Sign in to follow this  
lappinitup

We missed the Doc!

[quote user="kdncfc"]Getting rid of Doherty was the right decision, problem is we don''t yet know whether or not Ward is good enough to replace him. Ward has been around the Championship for a while and has been ok so I''m hopeful he will get better, wish I could say the same of Nelson but I just don''t see him being quick enough to cope.
[/quote]

So is Nelly a better player than Doc  kdncfc?

We brought in 7 new players, and Friday was their first competitive game together. We won the second half of the game as they seemed to gel, so that was a big positive. hopefully we''ll move onwards and upwards from now on.

Just a couple of points about the much maligned Doc.

Loyalty - why is it that any Norwich player should''t be allowed to better himself - so long as they give their all while they are wearing the yellow and green, well that''s all we can ask. The days of one player, one club are well and truly gone.

The Championship relegation season - all this "the Doc was found out" what does that say about all the other shower of 5hite that played in that team.

At least Doc and Rusty have had experience at this level I feel more should have been done to secure their services for at least one more year.

[quote user="Wings of a sparrow"]

The Championship relegation season - all this "the Doc was found out" what does that say about all the other shower of 5hite that played in that team.

[/quote]They were found out too. Thats why hardly any of them are still at NCFC.

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

[quote user="kdncfc"]Getting rid of Doherty was the right decision, problem is we don''t yet know whether or not Ward is good enough to replace him. Ward has been around the Championship for a while and has been ok so I''m hopeful he will get better, wish I could say the same of Nelson but I just don''t see him being quick enough to cope.[/quote]

[/quote]No Nelson is not a better player than Doc imo Nutty,  given the choice I''d rather have kept Doc than Nelson but I would have preferred us to have offloaded the pair of them tbh. Doc has ended up playing for a league one side, if he was that good he would have been snapped up by a Championship club. If we want to progress in this division we need to have better players than either of them playing in the centre of defence,  I really fear for us when we come up against the better teams and just hope Lambert can improve things before it gets to painful.

Docherty, even to the most stupid of our "fans" was evidently not good enough.Nelson is slow, we knew that, but he had to play because none of our other three central defenders is match fit, and Ward is the most match fit so had to play.Its one game FFS, get a grip, its going to be a long, tough season so get used to it.

Oh well.. I guess I''m one of those stupid fans then[:''(]

But what I''m struggling to understand from all you Einstein fans is this :-

If,'' as most of you Einstein fans seem to agree, Doc is a better player than Nelson, how did we not miss Doc when you reckon circumstances dictated we played Nelson on Friday[:^)]

Big difference of opinion with you on this Persnickety and thats fair enough but i''d still defend my view on the subject. Yes i do remember the Brentford game and honestly my first opinion of Whitbread that day was that he looked shakey and he''s looked worse in the two games i''ve seen him in since then. I know we got the win against Brentford but i really thought he was the weakest link. It was his debut granted but he was woeful against Stockport.I think that Doc gave you 7/8 out of 10 every week and i can''t agree with you that he''s been shown up in the championship over the years, honestly that kind of comment is what always winds me up when Doc is being discussed cause its just not true.I''ve been very unimpressed with Ward in the three games i''ve seen him and that worries me cause i thought he''d be decent (which he hopefully turns out to be). Him and Nelson are not good enough as a pairing. Bury yellow said he''d rather go with PL''s judgement on this and not the posters on here. Well hows about we go with the views of the professional footballers who voted Doc in there team of the season, or do they know nothing either? Because my beef with this is Doc is better than Nelson, and yet Lambert has weakened us by getting shot of the better player and i think this comes down to a bit of face saving or whatever you want to call it by PL. I''ve no problem with getting rid of Doc if you bring in someone better, we haven''t.

BTW even by your standards of dumbness to put it politely Yank that -6 compared to -1 is just about the most pointless post stupid post ever. - shaker

That''s because you are a simp, shaker, you limey sis.

Many comments conclude Ward is krap based on 1 game. I illustrated how senseless that is to anyone with a few working synapses, you chump.

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

[quote user="kdncfc"]Getting rid of Doherty was the right decision, problem is we don''t yet know whether or not Ward is good enough to replace him. Ward has been around the Championship for a while and has been ok so I''m hopeful he will get better, wish I could say the same of Nelson but I just don''t see him being quick enough to cope.
[/quote]

[/quote]

The current NCFC manager, seems to think so.....

And he''s given him the Captain''s armband.....nice.

[quote user="Mello Yello"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Looks like kdncfc has a mind of his own....

And disagrees..... brave.

[quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="Mello Yello"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Looks like kdncfc has a mind of his own....

And disagrees..... brave.

[/quote]

You only defend the Doc coz Worthy signed him.....Pure and simple. FACT! Are you a better judge than blinkered Lambo?

Why did Lambert get rid then? Because he certainly didn''t offer the Doc another contract for him to turn down...

Why didn''t Lambo want the DOC? Doc, was the players choice in the league awards...Is Lambert stoopid?

[quote user="Shaker"]

Because my beef with this is Doc is better than Nelson, and yet Lambert has weakened us by getting shot of the better player and i think this comes down to a bit of face saving or whatever you want to call it by PL. I''ve no problem with getting rid of Doc if you bring in someone better, we haven''t.

[/quote]

Ward may turn out to be the player we think he is, i.e. a slightly superior Doherty.  It was clear once Lambert came in that Doc''s days were over, and if (as rumoured) he was on £8k a week, those wages could have been used to lure Fox, Crofts, Surman to Carrow Road (Russell''s, Cureton''s and Doherty''s wages would have been significant when combined).Doc is clearly a better player than Nelson, but not eight times better, and if Nelson''s on £1k a week and Doc was on £8k then you can see the financial imperative behind the decision.  I think it''s more likely Lambert and Doc had a personality clash and that was that.

Regardless of our opinion of Docs, his departure was crucial to freshening us up. He had more than enough opportunities to prove his worth in the Championship. He mostly failed. Hes found his division, be happy for him.

[quote user="Thecanaryfan"]Regardless of our opinion of Docs, his departure was crucial to freshening us up. He had more than enough opportunities to prove his worth in the Championship. He mostly failed. Hes found his division, be happy for him.[/quote]But if Doc''s "natural" division is League One, and Doc''s a better player than Nelson, why is Nelson playing for us in the Championship?

[quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="Thecanaryfan"]Regardless of our opinion of Docs, his departure was crucial to freshening us up. He had more than enough opportunities to prove his worth in the Championship. He mostly failed. Hes found his division, be happy for him.[/quote]

But if Doc''s "natural" division is League One, and Doc''s a better player than Nelson, why is Nelson playing for us in the Championship?
[/quote]

That''s where you join the stoopid brigade Mister. It don''t make sense to me either.

But anyway, Doc was on high wages and his contract ran out. Crucially, the club held the years option because I assume that meant if Doc stayed he stayed on the same terms. I doubt he''s on that much at Charlton because they could negotiate from a fresh start. I''m sure you''re right and Lambert could do plenty more with wages freed up by Cureton, Doc and Russell. All three must have been on very high wages. All three were here when we still had parachute money.

I would imagine ultimately the first choice pairing will be Ward and Whitbread because these are the two centrebacks signed by Lambert to play in the Championship. When they finally get together they should compliment eachother and form a decent partnership. Whitbread is the only left footed centreback. For the whole of last season and again Friday one of the right footed centrebacks had to play left side. This was usually Askou or Nelson last season.

So, when Ward and Whitbread get fit and form a partnership I doubt we''ll miss Doc. But on Friday night I think we did. That''s all I stupidly wanted to say.