Sign in to follow this  
First Wizard

Should Worthy stay?

[quote]Wiz Who would you bring in who would keep us up?[/quote]

DD: If he''d agree, and he won''t (after last time, and the boards betrayel) Mike Walker. His man management was superb, familar with very little cash and his tactics of ''on the deck'' football, spot on, now stop laughing!.

Failing that, George Burly.

[quote]DD: If he''d agree, and he won''t (after last time, and the boards betrayel) Mike Walker. His man management was superb, familar with very little cash and his tactics of ''on the deck'' football, spot on,...[/quote]

Ok Wiz.  You are joking with that Walker suggestion aren''t you!?

Wiz..... sir,

With all due respect...

GEORGE FL**PN BURLEY?????????? We might as well just offer a job to J.R aswell while we''re at it!! I don''t think I and many other fans could handle G.B on the throne... It''s like Canary Land being invaded... and we all become subjects to some dictator... Oh no... no towners here please...

Long live King Worthy I...

[quote]Ok Wiz. You are joking with that Walker suggestion aren''t you!?[/quote]

DD: Why would I joke about it?. I love the guy, simple as that, now you can laugh.

Why would Walker do any better this time than the second time he was here? Like Peters, Iwan and Keegan Walker is a legend who has had his time.

Worthy took a poor Div 1 team looking at constant relegation battles to Div 2 to being in the promotion race for 3 consecutive season.

He is not yet a prem manager but how will he learn if he isnt given the time to do so?

Main reason to keep his the real lack of alternatives to him - if Walker is the best then why bother?

OTBC

Ref: Mike Walker

Please dont forget that he inherited a team which had been developed and nutured by Ken Brown and then Dave Stringer - a large part of that team had come through the youth system and they were a one off. Walker clearly had greater tactical awareness and was also not scared to use subs before the half time whistle - certainly there are elements of his management which we need today. However his undoing in the second term in office was his inability to maintain discipline eventually he lost control of the situation - we could consider him in a coaching role though?

[quote]DD: Why would I joke about it?. I love the guy, simple as that, now you can laugh.[/quote]

Wiz

To suggest bringing back Mike Walker is a ridiculous notion.  Why on earth would we bring back an ageing man, who''s been out of the game for several years to manage at Premiership level?  It would be absurd.  The last time he was here he didn''t exactly set the 1st Division alight anyway. 

We as a club, and more importantly, football as a game, have changed dramatically since the last time Walker managed in this country, let alone was at this football club

This isn''t a personal attack on you mate, but this is 2004, not the early 90s.  If Worthy were to go, we need someone who could deliver now and Mike Walker would certainly not be able to do this

[quote]Ref: Mike Walker Please dont forget that he inherited a team which had been developed and nutured by Ken Brown and then Dave Stringer - a large part of that team had come through the youth system and...[/quote]

Superb option Helsinki Canary, I wish I had thought of that.

Although Delia was at the club at the time of the ''great stab in the back''.

Not of course that I''m suggesting anything by that. Rather, the embarressment for all parties, would be too great, yes?.