Sign in to follow this  
West Ham Canary

Fraser Forster

Very unlucky.

Well, having said that, "luck" might not have much to do with it.

The England squad selection is clearly not just based on merit.

Fielding was on loan at Rochdale in league 2 last season, the fact that Forster was over looked for England U21''s last season shows what a joke it is, they had Fielding who was on loan at Rochdale from Blackburn and McCarthy who was on loan at Yeovil from Reading ! I would be suprised if theres many better young keepers than Forster in England ! Forster dont settle for Newcastle''s number 3, get a move and get into the England full squad set up ! On another note i think we can safely say thats the end of Green & James England career under Capello !!!

its not unlucky!!

its ridiculous! this bloke has never played for blackburn, forster played 46+ games last season, and does not get a sniff! i''m guessing he is a pretty boy, like the rest of the team!

Well we sure are lacking in the goalkeeper department, Looks are choices for England keeper are:

Hart - Easily the best but how much football will he play ?

Foster - Interesting to see what he''s like playing prem football week in week out.

Carson - Remeber Croatia ? But lets face it he''s in a big group of England goalkeepers to make a big mistake !

Kirkland - Way to injury prone to rely on !

Good luck to our lad but it does show the lack of deapth in English goalies.

Feel a bit bad for Green to be dumped totally just for one worry.

Doesn''t help Robinson just decided to quit and Foster will be a decent goalie alongside Hart.

[quote user="West Ham Canary"]I mean I''ve never even heard of this Frankie Fielding[/quote]And how many people across the country have ever heard of Fraser Forster?Either way, a strange decision.

Well i would guess a hell of alot more thats heard of Fielding ! This is the same Forster who was last season was linked to the likes of Stoke and Tottenham ! Im not saying Forster should be in the England squad, but how the hell was he over looked last season for the U21''s to McCarthy on loan to Yeovil & Fielding on loan to Rochdale ?

[quote user="dejanstenfanovic"]Well i would guess a hell of alot more thats heard of Fielding ! This is the same Forster who was last season was linked to the likes of Stoke and Tottenham ! Im not saying Forster should be in the England squad, but how the hell was he over looked last season for the U21''s to McCarthy on loan to Yeovil & Fielding on loan to Rochdale ?[/quote]Agreed. Just thought id reply to the OP that whether we have heard of a player or not surely should not come into it.As for the U21''s, agreed it does seem strange. But as ive never seen Fielding or McCarthy play or train before I cant comment as to how good they are. Im guessing Blackburns coaching staff have spoken with Capello. However surely Green should have been called up before the likes of Roach and Fielding? Although im guessing that would have been an even greater kick in the teeth.

I think we can agree that Green wont be in another Capello squad ! Bit harsh, yer he did make a mistake, what about the rest of them tho, Rooney, Lampard etc awful tournament BUT they are still there !

It does rather seem that several players are carrying the can for the crap world cup....even though many of those dropped were only bit-part players (or didn''t get on) such as Cole, Crouch, James etc - it is the others that were mostly to blame but seem untouchable.

Hasn''t that always been the case ? Lampard has underperformed for England for as long as i can remember seeing him play for England ! And until we start playing these players where they play best ie Rooney up top on his own, Gerrard just behind the striker we aren''t going to get anywhere ! £6m a year for playing a 4-4-2, brilliant, is it 1990 ?