Sign in to follow this  
Chris.

Curiosity.

Does anybody else feel we''ve made the ''too many new faces error'' for the second season running ?

Opinions..

No.I take it you are suggesting we have.And I doubt you would have started this thread had we won.[:)]

No, most of them have been here for several weeks now so have had plenty of time to settle in. In an ideal world I''d say we need another centre back as well as a big powerful midfielder and another big striker.

"No, most of them have been here for several weeks now so have had plenty of time to settle in."

Couldn''t agree more. They''ve been playing together for enough time. It''s going to get better. It was one game and I don''t think the performance had anything to do with the players not having enough game time together.

I actually feel that, although we have made 7 signings who potentially could be very good deals, we have unsettled the side too much. When a team wins the league by a mile, the last thing you should do is take out the nucleus of that side and put in players who had nothing to do with last year. We were full of confidence and momentum, but once a completely new team basically come in and take the place of last years winning side, players such as Lappin will have no confidence. A couple of new faces at a time is fine but 6/7 new players is a bit much. Why change it when its not broken?

I think the disappointment is always compounded with it being the first game of the season, all the hopes etc.  I think we need to judge it after 10 games or so and see how we''re doing.  otbc. 

I think we have made some good  signings,  mainly from lower leagues and there is going to be a time of adjustment and learning for those guys. I trust lambert  to  work hard with them and help them develop their games into a style of play that he wants.that will take time and patients but we will definately see the side improve as the season moves forward. Undoubtedly some of the signings will not make the grade and I am sure  Lambert will be big enough to recognise his mistakes and not  just stick with playing poor players because he had signed them ala Roeder.

I think by Christmas time we will see a Norwich side pushing into the top third of the table.

[quote user="I am a Banana"]They beat newcastle together, we just had one bad match, although a new cb would be lovely [y][/quote]Good job McNally didn''t think that this time last year[:P]

yes. Before the game kicked off I was saying I was worried that we had too many new faces in the team. Surman or lappin. on paper surman looks like a far better fooballer but lappin done a decent job for us last season and should have started. Lappin made us more solid as did rusty so when korey is fit expect him back in the team. this league you need muscle more than flair

Probably not, but we didn''t have much option - there were too many positions where improvement was necessary.