Sign in to follow this  
StevoM

Team for Gillingham

Who would you play?I''d go for:                          RuddyFrancomb   JB Askou   Ward   Drury                         SmithCrofts                                  Surman                        Hoolahan          Jackson              JohnsonGive players like Smith, Askou, Francomb and Johnson to get some competetive game time and hopefully in front of League 2 opposition give Ward and Ruddy a chance to gain some confidence and Jackson to hopfully grab his first goal.

Somebody pointed out in another thread that Crofts is away on international duty.

[quote user="morty"]Somebody pointed out in another thread that Crofts is away on international duty.[/quote]Yeah I knew that [:$]Switch him for Hughes then.

I don''t know if Crofts would play due to being the Wales squad for the friendly. With regards to the team, I would like to see the team which is most likely to play against Scunthorpe.

I think Holt needs some game time, possibly similar to what he had on Friday, or maybe a little more.Korey in for Crofts is the only real change I would make.

Part of me say Rudd needs some game time and another part says Ruddy needs it more. But I would like to see Rudd get some games.Central defence is a real worry. If Ashou is not out of favour then he needs to play.Korey need time on the pitch as well as Holt.I really wouldn`t wan t to second guess PL he could just play the same team as he did friday, giving them a chance to put things right or make big changes which he may have been planning even before friday.I know it`s only the Carling Cup but I wouldn`t want to be losing this one after Watford, We need to take some confidence to Scunny who had a good win at Reading

Rudd

Martin    Askou    Nelson     Drury

Fox

Hughes                                  Lappin

Hoolahan

Holt              JohnsonPerfect time to let some of the second string have their chance. Think Chris Martin and Jackson will be rested - Hoolhan and Holt need some playtime together. Johnson always looks sharp to me and I think he''ll be given a run out. Fox is doing OK but will benefit from more match practice with Hoolahan and if the the diamond is to be retained (initially at least), then Fox''s role is arguably the most vital to get right..  Assuming the defence is going to be under scrutiny then I fancy Lappin may also be recalled - he gives further options, especially if he needs to drop back to the LB position. I''m sure McNamee will feature too at some stage.

Id go for 

RUDD

SMITH WARD ASKOU DRURY

GILL

HUGHES       LAPPIN

MCNAMEE

HOLT   JOHNSON

SUBS

STEER

FRANCOMB

NELSON

FOX

MARTIN

JACKSON

Martin on the bench as Holt wont be fit for the 90 so Martin can replace him and be our outlet

[quote user="Lincs Canary"]Korey Smith?[/quote]Ah right.Korey Smith would be wasted at right back, in my opinion.

Yh i meant Korey as he has played there a few times and think it would be good to give him some game time there incase an injury occurs to R.Martin i think Lambo would go for Korey there over Francomb. It would be far more sensible to get another right back in for cover and let Korey get on with his midfield role but doesnt look like happenin at the min!

I think i''d like to see us play a near full strength side so that we can build some confidence, judging by fridays performance the team need some minutes under their belt.

Ruddy

Martin Askou Ward Drury

Fox

Smith Surman

Hoolahan

Martin Johnson

Personally I think Askou will turn out to be a much better player than Nelson at this level and should be bedded into the side asap, and Ward given time, will prove why he''s been in this division for years. Korey Smith in for Andrew Crofts (international duty) and I think it''s safe to just bring Holt in for 45 minutes at half time if he''s not 100% fit.

I expect Holt to get more match time, and probably to start. Ward needs match time, and perhaps Jackson. The latter could perhaps kickstart his goal scoring.

Korey could well be introduced at some point, and perhaps Gill.

If all goes well, i.e. we are not trailing, some first teamers could be let off early to save them for Saturday and a heavy month of fixtures.

From all of which I find it very difficult to speculate on what team may start and what team finish. As others point out, not even Ruddy is safe. In fact perhaps only Steven Smith is definitely ruled out from the first team squad!

Rudd

Francomb Askou Nelson Drury

Smith

Crofts                              Surman

McNamee

Johnson           Jackson

Crofts is playing an international friendly, and Jackson isn''t allowed to play apparently.

[quote user="morty"]Jackson isn''t allowed to play I don''t think.
[/quote]

Why wouldn''t he be? He''s our player!

Cody won''t be allowed though.

[quote user="Larry David"]

[quote user="morty"]Jackson isn''t allowed to play I don''t think.[/quote]

[/quote]No idea, someone else said on another thread, which is why I have said "I don''t think"They could, of course, be completely wrong, I haven''t bothered to research it myself.

[quote user="morty"][quote user="Larry David"]

[quote user="morty"]Jackson isn''t allowed to play I don''t think.
[/quote]

[/quote]

No idea, someone else said on another thread, which is why I have said "I don''t think"

They could, of course, be completely wrong, I haven''t bothered to research it myself.
[/quote]

Gentlemans agreement between Hessenthaler and Lambert

http://www.kentonline.co.uk/kentonline/sport/2010/august/9/simeon_jackson.aspx

[quote user="Canary Wharf Canary"][quote user="morty"][quote user="Larry David"]

[quote user="morty"]Jackson isn''t allowed to play I don''t think.[/quote]

[/quote]No idea, someone else said on another thread, which is why I have said "I don''t think"They could, of course, be completely wrong, I haven''t bothered to research it myself.[/quote]

Gentlemans agreement between Hessenthaler and Lambert

http://www.kentonline.co.uk/kentonline/sport/2010/august/9/simeon_jackson.aspx

[/quote]Says here that Jackson could play :-http://www.pinkun.com/content/pinkun/norwich-city/story.aspx?brand=PINKUNOnline&category=Norwich&tBrand=PINKUNOnline&tCategory=xDefault&itemid=NOED09%20Aug%202010%2011:42:25:023&utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=facebook

[quote user="Canary Wharf Canary"]I can''t see where it says that. I guess Archant have changed the article and posted the new one having read my link :-)[/quote]Hahaha, I just went back and read and it would appear they have lol.