Sign in to follow this  
Butterbean_Canary

Re: Helloooo I am allowed to play tomorrow night Mr P Lambert !!!

I read through the post a couple of times. I get what he''s talking about. But I have no idea of the point he''s trying to make..

Well if he just said that he would like to have seen Jackson, and Cody play too, then I might understand. Why the rest of the crap though? [:S]

[quote user="Mustachio Furioso"]

[quote user="Butterbean_Canary"]I 2nd Captain Holts very well documented sum up[/quote]

Hmmmm, I could probably top that...

[/quote]

Might I be so bold as to 3rd or 4th that?

[quote user="WeAreYellows49"][quote user="Mustachio Furioso"]

[quote user="Butterbean_Canary"]I 2nd Captain Holts very well documented sum up[/quote]

Hmmmm, I could probably top that...

[/quote]

Might I be so bold as to 3rd or 4th that?

[/quote]

I''ll  ''5th'' it!!!

[quote user="Delias Devonshire Dirtbox"]I''ll just tell the original poster to shut up! and stop acting like a little bitch![/quote]

Straight to the point lol

I agree with the OP regarding Jackson, what the hell more do Gillingham want?. We seemingly had to throw McDonald in to sign him , and now we aren''t allowed to play him against them, ......oh yes and I almost forget the 600k we had to pay. What else?, do they want our gold fillings and the shirts of our backs ?!?. It''s hardly uncommon for a player to come up against his former side early on after signing for a new club, I can''t think this ''agreement'' has to happen each time elsewhere ??

Was the original poster trying to be humorous?

Because they fail miserably and sound like a twat.

Neither Cody nor Jacko need to be risked in this game. With all due respect to both ourselves and Gillingham, this is a nothing competition. At best, we could make a quick buck from it, but to use a tired old cliche'', ''tis the league which is more important. Why risk either player if they were available? If it was the FA Cup I''d understand, though largely that still comes under my theory about the league being more important. Don''t get me wrong, I''d love to win and face a big team in the next round. But ultimately, as soon as we get knocked out of round 2, or 3 if we are lucky, we''ll never even talk about the competition again.

[quote user="GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary"]

Why would we be ''risking'' Jackson?, he''s our player!, and I think it would be fair to say that he needs a goal in his new colours, even if it was against his former team.

[/quote]He has another 45 league games to get his name on the score sheet in games that''ll mean a damn site more than a 1st round Carling cup match against a League 2 outfit. He''s got plenty of time I''d say.

I think the suggested risk is that Simeon Jackson could get crocked playing in a fairly unimportant game and 3 league points may be more valuable from a Norwich perpective?

Personally, I''d rather see him get his shooting boots on and find the back of the net whilst wearing yellow. The sooner the better.

[quote user="GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary"]I''ll ask again.........what exactly is the risk?[/quote]Injury. Suspension. The plague. We''ve got Scunthorpe on Saturday for him to test out these shooting boots he supposedly has.

Are you applying this specifically to Jackson or to all of the first team players?, after Friday night i would suggest that the first XI (or as close to) should even more so play and get a win under their belts.  Holt is probably the only one not worth risking.

Jackson, as per the original discussion of the topic. I agree they could do with a win under their belts and could use a chance a play, but against a league 2 side? They''d benefit much more from doing so against a Championship side such as Scunthorpe. Even if they lose that game, there''s still 44 league games left anyway.