

Ah, but look...

"The visitors had penalty claims turned down after

Doherty, a real aerial presence at the back all afternoon, flung himself

in the way of his shot."

Obviously the referee and linesmen were League One standard and Championship officials would have given the penalty and a straight red card [*-)]

[quote user="I am a Banana"]The bottom of them stories make sound like his normal self :)[/quote]Yes but at least he knows how to stop a shot unlike his replacement Ward who pathetically turns his backand sticks a leg out! On evidence so far this season BIG mistake to let Doc go and bring in Ward.

[quote user="CJ"][quote user="I am a Banana"]The bottom of them stories make sound like his normal self :)[/quote]Yes but at least he knows how to stop a shot unlike his replacement Ward who pathetically turns his backand sticks a leg out! On evidence so far this season BIG mistake to let Doc go and bring in Ward.[/quote]But, there is the TINIEST chance that Mr Lambert MIGHT have seen what you did too, and tell him not to do it again?I hear they have DVD''s of the game and everything nowadays. Managers can actually watch the game AGAIN, and point out peoples mistakes so that they can try and rectify them in the future.I was stunned to hear all this too! It''s a crazy, modern world we live in..........[:|]

[quote user="sgncfc"]

What is it with this message board? Docherty and Russell have gone and both have been replaced. Deal with it and move on.

[/quote]Jeeeeez... calm down, its a mesage board for Norwich City related matters, quite clearly both the Doc and Rusty were our players, i for one would have liked to see the Doc stay in the squad, and i was just passing my praise. So DEAL with my comments, and if you don''t like them TOUGH!

[quote user="sgncfc"]

[/quote]

While the centrebacks play so badly its enevitable that a centreback who was outstanding for us last year yet was released is going to be mentioned!

[quote user="I am a Banana"]

[quote user="CT"]LEAGUE 1!!![/quote]

huh?[:^)]

[/quote]

Gary Doherty is in league one and not the championship.

Give Ward time ffs, dont judge after one match.

[quote user="CT"][quote user="I am a Banana"]

[quote user="CT"]LEAGUE 1!!![/quote]

huh?[:^)]

[/quote] Gary Doherty is in league one and not the championship. Give Ward time ffs, dont judge after one match.[/quote]

Oh right i see [y]

Agree although from most other teams that ward has played for say he isn''t the best.

Quite right CT it is the championship not league 1. I just wonder why one championship club (Coventry) we''re happy enough to let Ward go and another two championship clubs (Preston and Doncaster) who had him on loan last season didn''t try to get him back?

This wasn''t supposed to be a post about how we let him go... it was simply highlighting that in a 10 man team for a majority of the match the Ginger Pele and his back three kept a clean sheet... simples [:)]