Sign in to follow this  
Pabs

Korey Smith...

The way we''re set up, Smith will have to dislodge Fox or Crofts, and Fox would look the most vulnerable given that Crofts was the one bright spot last night.

[quote user="Mister Chops"]The way we''re set up, Smith will have to dislodge Fox or Crofts, and Fox would look the most vulnerable given that Crofts was the one bright spot last night.
[/quote]i thought Fox used and passed the ball well...but we do need a ball winner in there thats for sure

[quote user="Mister Chops"]The way we''re set up, Smith will have to dislodge Fox or Crofts, and Fox would look the most vulnerable given that Crofts was the one bright spot last night.
[/quote]

Exactly what i said in another post. We missed his energy last night imo, his closing down, tackling and work rate. Smith for Fox in the same position.

I thought that it was rather harsh that after such a good season last season Korey wasn''t starting. But, it seems that Crofts is a player of a similar mould to Korey, and after last nights performance i don''t think Crofts will be dropped.

Crofts was one of our better players last night!

Biggest problem for our midfield last night was behind them Nelson and Ward were all over the place and up front before Holt came on the ball wasn''t sticking up front!

[quote user="Reckoner"]I thought that it was rather harsh that after such a good season last season Korey wasn''t starting. But, it seems that Crofts is a player of a similar mould to Korey, and after last nights performance i don''t think Crofts will be dropped.
[/quote]

Yehh fox will be the one IF smith is played

i think he was still recovering from a knock received a couple of weeks back sort of like holt reckoner.

i thought Korey has been injured? In the EDP they said he was a doubt even to make the bench, so for PL to put him in means he must want him to be playing? We needed some bite in the centre of midfield, someone who would be like a terrier. Although he isn''t the biggest he certainly gives his all and gets stuck in!

[quote user="Pabs"]To be honest, I thought Foxy played better than Crofts last night.[/quote]

only about the 4th person who thinks the same as me...its good to agree with me dont worry [y]

This may be controversail but I''d like to see Korey moulded into a centre half. IMO he has all the attributes to be a top class centre half....(and would help us dislodge the 2 bits of wood we have currently!)

[quote user="Rocky Rocastle"]This may be controversail but I''d like to see Korey moulded into a centre half. IMO he has all the attributes to be a top class centre half....(and would help us dislodge the 2 bits of wood we have currently!)[/quote]No, he''s much too lightweight and small to be a centre half, i think his best position is a ball winning central midfielder. And if he was recovering from an injury on friday then fair enough, but hopefully he can get back into the team in the next few weeks.

I think he could make a very good full back who wouldn''t be frightened get forward. But I agree with others I think that would be a waste. He can offer so much in the midfield of the park. We definitely missed some of his ''bite'' on Friday.

Thanks...he needs to play.

Was very good tonight. Think we tend to notice him even more when he is not playing (which is a compliment!)