Sign in to follow this  
AndyJR

Interesting idea....

It is a good idea.  No Geoffrey Watling, no club - so I''ve voted for Watling, obviously.Know what you mean about the age of austerity but papier maché can''t be that expensive.Slightly bemused to read this though:"We emailed the Justin Campaign to ask if they are interested in linking up to erect

a statue of John Fashanu to help promote the Justin Campaign.
"Justin Fashanu/John Fashanu are hardly statue-worthy Norwich City alumni.  I think if this is going to work then the organisers need to be focused on a small handful of players/club figures.  Putting up statues for everyone just cheapens the honour for those who really deserve it.  In the same way that a stand-up comedian can do a reasonably good show and the press will label him "comedy genius", whereas he/she isn''t fit to warm up a crowd for John Cleese/Spike Milligan. 

Maybe Terry Allcock for the amount of goals?

Will be dismissed by many but maybe someone like Roberts or Huckerby because of the amount they were loved by the fans.

Goss, Sutton etc?

[quote user="shiplee15"]Maybe Terry Allcock for the amount of goals?

Will be dismissed by many but maybe someone like Roberts or Huckerby because of the amount they were loved by the fans.

Goss, Sutton etc?[/quote]I was thinking Allcock, Roberts or Huckerby.  I think the problem they will find is what defines a great player and who remembers them?   How can one compare them? I t

Bad idea IMHO. Had we of won the league or FA cup then there may be a case, but we havn''t. The closest we have is the 59 team because of their lowly position at the time. But even so they only made the semis which in my opinion does not deserve a statue. Harsh but true.

They were supposed to be doing a statue of GW outside the club shop about 6 years ago. I had a call from Doomcaster saying they had already had in agreed and it was to go ahead.. What a load of shite that turned out to be!

[quote user="Suffolk exile"]Bad idea IMHO. Had we of won the league or FA cup then there may be a case, but we havn''t. The closest we have is the 59 team because of their lowly position at the time. But even so they only made the semis which in my opinion does not deserve a statue. Harsh but true.[/quote]

Tend to agree with you there.

My only genuine suggestion would be a statue of the founding fathers of the club.

i think the website says it all, 60% for Watling. The only other options would be the captain of a trophy winning team, ie league cup, 1st div or ones of record apps/scorer.

Personally i would have one of Watling and maybe Kevin Keelan for apps (though not of him throwing the ball away to kick a Leeds player and them scoring)