Sign in to follow this  
Dr. Ink

Zak Whitbread - What's the point?

What''s the point of Zak Whitbread? Perma-crock with no signs of getting a run of fitness. Get this sponging Septic Tank off the wage bill and get a decent Championship level CB in. Watford''s Martin Taylor made our clowns look like pub fottball CBs.

Whitbread''s had 1 year on the wages, and I can hardly recall seeing him in a game. Crocked for 1 year? He''ll be rubbish when he does get a run of games.

He''s been at the club 6 months. His recent run of injuries have been worrying, but before the injury he sustained last year had barely sustained an injury in his career. Hopefully once he can finally return to fitness he will be a valuable asset to the team, I saw him play for Liverpool reserves once and a couple of times for Milwall (where he looked a class above everyone else on the pitch).

How would you suggest we get him off the wage bill anyway? If he is so crocked surely no one would actually want to buy him.

[quote user="Bethnal Yellow and Green"]

He''s been at the club 6 months. His recent run of injuries have been worrying, but before the injury he sustained last year had barely sustained an injury in his career. Hopefully once he can finally return to fitness he will be a valuable asset to the team, I saw him play for Liverpool reserves once and a couple of times for Milwall (where he looked a class above everyone else on the pitch).

How would you suggest we get him off the wage bill anyway? If he is so crocked surely no one would actually want to buy him.

[/quote]Have him "rubbed out", dispose of the body at the Bernard Mathews factory, in the turkey drummers.And we shall never speak of him again.

[quote user="Dr. Ink"]

What''s the point of Zak Whitbread? Perma-crock with no signs of getting a run of fitness. Get this sponging Septic Tank off the wage bill and get a decent Championship level CB in. Watford''s Martin Taylor made our clowns look like pub fottball CBs.

Whitbread''s had 1 year on the wages, and I can hardly recall seeing him in a game. Crocked for 1 year? He''ll be rubbish when he does get a run of games.

[/quote]Dr.Ink, in the spirit of the club''s latest wheeze, perhaps you should VOLUNTEER to take Whitbread''s place in the squad?[;)][:D][;)] Assuming you would come a bit cheaper, that is...

[quote user="Bethnal Yellow and Green"]

[/quote]

Hve to disagree Bethnal he was actually very injury prone at both Millwall and Liverpool. There is no doubting he has the potential to be a good player but its whether we can get him off the treatment table this season

He has major potential according to people high up, just give him a chance when he''s back and who knows he could be the defender we''ve been waiting for !

[quote user="Good Touch For A Big Man"][quote user="Bethnal Yellow and Green"]

[/quote]

Hve to disagree Bethnal he was actually very injury prone at both Millwall and Liverpool. There is no doubting he has the potential to be a good player but its whether we can get him off the treatment table this season

[/quote]

Seen him play many a time for Millwall. he really is quality! he most certainly is not injury prone, his injury during last season was one of his first! a whole level above our other centre backs when fully fit!

I really think that Whitbread''s worth the bread....

He''ll be a stalwart in the squad''s defence - and makes Gary Doherty look like just an average 1st Division penalty conceding, forward fouling, clumsy clogger.....

[quote user="PurpleCanary"][quote user="Dr. Ink"]

[/quote]

Dr.Ink, in the spirit of the club''s latest wheeze, perhaps you should VOLUNTEER to take Whitbread''s place in the squad?[;)][:D][;)] Assuming you would come a bit cheaper, that is...

[/quote]

Would love to mate, but I don''t think they make shorts that big. I make John Hartson look like Peter Crouch''s twin! Perhaps they need a kind of goal blocking style defender. A team of 3 or 4 me''s on the goal line and nobody could score. 

[quote user="Dr. Ink"][quote user="PurpleCanary"][quote user="Dr. Ink"]

[/quote]Dr.Ink, in the spirit of the club''s latest wheeze, perhaps you should VOLUNTEER to take Whitbread''s place in the squad?[;)][:D][;)] Assuming you would come a bit cheaper, that is...

[/quote]

Would love to mate, but I don''t think they make shorts that big. I make John Hartson look like Peter Crouch''s twin! Perhaps they need a kind of goal blocking style defender. A team of 3 or 4 me''s on the goal line and nobody could score. 

[/quote]or just put your mum in goal

None , should have been released and a replacement bought in the summer , been here long enough to get fit by now and it looks like we bought a dud.