Sign in to follow this  
dylanisabaddog

Grant Holt and the Peugeot 307

The motoring offence was in a Peugeot 307 - Holt failed to notify the Police who was driving.  He must be the only footballer around driving a 307!  Perhaps Mrs Holt was already on 9 points............

The reason he drives a 307 is probably because unlike most footballers, he looks after his money.  He has never made the big time and although he is probably a whealthy person he probably can''t afford to have really nice, expensive cars.  If he is smart like this then he will have a more comfortable life after he retires from football than a lot of players at his standard because they like to pretend they are great and drive around in flash cars. 

I find it refreshing to think this ex-Tyre Fitter turned Footballer chooses to nip about a Peugeot 307.

Some people are into cars - others are not. Personally I''d much rather have a fit, 30-goal a season player in a reasonably-priced hatchback than a duffer posing in a flashmobile!

This is from an interview with Owen Hargreaves:

"Some people say that all footballers are interested in now are possessions but that depends on how quickly satisfied you are with simple things. Material things don''t really do anything for me. When you don''t have anything, then you want everything but when you can get everything, you realise it doesn''t really do anything for you.

"You still think the same, you still feel the same. In the end, happiness comes from inside. If you are not happy with simple things, with your family or having a laugh, then you are not going to be happy because you have got a watch or a car.

"Bayern gave me an Opel, a Jeep, when I got there. I had never driven before and I thought that was unbelievable. Then I wanted a better car. Then I wanted an even better car than that until the point where I had a Porsche Turbo. But it was still just a car. It was still the same thing. It''s great to go through it but you can''t define yourself through the objects you have acquired".

Hargreaves understands that by ''externalising'' the source of your supposed happiness (in this case a car) does NOT guarantee true happiness. That lies within.

I know he is a footballer on over-inflated wages, but he came from Shrewsbury and therefore is unlucky to have millions stashed away in the vaults!

He''s beefed up his suspension and dropped in a V6 turbo-charged engine.......

Regarding what he''s done to his Pug 307 though, I haven''t a scooby?

I very much doubt there is a romantic story attached to this.. he''s a footballer ffs.

[quote user="Norfolk Mustard"]

I find it refreshing to think this ex-Tyre Fitter turned Footballer chooses to nip about a Peugeot 307.

Some people are into cars - others are not. Personally I''d much rather have a fit, 30-goal a season player in a reasonably-priced hatchback than a duffer posing in a flashmobile!

This is from an interview with Owen Hargreaves:

"Some people say that all footballers are interested in now are possessions but that depends on how quickly satisfied you are with simple things. Material things don''t really do anything for me. When you don''t have anything, then you want everything but when you can get everything, you realise it doesn''t really do anything for you.

"You still think the same, you still feel the same. In the end, happiness comes from inside. If you are not happy with simple things, with your family or having a laugh, then you are not going to be happy because you have got a watch or a car.

"Bayern gave me an Opel, a Jeep, when I got there. I had never driven before and I thought that was unbelievable. Then I wanted a better car. Then I wanted an even better car than that until the point where I had a Porsche Turbo. But it was still just a car. It was still the same thing. It''s great to go through it but you can''t define yourself through the objects you have acquired".

Hargreaves understands that by ''externalising'' the source of your supposed happiness (in this case a car) does NOT guarantee true happiness. That lies within.

[/quote]

To be fair, there is a very long way between a Peugeot 307 and a flashmobile.

I''d have thought he''s have a BMW or an Audi or Mercedes, but good for him I say.

[quote user="Boyo"]The reason he drives a 307 is probably because unlike most footballers, he looks after his money.  He has never made the big time and although he is probably a whealthy person he probably can''t afford to have really nice, expensive cars.  If he is smart like this then he will have a more comfortable life after he retires from football than a lot of players at his standard because they like to pretend they are great and drive around in flash cars. [/quote]A few years ago I saw Iwan in his Volvo, while Chris Llewellyn was driving around in his porsche.  I can tell you which of those I think is the pretender

Matt Jackson used to drive round in some right crapmobile, I think it may have been a Proton. It had sponsorship stuff all over it, so I assume he either got it for free, or pretty close to.

[quote user="Boyo''"]The reason he drives a 307 is probably because unlike most footballers, he looks after his money.  He has never made the big time and although he is probably a whealthy person he probably can''t afford to have really nice, expensive cars.  If he is smart like this then he will have a more comfortable life after he retires from football than a lot of players at his standard because they like to pretend they are great and drive around in flash cars. [/quote

He doesn''t look after it that well. If he did, he would have filled the form in, sent it back and saved quite a bit on not having to pay a much larger fine.