Sign in to follow this  
CanaryJames

Cup Games as Stubs...

Obviously, home cup games are not away matches (pointing out the obvious here!) but does anyone else think that cup matches (both home & away) should count towards stubs for away matches that are decided by ballots?

Tonight for instance, £12 is a fair whack for a relatively meaningless game, and there''s little extra incentive to attend for that price.

If the stubs could be included as ''away'' stubs, then I''m sure attendance would be much improved - if only because of people wanting to maximise their chances of getting tickets for ''bigger'' matches.

Any thoughts?

No. I''m saying £12 is quite alot to see a completely dead-rubber meaningless game, which will likely feature a fair reserve players (Gill, Francomb, etc), and be probably played at half-pace by us, in a competition that no-one is particularly bothered about anyway.

What I''m saying is if the club said cup games could be used as ''away stubs'' than alot of people who toyed with the idea of going but were put off, would go, thus increasing revenue massively.

[quote user="CanaryJames"]No. I''m saying £12 is quite alot to see a completely dead-rubber meaningless game, which will likely feature a fair reserve players (Gill, Francomb, etc), and be probably played at half-pace by us, in a competition that no-one is particularly bothered about anyway.

What I''m saying is if the club said cup games could be used as ''away stubs'' than alot of people who toyed with the idea of going but were put off, would go, thus increasing revenue massively.[/quote]So what would you consider a fair price for tonight? Bearing in mind its kids for a quid, so me, another adult and my two kids are seeing a game for a total budget of £26, which is less than one casual ticket for the game the other night?

& before I get called all kinds of things, I am going tonight. I''m just saying that for me it would make commercial sense for the club to implement a scheme like that.

I agree, £1 for kids is very reasonable, especially for someone in your position (who can get very good value for it).

But the attendance would be increased if they offered something like that. People would take advantage of what are (in comparison to league games) cheap tickets, which would in turn make the club a decent amount of cash. Thrown in people buying programmes (perhaps even more likely than usual with it being a cup game) & food, and I think there''s reason to consider it...

I''m a student, so hardly rolling in it (quite the opposite most of the time!), and £12 is money that could go towards something else. Like I said, if these stubs were considered as ''away stubs'', then there''d be an extra incentive for people who don''t necessarily have enough money to spend that much on a game like this.

I think it would help if people who went tonight were given priority on tickets if we were drawn at home in a later round to Man U. for example.

[quote user="lappinitup"]I think it would help if people who went tonight were given priority on tickets if we were drawn at home in a later round to Man U. for example.[/quote]Good idea. If anyone wants my stub from tonight £20 please....

No they shouldn''t be counted as the ten away stubs, because it wouldn''t be fair on the many fans like me who travel across the country watching us play. Going to a home cup match shows no effort that would merit it giving a person priority to the bigger away games.

[quote user="lappinitup"]I think it would help if people who went tonight were given priority on tickets if we were drawn at home in a later round to Man U. for example.[/quote]Good idea.[Y]

Also the point of the ten away stubs is to give priority to the more loyal fans, there would be far too many people if the club included home cup games and the system woulnd''t work.

As for giving priority to later rounds of the cup, surely season tickets holders (as they are currently) and members should be given priority, not those who turn up to the occassional cup match.

I travel to Norwich from the Liverpool area for home games when my term at University starts...so I''m hardly in a position where (past the 1st round of this tournament) home cup matches are easy to get to for me, so there''s no vested interest in my suggestion! I apologise to UCL if it seemed like that...

The one good thing about being based so far from Norfolk, is that many more away games are accessible!

No i wasn''t having a go at all, just basically i disagree with the idea because like you i''m at university (in London) still go to all home games and most away...but could just see me not being able to get into Scum away even though i''ve got ten away stubs because loads of people have them, due to home cup games counting!

I totally understand that, having had the exact same issue last year when I missed out (although not because of cup games obviously) on Charlton/Colchester.

''Spose just have to hope for more luck next year!