Sign in to follow this  
silver fox

WILL WORTHY CHANGE THE DEFENCE AND REST HOLT?

I have lost count recently of how many times Worthy has said we gave the ball away and let in silly goals.  It is all very well stating the obvious, but why on earth doesn''t he change it. Every supporter can see that we desperately need height and a bit of pace in the centre of defence, a situation ready made for Shackell.  Come on Worthy drop Fleming and give Shackell a chance, and if it doesn''t work what have you lost.  I know he is the club captain but he is clearly going through a bad patch and you are not going to win matches by staying loyal to players who are struggling.

I notice there has been no reports on the extent of Holt''s ankle injury so is he going to be rested, or will Worthy play him in midfield against Southampton?  We can all see the need for a tough tackling midfielder who can make telling passes, sounds like Safri, but will he even make the bench?

Unfortunately I have this feeling that Worthy will stick with roughly the same team, and dare I say it, Southampton must be relishing the prospect of playing against our current back four.