Sign in to follow this  
First Wizard

Should Worthy Go?.

If he stays we are down , the it will be alright , the win will come , keep doing what we are doing. Wrong what we are doing is nowhere near good enough. To give us the smallest chance of survival i say ... GO .

Unless Worthington sorts out his team selections and tactics he may well have to go.
He is forever falling out with players, making our team suffer as we havn''t got the best players in our squad out on the pitch. And it is him that is costing us games this season.
He is tactically naive, and can''t see what every fan sees. He believes that sticking to the same team will get us the points - which it won''t.

Hasn''t he seen how Charlton easily got the ball down our left? We are forever conceeding crosses because Huckerby doesn''t defend. So why play him on the wing? He needs to be up front.
Simon Charlton at centre back is supposed to lead the way in keeping us up. How is someone who has played at left back all his career going to keep us up when hes playing as a centre back?
Helveg, always plays centre back, and he excels in that position, yet doesn''t get a look in.
Holt - been poor this season, yet hes the first name on the sheet.
Jonson - a striker by trade, but plays on the right wing. Thats now two strikers we have playing as wingers.
Mulryne and Safri - Mulryne finally had a chance - all 25 minutes. Safri hasnt even had a look in for a long long time. Yet both players are much better than Gary Holt.

He is a good divison one manager, but he just doesn''t cut it as a premiership manager. Sorry, but it''s the truth.

Theres probably more faults, but i can''t think right now.

[quote]Rob Henry, give me 5 reasons why worthy shouldn''t be given more time?[/quote]

Plays players out of position

Falls out with players constantly AND lets it effect the team

Picks the team with favouritism and not ability

Cant motivate the team

Bad in the transfer market

You didnt ask me, but meh. 

No!  He has a lot to learn for sure but sacking him now would play into the hands of our rivals I believe.  As a club, looking at the bigger picture over the next few years, we would do well to give him the chance to bring us back up if we don''t stay up this season...after all he''s done it once before there''s no reason why he can''t again, even though it would be far from a foregone conclusion, but I think he deserves the chance.

One of the big things in his favour is his relationship with the board from the point of view of openness between them - that''s partly why we have a solid foundation to build upon now.  If in doubt look at what is happening at several other clubs, e.g. Portsmouth where Milan Mandaric is going against his own manager to interview (and presumably then appoint) a director of football, and at Southampton where Rupert Lowe has awarded himself his own monogrammed tracksuit and prances about their training ground keeping an eye (I would imagine) on Steve Wigley and making a prat of himself in so doing.

Worthy has an unenviable job trying to achieve our Premiership survival with meagre resources to bolster the squad and limited quality/experience as regards the players he already has.  Yes, I know he bought some of them but, interestingly, even Paul Jewell (who has masses more cash available to him than even we do) said yesterday that he hasn''t brought anyone in lately because there simply aren''t the players of quality around anymore that he can afford.  Those with the quality he is looking for generally go to one of the big four or five...so it isn''t easy.  (Before anyone says they would want Worthy''s job, on his money, etc. etc. I suggest you think about what he actually has to do and whether you could stand the pressure of making the decisions he has to, trying to be all things to all people, as well as facing the media and taking all the flak when things go wrong.  I know I wouldn''t want to do it, not for all the tea in China.  Perhaps some of you would genuinely like to try and think you might do a better job, and you might be right.  Who knows?)

One year ago we were just daring to believe that we could get a play-off place or, with some luck and a good run, an automatic promotion place.  Funny how things can change in such a short space of time.  Never thought I would write this on here but it really is time to KEEP THE FAITH in more ways than one.

In a word, no.

BUT I do think he has to look at his team selection and their performances. Like another user on this thread said, the fans can see it, why can''t he? We all sigh, boo etc. at the same time, so it is happening!!

I think he needs back up from someone with a bit of tactic knowledge, but who I don''t know!!

[quote]Rob Henry, give me 5 reasons why worthy shouldn''t be given more time?[/quote]

Ok Spud.

1. Tactical naivety

2. Playing players out of position

3. Playing players out of form

4. Holding grudges against players for sake of himself and not the team

5. Not using summer transfer kitty wisely

6. Favouritism

7. Not recognising underperformance and using same excuses every week

8. Inept use of substitutions

9. Lack of motivation

10. Doesnt admit to his mistakes

Will this do Spud?

[quote]Plays players out of position Falls out with players constantly AND lets it effect the team Picks the team with favouritism and not ability Cant motivate the team Bad in the transfer market Yo...[/quote]

Can''t motivate the team hey, so why do we always play better in the second half, clearly because of his half time team talk, come on think about it

[quote]Plays players out of position Falls out with players constantly AND lets it effect the team Picks the team with favouritism and not ability Cant motivate the team Bad in the transfer market Yo...[/quote]

Can''t motivate the team hey, so why do we always play better in the second half, clearly because of his half time team talk, come on think about it

[quote]Can''t motivate the team hey, so why do we always play better in the second half, clearly because of his half time team talk, come on think about it[/quote]

But if he was motivating the team properly we would be playing like that for the entire game .

Oh, and NOT coming out constantly asking us to.

[quote]Can''t motivate the team hey, so why do we always play better in the second half, clearly because of his half time team talk, come on think about it[/quote]

So spud why does he not motivate them to play from the first whistle?

No

We all have rough patches in our working roles from time to time. He''s going through one right now. But not a reason to sack him.

Two weeks ago, Charlton fans were calling for Curbishley''s head.

But for some hard luck, we''d have 4 or 5 more points on the board and all would be well.

But should be reviewed after January.

Errrmm!....I used to be indecisive, now I''m not so sure!

He should stay at this moment in time, but with some assistance from a seasoned and currently unemployed pro manager...(to help organise the tactics, squad and the backroom staff. OTBC ;~)

OH! I think somethings amiss, Flem (Club Captain) & the(Veteran) Charltons handbags with each other  against Blackburn and then (Immature) Bentleys "AVE IT!" We need to nip it in the bud Now! Starting to show the cracks methinks.

But that''s just my thoughts....

Not yet, If things are not improved by Jan then the only person I think is worthy (no pun intended) and available to halt the slump is Strachan. However its probably not best practice to allow Worthy to blow our budget in Jan if he''s not going to be there the next month..

(BTW - according to a Birmingham scout (ex city player) Jonson was offered to Bongo FC for £600,000, all in, which they turned down. A few weeks later we blunder in with a £1m bid..) - not encouraging is it..

Anyway, we''ll win against Soton and we can all start smiling again

OTBC