Sign in to follow this  
lappinitup

We missed the Doc!

[quote user="lappinitup"][:''(][:''(][:''(][/quote]ummmmm NO!!! 

we could say also....we miss Earnmore, Ashton.. and on and on and on................ he had a good season in league 1...and a league 1 side signed him..this says it all Lapps imho[Y]

[quote user="city-till-i-die"]

[quote user="lappinitup"][:''(][:''(][:''(][/quote]ummmmm NO!!! 

we could say also....we miss Earnmore, Ashton.. and on and on and on................ he had a good season in league 1...and a league 1 side signed him..this says it all Lapps imho[Y]

[/quote]

Ummmmmmmmm YES we did!

Ward was a liability and Nelson was too slow!

Like I said over and over and will continue to do so when asked about it, the Doc was a good quality CB. OK he wasn''t a worldbeater but to replace him we would have to sign a very good CB, which I hope Ward becomes but on the evidence so far has to improve a lot to get anywhere near!

The Doc is more relevent than the players you mention cause he was in the team at the end of last season!

Based on tonights performance we definitely missed him. The goal aside, I thought nelson was poor and ward didn''t exactly inspire me with confidence. Whether this is a direct consequence of Doc not being present is debatable, what isn''t is that we need to improve our defence and quickly.

I''m not sure if, over the course of the season, he would offer more than the other centre backs we currently have, but I wasn''t impressed with Nelson or Ward tonight, for the reasons stated. Ward looked a bit dodgy and made a few errors, and Nelson''s lack of pace was very concerning.

ward didnt look fit to me and nelson was what nelson is and thats a stopper, was always going to be in trouble with any quick forward, i felt that Drury and Martin caused us more problems then Nelson and ward did, with the formation that we play Drury and martin were pushing into wing back positions but neither is good enough to carry that out leaving us with all sort of problems at the back, hate to say it but i felt we missed Russell more than the doc tonight !!

we did miss the doc.. elliott ward made him look like franz beckenbaur .. there is no getting away from it letting doc go was a mistake

absolute rubbish, given time ward and whitbread will both prove to be far better than the doc.

[quote user="pennywise "]

we did miss the doc.. elliott ward made him look like franz beckenbaur .. there is no getting away from it letting doc go was a mistake

[/quote]To be fair PW im not sure Ward is 100% fit as yet....im sure we will see the best of him....and with doc the guy was a liability..how many pens/free kicks did he give away when he got turned inside out in the championship??? lol   i do agree we need pace in the CB position and i think Whitbread will add this when fit[Y]

[quote user="pennywise "]

[/quote]

Agree totally!

Ward looks like a struggler nothing to do with couldn''t be bothered!

[quote user="city-till-i-die"][quote user="pennywise "]

[/quote]To be fair PW im not sure Ward is 100% fit as yet....im sure we will see the best of him....and with doc the guy was a liability..how many pens/free kicks did he give away when he got turned inside out in the championship??? lol   i do agree we need pace in the CB position and i think Whitbread will add this when fit[Y][/quote]

i don''t know how many penaltys doc gave away but i''m sure someone on here researched it and it was something like 3 in 5 years.. ok its only one game emotions are running high but that defensive showing tonight was poor by anyones standards

[quote user="pennywise "]i don''t know how many penaltys doc gave away but i''m sure someone on here researched it and it was something like 3 in 5 years..[/quote]Yep.

[quote user="pennywise "][quote user="city-till-i-die"][quote user="pennywise "]

[/quote]To be fair PW im not sure Ward is 100% fit as yet....im sure we will see the best of him....and with doc the guy was a liability..how many pens/free kicks did he give away when he got turned inside out in the championship??? lol   i do agree we need pace in the CB position and i think Whitbread will add this when fit[Y][/quote]

i don''t know how many penaltys doc gave away but i''m sure someone on here researched it and it was something like 3 in 5 years.. ok its only one game emotions are running high but that defensive showing tonight was poor by anyones standards

[/quote]ok bad example lol....he did get caught to tight or on the wrong side alot tho.... Tranmere mistake springs to mind lol....yes totally agree our defence was not good...like i said Whitbread will bring the pace we need...also we defo need a pacey RB

[quote user="pennywise "][quote user="city-till-i-die"][quote user="pennywise "]

[/quote]

Three in all his time here and one of those was later ruled out. He was also our quickest centre back. I thought we missed him today but he''s gone and we have to look forward. He was probably too expensive to re-sign. The club held a years option on his contract so as I understand it couldn''t offer him anything else but the terms he was on.

Nelson looked poor at times today just as he did early last season. He''s probably better suited to the heavier pitches in the winter months. I''m not going to write off Ward after just one game either.

But with the Doc gone one thing is certain.. some fans are going to have to find a new scapegoat. Will it be Nelly or Ruddy[:^)] Probably Ruddy Nelly but time will tell[O]

[quote user="nevermind"]yes a pacey right back like otsemobor[/quote]yes lets resign him lol....a footballing RB there are a few good free ones avalible imho

If it was a choice between Martin Taylor or Gary Doherty to be in our back four.....I''d have Taylor, he was top notch tonight and he was a rock when he was here on loan...

.....hindsight....

I can think of four pens given away by doc, I''m sure there are more too:

1 v charlton in a 2-0 defeat shortly before grant was fired

1 v wolves when we won 5-2

1 v Bristol city

1 v Swansea for a foul on Scotland.

Not saying we did or didn''t miss him, but that stat of three pens is made up

[quote user="Mello Yello"]

If it was a choice between Martin Taylor or Gary Doherty to be in our back four.....I''d have Taylor, he was top notch tonight and he was a rock when he was here on loan...

.....hindsight....

[/quote]

To be fair MY I think everyone wanted him back after his loan period and it was only the agreement on transfer fee with Birmingham that stopped the move happening.

[quote user="Legend Iwan"][quote user="Mello Yello"]

.....hindsight....

[/quote]

To be fair MY I think everyone wanted him back after his loan period and it was only the agreement on transfer fee with Birmingham that stopped the move happening.

[/quote]i think we did agree a fee, then that biach Brady changed her mind

[quote user="Canary Wharf Canary"]I can think of four pens given away by doc, I''m sure there are more too: 1 v charlton in a 2-0 defeat shortly before grant was fired 1 v wolves when we won 5-2 1 v Bristol city 1 v Swansea for a foul on Scotland. Not saying we did or didn''t miss him, but that stat of three pens is made up[/quote]

I''m not sure but he might be working to the idea that one of them (I think Bristol) doesn''t count because replays showed the decision was incorrect and he had his red card overturned. To be fair quite a lot of us knew it wasn''t a penalty at the time, just not the paid officials.

It was just one of those things people used to discredit a player they chose to dislike. They went on about the number of penalties he gave away, which was an exaggeration. They moaned about the freekicks around the box and grabbing hold of his man, the thing is....all the other defenders at the club are going to be doing the same things all season long and they''ll give away just as many fouls. We''ll probably find that one player (likely to be Nelson) receives far more criticism for it than any of his colleagues who commit the same offences. That tends to be the way Norwich fans (or some of them) operate.

I agree with that, I have always been a doc fan, just pointing out I don''t think the 3 pens stat is correct.

I also don''t think it''s got to the point where we need to panic just yet! No need to re-sign any former players just yet, it''s only 1 game.