Sign in to follow this  
Lurd

Clint Easton > Jim Brennan > Simon Lappin > Andrew Surman

Will we always have a lightweight pretty boy who isn''t quite fast enough to play on the wing, but not strong enough to play at full back or in the middle?

Give Surman a chance, Wes is a lot more lightweight in my opinion but people don''t seem to moan about that very often when he is playing a killer pass or beating his marker with a trick or two.

OTBC

surman will star this season, hes a lad with real quality.

everybody seems to think that surman will just turn up, sprint down the wing and whip in crosses. he wouldnt have cost so much for wolves if he was an ''average pretty boy''. he played many simple little balls which worked, infact he had a part to play in the first goal.

its been 90 minutes, give it time!

[quote user="Oli Oli Oli Oli"]

surman will star this season, hes a lad with real quality.

everybody seems to think that surman will just turn up, sprint down the wing and whip in crosses. he wouldnt have cost so much for wolves if he was an ''average pretty boy''. he played many simple little balls which worked, infact he had a part to play in the first goal.

its been 90 minutes, give it time!

[/quote]

[Y]

Personally, from watching the game friday it was evident that Surman has quality on the ball. Unfortunately, the whole team just didn''t quite click together. Like other posters have said, you can''t judge on one game!

Clint Easton had his moments, the cross for McVeigh against Wolves being the stand out for me. Nevertheless the bloke was a complete bell end. As for comparing him to Surman and others, the guy is nowhere near. If he''d concentrated on his football rather than poncing about in Time with Kenton, then perhaps he wouldn''t be scratching around the lower echelons of football now.

[quote user="Larry David"]Will we always have a lightweight pretty boy who isn''t quite fast enough to play on the wing, but not strong enough to play at full back or in the middle?[/quote]Clint Easton was pretty? I thought he looked like Ralf Little.

Surman is evidently a cultured player, who has more to offer than lappin.   Everyone played poorly, its a new team  in a higher league.Stop panicking and making sweeping judegements on the basis of one game.  Watford won''t play like that again this season.

He isn''t a winger? Fox,, Crofts and Surman (and Lappin, Smith and Rusty last season) are a middle three, yes they may go out wide, but were not playing them as wingers.......And can people give up moaning, or go and support the binners please.....

Surman will be a massive player for norwich. He is more than capable of playin the left wing or in the middle. Who cares if he hasnt got blistering pace, and he isnt a massive lightweight. He can hold his own and will be one of our better players this season, i''m certain

Althogh I thought a Surman was one of the poorest players out there Friday night, he did show the odd glimpse that he is a very good player.  Give him time.  I''m sure he will become good and miles better than Hoolahan.

We have Anthony McNamee, who could play as a very pacy left winger. However, Lambert appears to want to play a certain system to accommodate Wes Hoolihan, so I presume he believes that Surman should occupy the left of the diamond. 

By the way, Larry, we have had a quick left winger since Clint easton''s time. Some bloke called Huckerby.

[quote user="LinkNR9"]By the way, Larry, we have had a quick left winger since Clint easton''s time. Some bloke called Huckerby.[/quote]I was going to post that after seeing the OP.  He lists the left wingers that we had for 4 of the last 9 years, he misses the one we had for the other 5!  But, facts like that get in the way of a good moan.

Surman was excellent against Newcastle and Everton.

In relation to those games, last Friday was a very disappointing performance.

Over the course of the season I reckon he''ll do well.

Surman is proven at this level, he showed great quality in the friendlies and at times during the Watford game. I have a lot of time for Lappin and he is fantastic squad player but for me Surman represents a massive step up in quality which is required if we are to make an impression this season. (I reckon Smudger might have a say on this one!)

Surman has a sublime touch; watch out for some magnificent flicks and cleverly disguised reverse through-balls!

Get Simeon Jackson & Chris Martin anticipating those effectively and we''ll soon be in the scoring business.