Sign in to follow this  
Shaun Tilly Lace

Is the Scunthorpe match already a must-win?

I think it is. No, not to avoid relegation or anything silly like that, but to kick start the season and give us a chance of making the play-offs. Another loss will be terrible for everybody''s confidence and leave us with an uphill struggle. My pre-season optimism has evaporated to some extent and I now feel we might finish the season around mid table; although, of course, it is still very early doors.

I wouldn''t say its a must win but we must make sure its not a defeat, i''d take a draw to get a point on the board, it also depends on how we get on tomorrow against Gillingham, I think a win and a few goals will go a long way to picking us up after the Watford game.

No its not. We''ve played one game thats all. We had 1 point from a possible 9 last year and didn''t just make the top 6 but won the league by 9 points. Far too early to start panicking!!

Yes...God yes!If we don''t win I think we should just sell our squad to Portsmouth for £1, sell the ground to Barratt and leave this footballing lark alone. Damn you Lambert...damn you!

Not must win at all. By my reasoning there are 24 teams in the championship. There was only one draw at the weekend. That means that 11 teams lost at the weekend and are in a very similiar position to us. Does that mean that they all have must win games as well. If we had got thrashed 6-0 or something like that I would have been concerned. But we have shown we will score goals this season. We just need to tighten up. Whether you do that through making changes to the central defence and the keeper is a debate for the other threads on here.

"and I now feel we might finish the season around mid table."

Which will be a damn good finish if you ask me. It''s our first season in a new league, I for one would be happy with 12th. We haven''t thrown ridiculous amounts of money at players (because we don''t have it) and should be looking to consolidate in a new league.

How a second game of the season can be seen as a must win is beyond me. It''d be nice to get a win but let''s get things into perspective here, there''s a very long way to go before we start "needing" to win games.

No, it''s not a disaster even if we get hammered.....There will be 44 games for us to put it right....

Then 43 games.......Then 42......Then......

Nah, as long as we get some good cup-runs and make mega-money from those cup-runs, I don''t mind if we finish 5th bottom.

No game''s a must-win.....Coz you can always try and win the next one...

It''s just as exciting towards the end of the season struggling to survive and stay-up, than as exciting when you''re chasing promotion....

Who cares if a games a must-win.....Just enjoy the experience....and let the club rake in the wonga.

[quote user="Deliascurleypubes"]

Delusional…Top 6….

[/quote]

And what might you be up to today, young lad? [:D]

I don''t see how anyone can even loosely describe this game as a "must win" when their will still be 44 games to play after this one. [:|] DON''T PUSH THE ****ING PANIC BUTTON ALREADY!!!!

[quote user="Deliascurleypubes"]

Delusional…Top 6….

[/quote]If you think top 6 is delusional we are Tony Cottee''s pick to win the league on sky soccer saturday!

[quote user="Dan Druff"]I think it is. No, not to avoid relegation or anything silly like that, but to kick start the season and give us a chance of making the play-offs. Another loss will be terrible for everybody''s confidence and leave us with an uphill struggle. My pre-season optimism has evaporated to some extent and I now feel we might finish the season around mid table; although, of course, it is still very early doors.[/quote]Very much so.The Division Two clubs we will come up against are a very different animal to the pub teams we beat in Division Three.  Once they scent that we are still a soft touch any fear quickly dissipates.Be concerned.

Worry not.I am going, and City have never lost when I have gone to an away game.[:)]

[quote user="morty"]Worry not.

I am going, and City have never lost when I have gone to an away game.

[:)]
[/quote]

Is this your first one then?

[quote user="Dan Druff"]I think it is. No, not to avoid relegation or anything silly like that, but to kick start the season and give us a chance of making the play-offs. Another loss will be terrible for everybody''s confidence and leave us with an uphill struggle. My pre-season optimism has evaporated to some extent and I now feel we might finish the season around mid table; although, of course, it is still very early doors.[/quote]

Top 6 was never going to happen anyway.  Lots of fans got very carried away during pre season.  Mid-table would be a good season.  Lets not forget we have just been promoted so every team will see us as a great oppurtunity for 3 points.  I really hope no one starts moaning at Lambert if it starts to look like mid-table is on the cards come December.

And no, Scunthorpe isn''t a must win, it''s only the second game of the season!

[quote user="ucl-canary"]

[quote user="morty"]Worry not.I am going, and City have never lost when I have gone to an away game.[:)][/quote]

Is this your first one then?

[/quote]Don''t be stupid.[:)]

I don''t see this great gulf in quality, which some of you do, between our superb title-winning team of last season and this league we are now in, so I shall be rather disappointed if we only finish mid-table. If the players that Lambo has brought in prove to be astute buys then the team should be quite capable of challenging for one of those precious promotion places at the end of the season. Come on, City!

Simply put, no, purely because we have another 44 games after it to put it right. Contrary to what some might say about Friday night, we were far from terrible and at times played some really exciting stuff. We''re capable, no question. We can definitely beat Scunthorpe, but by the same token they''ll be far from a walkover if their performance at Reading is anything to go by. A better performance is the key to Saturday for sure, win lose or draw.

[quote user="morty"]Worry not.

I am going, and City have never lost when I have gone to an away game.

[:)]
[/quote]

You''re a lucky man Morty, I''ve been to about 15 away games in my life and am yet to see us win away. I really thought we''d break that run against Lincoln away in a Pre-Season friendly [:(]

Don''t worry though, I''m not going to Scunthorpe away.

[quote user="CallsignViper"]

[quote user="morty"]Worry not.I am going, and City have never lost when I have gone to an away game.[:)][/quote]

You''re a lucky man Morty, I''ve been to about 15 away games in my life and am yet to see us win away. I really thought we''d break that run against Lincoln away in a Pre-Season friendly [:(]

Don''t worry though, I''m not going to Scunthorpe away.

[/quote]Lol, this will be only my 3rd, but I hope to keep up my record so far.[:)]