Sign in to follow this  
Willmeister

Francomb

This isn''t another slander post at R. Martin, but going by the general consensus, if we do look short at RB, rather than go into the loan market why not give Francomb a go. I think he will be a very good player, and the few games he played for us last season seemed solid and ran the line well.

[quote user="Willmeister"]This isn''t another slander post at R. Martin, but going by the general consensus, if we do look short at RB, rather than go into the loan market why not give Francomb a go. I think he will be a very good player, and the few games he played for us last season seemed solid and ran the line well.
[/quote]

I think he deserves a run-out....He looks a good prospect.

[quote user="Mello Yello"]

[quote user="Willmeister"]This isn''t another slander post at R. Martin, but going by the general consensus, if we do look short at RB, rather than go into the loan market why not give Francomb a go. I think he will be a very good player, and the few games he played for us last season seemed solid and ran the line well.
[/quote]

I think he deserves a run-out....He looks a good prospect.

[/quote]

By the way...

That reply was just to get my post-count up to 8,300....Oops! Wahay! It''s now 8,301!

Francomb should start against Gills and if he has a confident performance give him a start against Scunthorpe.

I have only seen him play once, Gillingham away in the JPT last year. And he really wasn''t great, but then he is about 18 (?) so wasn''t really expecting a cracking peformance. He was very hesitant on the ball, and didn''t know what to do with it when he had it.

However I hear he has played very well in pre seasons?

I for one, would also love to see him play tomorrow night, see how good he is. [:)]

Although I do feel Russell Martin is getting alot more criticism than he deserves. He made 1 mistake, and suddenly he is awful? I thoughht he was certainly bettter than Ward, who was disgustingly bad. If Martin is dropped, then so must Ward be!

[quote user="Brendo "]

I have only seen him play once, Gillingham away in the JPT last year. And he really wasn''t great, but then he is about 18 (?) so wasn''t really expecting a cracking peformance. He was very hesitant on the ball, and didn''t know what to do with it when he had it.

I for one, would also love to see him play tomorrow night, see how good he is. [:)]

Although I do feel Russell Martin is getting alot more criticism than he deserves. He made 1 mistake, and suddenly he is awful? I thoughht he was certainly bettter than Ward, who was disgustingly bad. If Martin is dropped, then so must Ward be!

[/quote]

Nelson was worse than Ward, so we should be dropping all three of them?

Why not. [:D]

For me, Nelson wasn''t that bad. I mean he defended ok, just made a silly error for the third, which Ward turned his back on the shot (as well as the first), which is just awful.

Nelson and Askou for me please.

@ Pabs

I agree with that, he''s a good player and a young lad with a good temper. Give him a run out at Gillingham first , he''s breathing down R Martin''s neck!

A month ago I mentioned something about why not give Francomb a chance, and all of you told me he was not good enough. Have everybody changed their minds on him?

[quote user="Ole"]A month ago I mentioned something about why not give Francomb a chance, and all of you told me he was not good enough. Have everybody changed their minds on him?[/quote]No one has seen enough of him to make an informed decision.This is more about the anti Russel Martin bandwagon, to be honest.

[quote user="Brendo "]

Why not. [:D]

For me, Nelson wasn''t that bad. I mean he defended ok, just made a silly error for the third, which Ward turned his back on the shot (as well as the first), which is just awful.

Nelson and Askou for me please.

[/quote]

And was at fault for the 2nd by running away from Graham instead of alongside him

[quote user="morty"][quote user="Ole"]A month ago I mentioned something about why not give Francomb a chance, and all of you told me he was not good enough. Have everybody changed their minds on him?
[/quote]

No one has seen enough of him to make an informed decision.

This is more about the anti Russel Martin bandwagon, to be honest.
[/quote]

I''m not anti-... (anybody) , I just think it''s agood idea to try your options. lambert tried out Korey, Adiyemi,... One of the reasons why we did so well! I just feel it''s a good thing to give him a go.

[quote user="Brendo "]

[/quote]

I don''t think that is the case.  Lots of people last season, including myself, didn''t think he was very good and his performance the other night which was also poor has just confirmed this for a lot of people.

His performance the other night was far from poor and much better than was seen at times last season.

It seems people are unable to make their own minds up and follow like sheep.

"Lots of people last season, including myself, didn''t think he was very good"

I can agree with that but I vcannot agree that he was poor the other night. It seems now that he has becaome the player to have a go at, regardless of how he played.

........ he was poor last season, we lost, therefore he must have been poor and to blame .......

I am more than happy for francomb to play. After seeing him last year i am confident that he is better than Martin already and have no doubt he could be a class act for the club. I would have him in there on Tuesday and see how he does

[quote user="morty"][quote user="Ole"]A month ago I mentioned something about why not give Francomb a chance, and all of you told me he was not good enough. Have everybody changed their minds on him?[/quote]No one has seen enough of him to make an informed decision.This is more about the anti Russel Martin bandwagon, to be honest.[/quote]im not anti R.Martin either but i dont think he is go0d enough for the championship

[quote user="city-till-i-die"][quote user="morty"][quote user="Ole"]A month ago I mentioned something about why not give Francomb a chance, and all of you told me he was not good enough. Have everybody changed their minds on him?[/quote]No one has seen enough of him to make an informed decision.This is more about the anti Russel Martin bandwagon, to be honest.[/quote]im not anti R.Martin either but i dont think he is go0d enough for the championship[/quote]To be fair, we have seen him in one game in the Championship though, you can''t judge players on what they did a season or two ago. If Lambert didn''t consider him good enough, then we would have signed someone.

[quote user="Yellow Wall"]His performance the other night was far from poor and much better than was seen at times last season. It seems people are unable to make their own minds up and follow like sheep. "Lots of people last season, including myself, didn''t think he was very good" I can agree with that but I vcannot agree that he was poor the other night. It seems now that he has becaome the player to have a go at, regardless of how he played. ........ he was poor last season, we lost, therefore he must have been poor and to blame .......[/quote]

I''m not just having a go at him because I didn''t like him last season and I want to moan for the sake of it.  I thought he was poor again.

Almost evry time he tried to link up with someone down the right he got it wrong.  The timing of his runs forward were terrible aswell.  And by that I mean it will get cleared towars the right hand side, someone like Crofts will pick it up, then that player looks like they are about to lose the ball, and then Russel Martin goes.

Those are the things that stuck out for me friday night.  The rest of his defending I think is just not up to Championship level.  Theres no reason for it, it''s just I think his defending skills are not quite to a Championship standard.

I can appreciate that is your opinion even though I do not agree with you. Time will tell.

One other thing, make no mistake I have no problem with Francomb playing against Gillingham, in fact I think it would be good experience for him. We must try to develop our own players as much as we can. But based on what I saw last season I still feel he has a way to go to make the first team. Hopefully that''s for the future but we must not be too impatient.

saw francombe in the lincoln friendly and thought he was better than the rest of the team except askou. but it was only a friendly kick-about.