Sign in to follow this  
Jim Smith

"Clumsy defending from Norwich City" - quelle surprise

Sounds as if we have made a decent start and I suspect we will still win this but as long as we have carthorses like Nelson in our central defence we will concede stupid goals.

Another goal conceded where the goalkeeper is let down horribly by his defenders, far too early to judge but slightly worrying that 3 of the 4 goals we''ve conceded this season already have been courtesy of poor defensive errors.

Yeah but the Nelson lovers will be out in force now you''ve said that ! Why cant people see how slow and how bad his distribution is ? He might have been ok/good last year BUT league one makes alot of players look good ! Thats why he''s spent the whole of his career in the lower leagues !

[quote user="Legend Iwan"]And it didn''t sound like it was R.Martin''s fault - strange [:O][/quote]Blame him anyway, just to keep the Barrys happy eh?[:P]

Seems worrying that Lambert chooses him over Askou who''s been on the bench two games running so must be fit enough to play a part.

IMO (and I''ve been saying it for a while) is that we need a c-b on loan just for a short period to set things right. When all are fully fit and firing, I''m sure we''ll be ok, but Ward and Askou didn''t get a decent enough pre-season in, Whitbread seems to be a permanent sick-note and we sold Spillane who was the most obvious alternative.

[quote user="dejanstenfanovic"]Yeah but the Nelson lovers will be out in force now you''ve said that ! Why cant people see how slow and how bad his distribution is ? He might have been ok/good last year BUT league one makes alot of players look good ! Thats why he''s spent the whole of his career in the lower leagues ![/quote]Almost all our squad have spent their entire careers at league 1 level thats why we are struggling .

[quote user="leedscanary"][quote user="Legend Iwan"]And it didn''t sound like it was R.Martin''s fault - strange [:O][/quote]

Blame him anyway, just to keep the Barrys happy eh?[:P]
[/quote]

Oh ok then. [;)] Damn you Martin [:@]

Looking a bit better now, i''d rather we''d get these stupid defending situations out of the way now than later in the season.

[quote user="Dogger "]Looking a bit better now, i''d rather we''d get these stupid defending situations out of the way now than later in the season.[/quote] That''s a positive way to look at it Dogger, but I feel these are gonna keep on coming with those two in front of shaky Ruddy...

Who would of paid for Nelson ? and Doherty was probably on 3 times as much as Nelson ! So unfortunately there was only going to be one winner !

Possibly Robfleck, but remember Ward prob isn''t 100% fit and it''s a step up for Nelson - if it takes 3-4 games then so be it, i just don''t think PL should be too rash and make changes already.Just wish Forster was still here though!

Russell Martin, that shocking, awful, useless defender, is involved in both goals? Surely not.

Its not a step up we are playing Gillingham in the cup and he''s still dodgy. Hopefully we will win tonight but the defensive frailties will make Lambert''s mind up that chnages are needed.

To be fair to Ruddy and the defence, there is a huge step-up from friendlies to competitive games. I''m sure they will find their feet soon - it is absolutely the case that none of Ward, Whitbread or Askou had a proper pre-season. It is also the case that Ruddy wasn''t to blame for any of Watford''s goals.

Nelson ended the season as one of our best players. Had he been dropped and we still conceded, people would have been screaming that Lambert had been unfair and should have given him a chance.

[quote user="Thecanaryfan"]Martin is now my fave player at the mo.[/quote]Russell? -be careful, the Haters will be onto you!

[quote user="Evil Monkey"]Nelson ended the season as one of our best players. Had he been dropped and we still conceded, people would have been screaming that Lambert had been unfair and should have given him a chance.
[/quote]

I wouldn''t have been because despite the fact i will admit he did ok in the end last season he still looked an accident waiting to happen and it was my clear view that he would not be in our team regularly this season because he is not good enough. I still think Lambert had Whitbread and Ward in mind as his CB pairing but if Whitbread is not going to be fit very, very soon then Lambert needs to be decisive and get a defender in on loan asap.

On a more positive note good to see the Holt/Martin combo back in tandem and both on the scoresheet. I think we are a decent unit going forward.